24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

want2grow will become famous soon enough. (+50) want2grow will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Is 5'7 too tall for a middleweight???

Well just wondering. I decided about 6 months ago to train for a bodybuilding contest-- date will be in July 2007. I've been trying to pack on some mass, but haven't grown as much as I wanted. My lean weight on my last body fat check was around 170#, I'm about 192-195 now and around 13-14% bodyfat. I figure if I can keep the muscle and slowly lean out I'd look pretty good for the novice middleweight class at 176. I'll have to post some pics soon.

Anyways, what is the average height of a middleweight?? My buddy at the gym says I'm too tall (I'm only 5'7) for middleweight class. I figure the most important part is coming in ripped.

I'm taking a break right now from the heavy compound training and doing more of a precontest routine/ increasing my cardio. I'm going to try slowly work to 10% BF by early February.

Thanks in advance and appreciate all comments.

Stats: 202 lbs
    BodyPoints: 29014
    j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) j_neatherlin has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit j_neatherlin's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by want2grow
    Well just wondering.
    no
    I decided about 6 months ago to train for a bodybuilding contest-- date will be in July 2007. I've been trying to pack on some mass, but haven't grown as much as I wanted. My lean weight on my last body fat check was around 170#, I'm about 192-195 now and around 13-14% bodyfat. I figure if I can keep the muscle and slowly lean out I'd look pretty good for the novice middleweight class at 176. I'll have to post some pics soon.

Anyways, what is the average height of a middleweight?? My buddy at the gym says I'm too tall (I'm only 5'7) for middleweight class.
    i have no idea what the avg height is for a middleweight. i'm 5'5 and compete at middleweight and most of the guys i've competed against have been significantly taller than me.
    I figure the most important part is coming in ripped.
    yes

I'm taking a break right now from the heavy compound training and doing more of a precontest routine/ increasing my cardio.
    increasing cardio = good; taking a break from heavy compound training = bad
    I'm going to try slowly work to 10% BF by early February.

Thanks in advance and appreciate all comments.
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

want2grow will become famous soon enough. (+50) want2grow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks a lot for the reply J!

BodyPoints: 844
    Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000) Ski is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Ski's BodySpace
    It all depends on what you look like in contest condition.

I`ve seen plenty of guys at 5'8" or so but I have also seen more shorter guys as well competing at Middles.

Your proportions and lines,lean body mass,and bodyfat % in shape will determine if you are ready regardless of you being 5'7' or shorter.
    2012-Rising Like The Phoenix !!