Registered User metaldrummer517's Avatar
    metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bulking innefective

I have been bulking for about 3 weeks now and I have gained 5-6 lbs. I feel like this is all just fat however. My measurements are no different than they were before except now my waisteline is bigger. Ive been eating mostly chicken and black beans, eggs and oatmeal in the mornings, lots of muscle milk and totally clean carbs.

I think I messed this bulk up and I want to cut down and start over. what are your favorite foods for cutting? Im a college student and eat mostly campus food but Im getting tired of it and am gonna have to go grocery shopping -what shopuld I buy besides the usual stuff? (chicken, oatmeal, PB etc)

arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnold23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i started cutting for a competition while i still had 2 weeks left at school instant brown rice, whey protein, eggs cooked in a microwave, brought up a foreman grill and grilled chicken and asparagus, canned green beans, almonds, peanut butter, sweet potatos, and i fit this all in a mini fridge.

bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bear82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think you should always slowly transition into a bulk or diet. this will minimize early incidental fat gain. 2-300cals per week to 10days is usually about right. train with more weight and less volume. more cals will go to growth rather than energy, and hopefully growth of muscle. i know this isn't the scientific explanation, but it seems to work!
    TRY doesn't exist...
    what you CAN do doesn't matter...
    only your accomplishments prove who you are

The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    tell us more about your diet. How many cals, what macronutrient ratios, and when you eat what.

Also, are you actually training properly? Don't make the same mistake I did and eat both a stupidly high-carb diet, and barely train. I gained 35lbs in 3 months - yes, all fat.
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50) metaldrummer517 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train hard 6 days a week

FOOD:

meal 1: musle milk, scrambled eggs (all i can get), oatmea

meal 2: Muslce milk, steel cut oats spoonful peanut butter

meal 3: sushi (tuna and avocado roll light soy sauce) and protein pudding

meal 4: Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce onion tomato no mayo

PWO: anator P70 (im not an endomorph)

meal 5: chicken and baked potatoes / shredded chicken and black beans

meal 6: musle milk steel cut oats and peanut butter

Im just getting confused because i have always been a hard gainer but now that im actually eating enough, im just getting fat. Should I be doing cardio even when im bulking? I thought that was a no-no

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think your bulking way to fast. In 3 weeks you shouldnt notice a substantial gain in muscle and especially when you have gained so much fat to cover it up. Lower your calories to around 200-300 excess a day. Use this calculator http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/leah1.htm to find your basal metabolic rate and add any activities to that. Then add the addition 200-300 for bulking.

And make sure your rotine is solid so you will be able to gain the fastest. This means mainly compund exercies:

chest - bench presses and dips
    back - deadlift, pullups, and bent over rows with barbell
    biceps - curls (one-two sets MAX on back day)
    triceps - skull crushers or pulldowns (again, one-two sets MAX on chest day)
    abs - two or three sets of curls/leg raises.
    legs - squat/deadlift

Try to train each body part twice a week with three days rest in between.

This will allow you to add some serious size. Its working for me, but remember gains take time. Try to be patient. Adding lots of fat on a huge bulk isnt smart long term.
    Last edited by alexclark; 09-25-2006 at 05:13 PM.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alexclark
    I think your bulking way to fast. In 3 weeks you shouldnt notice a substantial gain in muscle and especially when you have gained so much fat to cover it up. Lower your calories to around 200-300 excess a day. Use this calculator http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/leah1.htm to find your basal metabolic rate and add any activities to that. Then add the addition 200-300 for bulking.

And make sure your rotine is solid so you will be able to gain the fastest. This means mainly compund exercies:

chest - bench presses and dips
    back - deadlift, pullups, and bent over rows with barbell
    biceps - curls (one-two sets MAX on back day)
    triceps - skull crushers or pulldowns (again, one-two sets MAX on chest day)
    abs - two or three sets of curls/leg raises.

Try to train each body part twice a week with three days rest in between.

This will allow you to add some serious size. Its working for me, but remember gains take time. Try to be patient. Adding lots of fat on a huge bulk isnt smart long term.
    I think you forgot squat, squat and squat again... 'till you puke

alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexclark will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX
    I think you forgot squat, squat and squat again... 'till you puke
    yeah of course...cant believe i didnt add that in. i always squat. love doing it.

Thanks all for the advice. What do you guys think: should I cut this bulk short, cut down and start over right or should I finish up my bulking supps (another two weeks worth) and then cut?