Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest Exercises with no bench

Hi Guys:

I'm working away from home right now and don't have the cash to join a gym right now.

So i've cleared a space at the place i rent during the week, i have a barbell and dumbbells.

i'm doing the normal stuff, squats, deads, Standing Military press, bb curls etc. I'm pretty pleased with the way these exercises are going.

unfortunately i have no bench so for my chest i'm doing pressups only, standard, close grip, wide grip and inclines. I'm worried that my chest will fall behind.

Are there any other good chest exercises i can do without a bench?

If this job turns out to be long term i may invest in either a bench or a dip station, i would prefer a dip station as i love dips, but will dips work my entire chest?

thanks guys.
    Height: 6'1

Starting Weight: 186lbs (24 jan 2008)

thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    floor press

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dips will work your entire chest, and they'll carry over nicely to any flat movement you use when you get back to the gym. But, you could also do weighted pushups. Put a backpack on with some weight in it.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DB Floor Press. If not weighted push ups. Get a friend to hold the weights in place if you dont have a book bag. Dips are amazing. You can get a cheap one for 100. I still use mine and I go to a gym (theyre good for pull ups too)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    do what everyone else said. Also you can get one of those exercise ball things for like $10 at Walmart and do presses and flys on that rather than a bench. Also could put your feet on it and do elevated pushups. Tons of stuff you can come up with if you put your mind to it.

Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sid3335 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank guys.

about the exercise ball idea, i like the idea of it being cheap, but aren't there many dangers with this. is balance difficult? how much weight can a ball take?

I'm guessing i shouldn't max out with my barbell on it.
    Height: 6'1

Starting Weight: 186lbs (24 jan 2008)

Killa Cris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Instead of buying a dip stand, you could place 2 chairs next to each other and do dips like that.

ceptxj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    use the ball, its a good idea and cheap as well. try without weights to get adjusted and work on your balance and work your way up with weights and you'll be pumping iron in no time with the ball.

best of luck!