sf6033 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Looking to get rock hard

hey everyone i'm looking to get rock hard. I was wondering if i started to do this rotine a everyday off on weekends. Would it be over trianing or no? You always see things like this in books for like karate etc... instead of a weight workout

100 push-ups
    100 body squats
    100 dips
    100 pull-ups
    and a sprinting workout

like for a month or two to change up a bit? Or should i stick with the norm and just up my reps and drop the weight?
    any feed back would be great thanks alot guys.

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you should continue weight training as opposed to doing something like that. Also, you said to increase reps and decrease weight. Higher reps WON'T make your muscles more defined or toned. If your looking to get cut, just post and we could help you out.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

ok that be great i'm kinda new to the board so i'm not sure what you want me to post but if you could help me out cutting that be great.

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by sf6033
    ok that be great i'm kinda new to the board so i'm not sure what you want me to post but if you could help me out cutting that be great.
    ALright no problem. For your deit, try these calculations/estimations to try to figure out how many calories and protein (grams0 you should take in:

calroies:
    bodyweight x 12-13

protein:
    bodyweight x 1.2-1.4

Keep carbs lower then usual and saturated fats in moderation.

You also are going to want to be doing cardio. Start out with one short cardio session and work your way up to 3-5 20-40 minute sessions. Some good types of cardio are: running, biking, swimming, jump roping, and stair climbing. Also, if you are short on time for cardio, try HIIT or Maxo-ot cardio. I usually take a protein shake before my cardio sessions (20-30 minutes) to prevent muscle loss and muscle catabolism.

I can also help you make a training split. I need you to answer some questions though:

1. How many times a week can you workout?
    2. How many times a week do you prefer?

If you answer that, I can help you further.

ok cals would be 2460
    and pro - 287

i can work out 7 days a week and that fine by me

ok cals would be 2460
    and pro - 287

i can work out 7 days a week and that fine by me
    I say anything more then 5 days is too much. Especially when cutting. I'm in a rush now, so when i come back (10-20 minutes), I will help make you a split.

wow thanks you so much

i have a pritty good diet all i eat is chicken all day i have 12% body fat and i'm at 205 so i'm not too bad but i was that dry ripped look you know?

wow thanks you so much

i have a pritty good diet all i eat is chicken all day i have 12% body fat and i'm at 205 so i'm not too bad but i was that dry ripped look you know?
    Yeah I know. You will probably achieve this around 8-9 % bodyfat. Now, for cutting, I reccomend a 3 or 4 day split. HEre are some good ones:

chest/triceps
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    rest
    rest

chest/shoulders
    back/traps
    rest
    legs
    arms
    rest
    rest

chest/biceps
    legs
    rest
    back/traps
    shoudlers/triceps

chest/back
    rest
    legs
    rest
    shoulders/arms
    rest
    rest

chest/triceps
    rest
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs/shoulders
    rest
    rest

legs/biceps
    rest
    chest/shoulders
    rest
    back/triceps
    rest
    rest

Pick one you like or one you find somewhere else, and we can discuss the exercsies, sets/reps, and where to put cardio.

this looks good to me

chest/shoulders
    back/traps
    rest
    legs
    arms
    rest
    rest

Well, here is what I would do:

chest/shoulders

Flat Bench press 3 sets
    Incline Dumbell press 3 sets
    Flat flyes or dips (LEANING FOWARD) 2 sets
    Military press 3 sets
    Lateral raises 2 sets
    Bent over lateral raises 1-2 sets

back/traps

Bent over barbell rows 3 sets
    Pullups (palms facing foward and weighted if it can be done over 10 reps) 2-3 sets
    Deadlifts 3 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets
    One armed rows 2 sets

legs

normal squats 3 sets
    lunges 3 sets
    hack squats 2 sets
    stiff legged deadlifts 2 sets
    Weighted calf raises 3 sets
    seated calf raises 2 sets

arms

Barbell curls 3 sets
    Hammer curls 2 sets
    Incline curls 2 sets
    Close-grip Bench press 3 sets
    Skull Crushers 2 sets
    Upright dips 2 sets

I like the reps best in the 4-6 range. Most people like the 6-10 range though. Just to tell you (if you don't know), higher reps won't make you more toned or defined.

Cardio should be done on:

tuesday
    thursday
    saturday

and you can pick another cardio day or two on one of your workout days.

If you need anymore help, just post.

thanks i'll give it a try

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Looking to get rock hard

hey everyone i'm looking to get rock hard. I was wondering if i started to do this rotine a everyday off on weekends. Would it be over trianing or no? You always see things like this in books for like karate etc... instead of a weight workout

100 push-ups
    100 body squats
    100 dips
    100 pull-ups
    and a sprinting workout

like for a month or two to change up a bit? Or should i stick with the norm and just up my reps and drop the weight?
    any feed back would be great thanks alot guys.
    Can you really do 100 dips and pullups in a row??
    That's pretty good if you can!

lol omg no i try to do 10 or so and take 20 seconds then continue as you can imagine near the end the breaks get a bit longer

thanks i'll give it a try
    No problem. If you need anymore help, feel free to post or pm me.

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol omg no i try to do 10 or so and take 20 seconds then continue as you can imagine near the end the breaks get a bit longer
    I think a workout consisting of chins, dips and squats would be a great abbreviated routine! Maybe not for you, but it would be interesting to see what actually could be gained from such a workout!

Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Irishfurey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree that you should lift some weights if you want to get rock hard. I read an article in Muscle Media by Pavel (can't recall his last name) he talks about using high amounts of tension for definition and hardness. He recommends squeezing your muscle as hard as you can while you lift.