sledd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

look at my push/pull abbreviated/hit routine? suggestions?

i've been having good results using a fully body abbreviated/hit style routine but it's getting too hard for me to do around 10 exercises per workout with at least half being to failure each workout. i usually end up tired around half way through, and even though i can finish the rest, the last exercises suffer. so i was thinking about going to push/pull alternating the two mon, wed, fri

push

squat
    weighted dips
    seated overhead press
    weighted crunches

pull

sldl
    weighted chins
    db row
    side bends
    calf raises

would this overtrain my hamstrings? just looking for ideas ...

this is by far the hardest workout i've ever done. i can't see how some people can say that HIT is easy. after i've done a set to failure of weighted chins or dips i get down and feel so exhausted and lightheaded that i have to sit for 30 secs just to recover. i can't imagine doing more than one set. i guess it just depends on how much intensity you put into it.

MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000) MOD is just really nice. (+1000)

do OHP before dips, since your delts and tris will be too fatigued from dips to get decent weight up for your OHP. if you do OHP before dips, it won't affect your dips at all ( at least in my experience ). as for your hamms , you can try doing front squats, or you can place a board under your heals to take some stress off your hamms.

I've done a push pull split like this one and my hamms were fine, and I was doing 6 sets of squats and SLDs. the best part about abbreviated routines is that you can take your time. do a proper warm up, visualize the excercise, then do it with 110% effort. you don't have to rush through 10 different excercises, making sure you finish within 47.765787 minutes.

good luck.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hams shouldnt be overtrained.

However, how you squat will determine how fatigued they get on that day.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

sledd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what about suggestions to keep my lower back from being overtraining from the squats and sldl's on consecutive days?

HITKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If these very abbreviated routines work for you then do them. I tried something like the routine you listed and it was not enough. I have gotten my best results from doing a three way split: upper body push exercises and tricep exercises on say monday, upper body pull exercises and biceps on say wed, and all lower body on say friday. I would work my muscle only once a week but do 2-3 exercises for each major group in HIT fashion (2 warm up sets, one to failure, and sometimes one drop set). I'm going back to the three way currently.
    The key to muscular growth is logic, sound science, and hard work.

I'm a recovering ectomorph. 27, 5'8", 175. Have trained off and on for years but only seriously since mid-April 2002.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by sledd
    what about suggestions to keep my lower back from being overtraining from the squats and sldl's on consecutive days?
    Shouldnt be a problem.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com