John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

14 year old male need some advice

Hello, ive been coming to bodybuilding.com for sometime now and decided to register with the forums. Heres some of my stats/background:
    Im a 14 year old male my height is 5'8 and I weigh 148 pounds I weighed 135 about 4 months ago but I decided to bulk up a bit to about 150-160ish and I accomplished that goal. I didnt really put on much muscle just got a little bigger and a tad bit leaner. I want to pack some serious muscle on my arms but I lost motivation and slacked off but now im back and fully motivated, basicaly I just want everyone to notice that I actualy have biceps, triceps, etc.. because now I basicaly look like skin fat and bones and I hate it! I posted some pictures and let me give you some info on them, 1.png and 2.png was me yesterday, 3.png was me one year ago, As you can see one year ago I was extremly unhealthy and a tad bit overweight, I was pale and couldnt even walk outside without throwing up. I guess you can say I was an extreme nerd, summer '05 I decided to change, I didnt get no attention fromgirls and had no friends at all because of the way I looked and acted, so I started running, lifting light weights just to get tone, working outside, and any other outdoor activity. I joined track and feild in the spring of 2006 and that got me in the best shape of my life and since then ive been exercising and enjoying activitys outside freely, and I hardly spend time on the computer anymore only at in the evening when all my exercise and work is done(Thats quite a difference considering one year ago I wouldve been on the computer from the second I got home from school till about 4 am in the morning I only had about 3 hours of sleep!). But anyways enough about how I got here, I have a couple of questions
    Should I bulk up?
    Can I still gain muscle on my arms if I start cutting? I really want to get rid some fat
    Im joining cross country in one week will that make me unable to gain muscle by doing that much cardio if I eat a lot of calories still?

Heres my current workout routine, do you guys think its pretty good? I got it from here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw31.htm

Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Traps:

* Bench Press - 6 Sets x 8 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Dips - 3 Sets x 12 Reps (1 Min Rest)
    * Military Press - 4 Sets x 10 Reps (1 Min Rest)
    * Superset: Lateral Raises/Front Raises - 4 Sets x 10 Reps (45 Sec Rest)
    * Shrugs - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (1 Min Rest)

Tuesday - Legs, Arms, Back:

* Full Squats - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Calf Raises - 4 Sets x 12 Reps (1 Min Rest)
    * Superset: Weighted Chin-Ups/Bent Over Rows - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Superset: Barbell Curls/Weighted Dips - 4 Sets x 8 Reps (45 Sec Rest)
    * Superset: Reverse Curls/Skull Crushers - 4 Sets x 12 Reps (30 Sec Rest)

Thursday - Chest, Shoulders, Traps:

* Low Incline Bench Press - 6 Sets x 8 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Dips - 3 Sets x 12 Reps (1 Min Rest)
    * Military Press - 4 Sets x 10 Reps (1 Min Rest)
    * Superset: Lateral Raises/Front Raises - 4 Sets x 10 Reps (45 Sec Rest)
    * Shrugs - 5 Sets x 8 Reps (1 Min Rest)

Friday - Legs, Arms, Back:

* Full Squats - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Snatch-Grip Deadlifts - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Calf Raises - 4 Sets x 12 Reps (1 Min Rest)
    * Superset: Pull-Ups/Bent Over Rows - 5 Sets x 10 Reps (2 Min Rest)
    * Superset: Barbell Curls/Weighted Dips - 4 Sets x 8 Reps (45 Sec Rest)
    * Superset: Reverse Curls/Skull Crushers - 4 Sets x 12 Reps (30 Sec Rest)

Well thanks if you took some time and read threw some of this!
    ~John M

PS: If you dont like the routine can you guys reccomend any other fast muscle gaining workouts?
    Attached Images

z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000) z4ck is a complete loser! (-2000)
    The routine looks decent and all, but the one thing that bothers me is how long they are. It looks extremely time consuming, are you willing to work out for that long 4 days a week?

John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John M has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah it lasts about an hour on the leg arm and back day but ill have to change it around a bit.

Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    not bad looking at all man
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 4-Rocky-4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my stats are about the same with height and weight but im a tad bit less fat and more muscle do some cardio while your at it

Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah...

You definately should not be doing a split.

Go with a full body routine with 2-3 days of cardio during the week.
    A calorie is not a calorie.

noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) noodle307 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    id say this is a good split. as long as you can handle all that. just make sure your diet is in check and everything. if that fails try a fullbody workout or 5x5
    Not a troll, just an ***hole

LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LewieS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At your height and weight and current bodyfat ... I wouldn't worry about 'cutting' or 'bulking'.
    Focus on your diet and get a better program.

Switch you routine to a 3 x full body workout each week with some cardio thrown in there
    Ex -
    Sun - Off
    Mon - Full body 1
    Tues - Rest or Cardio+abs
    Wed - Full body 2
    Thurs - Rest or Cardio+abs
    Fri - Full Body 3
    Sat - Rest or Cardio+abs

Focus on the large compound lifts with some isolation movements thrown on in the end.

For your diet, focus on eating clean, protein rich food, skim dairy, green fibrous vegetables, Healthy fats, and fibre/nutrient dense carbs.
    Basically if you can pick it, grow it or hunt it it's good for ya.

Providing you body with the proper fuel at the proper times, at your age I can guarentee you that you'll gain some muscle, and lose some fat at the same time. (and yes this will help your arms ) Your currently 'skinny fat'.

Bump, any other opinions/suggestions?