pink lush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

looking to slim down, tone up and get lean

Right now I weigh in at 140 pounds at 5' 6.
    Im looking to slim down and get toned.
    My body is really soft (Im a woman).
    Right now I just joined a gym and I do alot of cardio
    and will be moving up to weights this week.

Is there a supplement or something I can do to help me achieved
    a more lean, tone look without bulking up? Im not into bodybuilding
    I just want to be ripped, slim and toned. I also want to get my body fat down.

Please answer :/

Amanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but there's no magic pill.
    The only way to a tight, toned body is hard work.

There are supplements (the ephedrine/caffeine/asparin stack being the one with the most research backing it up) that can help you lose weight, in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet. These speed up your metabolism slightly, so that you will burn more calories at rest, however there are side effects, & some people shouldn't take them. And again, they're not magic bullets -their effects are slight, & in many cases, barely noticeable.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing

Hey thanks for answering. I keep hearing about protein and creatine and I thought something like that would help.

Trust me Im working out and I know it takes work its just my body is soo soft and I dont like that. I want to get it firm and toned. Sometimes even after my legs are toned other parts still feel soft.

JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Amanda
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but there's no magic pill.
    The only way to a tight, toned body is hard work.

There are supplements (the ephedrine/caffeine/asparin stack being the one with the most research backing it up) that can help you lose weight, in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet. These speed up your metabolism slightly, so that you will burn more calories at rest, however there are side effects, & some people shouldn't take them. And again, they're not magic bullets -their effects are slight, & in many cases, barely noticeable.
    Thats right, DIET IS THE KEY along with a good cardio/weight routine. Reasearch the Losing fat boards, get some ideas, post a diet and ask for help. Everbody here will be happy to help.

Supplimenting your diet is like tweaking a race car (which Ive done a lot of).
    It will ONLY help you get there just a LITTLE bit faster.

JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by pink lush
    Hey thanks for answering. I keep hearing about protein and creatine and I thought something like that would help.

Trust me Im working out and I know it takes work its just my body is soo soft and I dont like that. I want to get it firm and toned. Sometimes even after my legs are toned other parts still feel soft.
    Protien is needed if you cant get what you need from your diet. Creatine will help strength gains, but also causes water retention. So its up to you on the creatine matter. Its really not needed for your goals.
    Last edited by JustinM; 01-21-2003 at 08:50 PM.

Amanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It takes time!

Protein is the basic building block of muscle, so if you're trying to add muscle you want to be sure that you're getting enough (which really isn't hard). To build muscle, try & take in 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Creatine gets good results in a lot of people! I didn't mention it, because I read your post to mean that you didn't want to build much muscle, but if you do, creatine could be well worth a try! There's a lot of posts about creatine, & how to take it in the supplement section.
    You'll still have to work though - creatine works by letting you squeeze out an extra rep or two when you lift, which (theoretically, at least) can equate to bigger gains.

You say that you're going to start weights this week. Will you be working with a trainer?
    I'm very fond of telling people to educate themselves. There's a lot of good books & magazines out there. I'd suggest you start with Weight Training for Dummies. Don't be put off by the title, it's an excellent book with a lot of worthwhile information in it!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you are looking to slim down and tone up...here is what i would suggest:

1) first of all before investing your hard earned money into a bunch of supplements...see if you can stick with the training part on a consistant basis for atleast 3 months before you start taking anything.

2) You can do all the weight training/cardio in the world but if you dont have a solid diet down you wont see any real dramatic results by any means.

3) Try doing your cardio first thing in the morning before you eat anything...this will burn 2x more calories in a session and will kick start your metabolism for the majority of the day.

4) Supplements like Xenedrine and Stacker2 (fatburners) are excellent to aid in fat loss but as Amanda said they come with some potential side effects that you might not like or tolerate...but again dont think about taking anything till you have made going to the gym a high priority.

5) Check out the artical that i wrote called "If you want to lose weight....." that should give you an idea of what to eat and cut out of your diet.

6) This link here is an excellent site that goes into detail about the Body For Life program....i put many of my clients on to this and the ones that adhere to it make nothing but excellent results.

http://www.hussman.org/fitness/bfl.htm

hope this helps you out! Good luck to ya!

cheers
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

thanks guys!