Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AngelaParker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Free ACE Certification!

Hi everybody. If any of you guys need to get certified, go here: www.truepersonaltrainer.com. I got a free ACE personal trainer voucher and now I need free ACE materials!!! Does anyone want to "loan" me theirs?????

Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is this site even legit? the best one out of all of those is ACSM

I wasn't sure it was actually a free thing until my voucher came. It's legit.

Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Firepower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what's the catch?

MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know but I want to check it out just because im curious! lol

Not in Kansas anymore FitGirlTrainer's Avatar
    FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitGirlTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Firepower
    what's the catch?
    Hmm, it looks like you have to pay them for something. They mention submitting 5 exercise programs and giving them "your paypal account information." I didn't notice that until *after* (perhaps foolishly) giving them my name/address/phone number, which is very unusual for me. I never give out that information, especially on the internet.
    "All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible."

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."

lol..you folks go ahead and check it out and let me know if it's really worth it

Relax everybody. You only have to provide a paypal account if you want to SELL your programs. How are you going to get paid otherwise???? A paypal account isn't like a bank account. I doubt most people have more than 20 bucks in their paypal account!! I have less than five in mine. It's a promotion. All of this talk is getting them recognized. It's pretty smart. Get certified or don't... I don't care. I got mine so I'm good !!!!

hmmm...did they say how much they pay for each program?

It's kinda like Ebay for trainers. They are simply posting your programs for sale online. The free cert is just a promotion. They seem to primarily be a site for personal trainers and people looking for personal trainers. The certification I wanted was the Scirion Institute one (because it's the most expensive and the most challenging) but you don't get to choose which cert you get. I think I got the worst of the four they offer, but that's fine because I used to have an ACE cert and so I know their program. I think the materials have changed and that is why I wanted to see if anyone has new materials that I can get.

i haven't heard many good things about ACE, mainly bad things. but out of the choices, ACSM and ACE are the only ones that are NCCA accreditted. i haven't heard of Scirion before. are they new?

ACE is popular because they're easy. Everyone knows they can pass the ACE exam. The Scirion program is new and not that many people have heard of them but they're program is really hard. The difference between telling people you graduated from Wichita City College or telling them you graduated from Harvard University. If you pass the Scirion Institute exam, it automatically seperates you from just about everyone else. That's why I wanted to get that voucher because if I fail (there would be a good chance I did) I'm not out any money. But beggers can't be choosers!!! I'm happy with my ACE!

too bad they don't have a coupon for NSCA...i could use it for when i take the CSCS exam!
    Last edited by Firepower; 09-27-2006 at 07:58 AM.

That would be nice!

if you submit more than 5 programs, will they give you another cert coupon?

If they want to go out of business they will!!! Their promotion sounds extremely expensive. Unless they have deals with every cert program participating, this thing is going to cost them big time. Probably cheaper than advertising on TV though. The 5 programs are free too. It's an awesome deal because their aren't any fees at all. I probably would post my programs there anyway because it's a great way to sell my pt programs to people across the U.S.

yeah, those exams aren't cheap...looks like many people praise the Scirion cert.

The Scirion cert is so well respected. The ACSM program is also one of the best in the industry. Hell, if it's free I'll take the $50 Thompson exam !!! Clients are so clueless they do know the difference anyway!

what is the Scirion cert geared towards? Is it similar to the ACSM HFI, which is one of the top certs (next to CSCS)? I'm pursuing the CSCS because I want to train athletes.

The people that I've talked to say it focuses on ex phys and sports rehab. CSCS is great for what you're trying to do.

the scirion site doesn't give much info. how much is the exam?

are you currently a pt?

jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is everyone getting Scirion coupons for this promo? I got the same thing, and you guys are saying this is a harder cert? also, I've been looking on ebay/amazon for study materials and haven't really found a whole lot, is there anywhere else that I could check up on?

sarahlivian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sarahlivian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't want to sound like Marsha Brady, "Why does she always get the good one?" But no.. we don't all get a Scirion coupon. I got the worst one The AFAA coupon. I bet they give more AFAA ones away because they're cheap.

supposedly the Scirion exam is very difficult.

lol sarah, i think ACE is the worst one, imo.

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Firepower
    what's the catch?
    I have to agree probably have to sign over your car to this company

jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jboddy34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow...the Scirion site IS total horse **** lol. way worse than any other cert site that I've been on. how do you all say that Scirion is so well recognized, you definately don't hear much about it anywhere, at least myself anyways. Is there ANYWHERE else I could go to find some more info on exam sites/cheaper study supplies? I would REALLY appreciate any help I can get, so thanks in advance!

Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like their site. It's plain and simple. That's when you know a company is doing well, when their website is boring and plain. Look at the site we're on. These guys are the biggest online but the home page is plain as can be. Compare Yahoo's home page with Google's. Google is way bigger but their site is worse than Scirion's!!! Yahoo has all the "bell's and whistle's" Flash video and all of that crap just to throw you off. Wake up man. If the site is plain, it's because they don't need to impress you with all that other crap!!

That said... they could use a bit more animation

lol

well said

scirion could atleast add more info to their site though. i guess they like to be mysterious?

Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Thickhearted has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think it's because they are not an Internet cert agency and don't want to be confused as one. They seem to want you to talk with them and not just learn, apply and pay online. That's what I like about the site. It's the only cert website I've seen that doesn't want you to just read about a bunch of stupid accedidation stamps and input your credit card number to buy something (Which by the way are all phoney. Many certification agencies say they are accredited but that simply isn't true. Accredited means "officially recognized". There are no government bodies (federal or state) that oversee certification companies. IHRSA, NCCA, NBFE, etc call themselves accediting bodies but to get their "stamp of approval" on your website, you just have to pay a fee. Just like the Better Business Bureau does. In fact if you investigate further, you'll discover that with many of these "so-called accrediting bodies", there will be executive members whom are affiliated with cert agencies. Talk about a conflict of interest!!!! The Scirion website doesn't have those ridiculous stamps and doesn't ask for money.. they ask you to call and speak with someone. That's cool.