Now w/ Electrolytes TheGenius64's Avatar
    TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGenius64 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My back strength building program

Hey everyone. So basicly this workout is sapposed to be geared toward strengthening my back(which is lagging),to help build strength/explosivness in my legs and in my chest/arms. I'm focusing on these areas because like I said my back is far behind the rest of my body, and because I want to become more athletic(and athletic looking) So here it is:

Exercise (reps)
    Monday: ( back/leg strength)
    Squat-10,5,5,5
    Deadlift-10,5,5,5
    Bent over Rows-6,6,6
    Chin Ups - 3 sets as many as possible ( i can only do like 6-7 in a row right now)

Wednesday: (more towards explosiveness)
    Squat-10,5,5,5
    Deadlift-10, 5,5,5
    Cleans-3,3,3
    Incline-6,6,6

Friday: (upperbody/leg strength)
    Squat 10,5,5,5
    Deadlift-10,5,5,5
    D.B. Incline-12,10,8,6
    Bench-10,5,5,5

so does anyone have an suggestions on how i can make this better? or should i just go with it and see what happens? If i'm forgetting anything please let me know.Thanks!

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unless you plan on really staggering intensities I'd say squatting and deadlifting that much in a week is suicide. Look at the 5x5 for instance. Yea, you squat 3x a week but you deadlift once and intensities are moderated in a logical manner. Right now considering the fact that you have the same rep scheme for each day it seems that you plan on lifting at the same intensity level, which will definitely be at best inefficient and more than likely overtraining.

Also, not trying to be insulting here, but your rep scheme is plain... never mind, I'll hold back lol. 10, 5, 5, 5? A more logical scheme would be 5, 5, 5, 10. You don't want to do your burn set first lol. And, you definitely don't want to do that many reps on deadlift period, at least not on a regular basis. An occasional high rep dead workout can be a benefit but it's not something to do on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'm being very critical but your program does show some good intention... much more so than most other things people post here. It seems like you modeled at least part of it from the 5x5. If that's intentional or not, my reccomendation would be to go ahead and just do the single factor 5x5. You can throw in additional upper back work with pullups on Wednesdays and then you'll have upper back and lower back hit 3x a week with everything else getting it's share too in a proven to work format.