WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) WanTanSoup is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

L-glutamine before bed

I usualy take l-glutamine with a whey shake right after my workout.

I take a casein shake with milk before bed, but if I add l-glutamine to that as well, will it prevent my body from going into a catabolic state even more?

thanks

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WanTanSoup

I take a casein shake with milk before bed, but if I add l-glutamine to that as well, will it prevent my body from going into a catabolic state even more?

thanks
    Maybe SLIGHTLY...there will be no major difference. There are a lot of mixed reviews on this board in relation to glutamine.

I think its borderline worthless.

dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WanTanSoup

thanks
    From what I have learned on this board from very knowledgable members, is that BCAA's (Branch-Chained Amino Acids) before bed is great becasue the body continuously uses them throughout the night and thus prevents the catabolic state moreso. I take a few grams of BCAA's before bed, but I am sure many people take even more than I do.
    I was very fortunate to live in this time when bodybuilding was embraced by Hollywood, embraced by doctors, embraced by the world.
    -Joe Gold

I say we get that embracement back!

vitashoppe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just to let you know that recovery effects due to l-glutamine is really only attained when no food is present in your stomach that includes a protein shake not to mention there is only 3 times i would take l-glutamine, morning, pre-workout, and bedtime.

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by vitashoppe
    just to let you know that recovery effects due to l-glutamine is really only attained when no food is present in your stomach that includes a protein shake not to mention there is only 3 times i would take l-glutamine, morning, pre-workout, and bedtime.
    Yup, I do the same thing on an empty stomach. Only when cutting though, to try and retain as much muscle as possible. Otherwise I get enough food to take care of that.

maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Originally Posted by IRONMANN1
    Maybe SLIGHTLY...there will be no major difference. There are a lot of mixed reviews on this board in relation to glutamine.

I think its borderline worthless.
    right... coming from someone who relies upon phera for gains