Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Cr33pin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just picked some of this up from wally world i have never used creatine before an havent really worked out an stuck with it before but im about ready. so my question is should i take it before i work out or after i work out like the directions say?

ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cr33pin View Post
    i just picked some of this up from wally world i have never used creatine before an havent really worked out an stuck with it before but im about ready. so my question is should i take it before i work out or after i work out like the directions say?

Use it directly after and follow with protein 30 minutes later!

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can mix it with the protein. If you worry about taste you may want vanilla protein though.

Sometimes chocolate and fruit punch are yucky together.

Cr33pin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HOLLY COW! i jus opened it up to take some an the container isnt even half way full ha they make it look like theres plenty in there with a big half empty container.... oh well i'll start taking after work outs thanks
    i kind of feel the burn some people were talkin about on here (no not the burn when i pee thats diffrent) ha jus playin
    Last edited by Cr33pin; 11-05-2008 at 02:08 PM.

-Rhoads- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to bring back this semi-old thread, but I have a few questions. I don't have a credit card/pay pal to order stuff online, and the nearest GNC is 40+ minutes away (I cant' get a ride up that far).

I'm going to Wal-Mart (Yes, cheap supplements hahah). They have three different types of creatine:
    SixStar: Nitric Oxide Overdrive (Powder or Pill) : $15-20 (Estimate)
    Weider Creatine (Pill) : $8-10 (Estimate)
    Body Fortress : 100% Pure Creatine (Powder) : $10-15 (Estimate)

Out of these three, which produces the best results? If they aren't steady products, than I'd rather hold out and use that money towards a more useful product.

-Thanks
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 138 lbs

Short-term Goal: Reach 140 lbs by Christmas.
    Long-term Goal: Reach 180 lbs by September, 2009.

jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50) jerry. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    40gs of empty carbs... Not bad if you use it post workout.

But id prefer something like Universal Storm, CL Green Mag over this anyday.
    ***Transformation Thread*** http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=148554381&posted=1#post148554381

***Finished Review*** Hyperdrol X2/ MassFX
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5319863

"Light days? Isn't that a tampon or something."

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -Rhoads- View Post
    Sorry to bring back this semi-old thread, but I have a few questions. I don't have a credit card/pay pal to order stuff online, and the nearest GNC is 40+ minutes away (I cant' get a ride up that far).

I'm going to Wal-Mart (Yes, cheap supplements hahah). They have three different types of creatine:
    SixStar: Nitric Oxide Overdrive (Powder or Pill) : $15-20 (Estimate)
    Weider Creatine (Pill) : $8-10 (Estimate)
    Body Fortress : 100% Pure Creatine (Powder) : $10-15 (Estimate)

Out of these three, which produces the best results? If they aren't steady products, than I'd rather hold out and use that money towards a more useful product.

-Thanks
    Of the three, Body Fortress.

Like Jerry said, use it post workout. Go ahead and mix it with the PWO protein shake.

For what it's worth. and in the interest of full disclosure, I've been using BF creatine and whey myself the past few months....I'm happy with it.

68mush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Six Star Creatine Pills?

Hey everyone!!
    I will be turning 18.. just want to start working out to gain weight and muscle..

I bought the six star creatine pills... 60 caplets..

can anyone tell me the difference between the pills and powder?

and any advice with weight training or products will really help me start out!

thanks!
    Last edited by 68mush; 12-14-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Originally Posted by 68mush View Post
    I bought the six star creatine pills... 60 caplets..
    can anyone tell me the difference between the pills and powder?
    The powder

The pills

IMHO....the pills would be more of a preworkout, the powder I would use post workout along with my protein shake.

The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Might as well post since this thread was brought back..I have tried Size-on after using six-star, and i must say size on blows it away. Those looking to get "FAST" gains, try it out, guaranteed you will see results in the first week

rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rasman102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking hmmm...

As for the burning...i've never noticed it, but yea it would be the ala most-likely. As for quality...its still a muscle-tech sister product, but its not over-hyped or priced. It tastes like kool-aid to me.

My workout routine is 2 days on and 1 or 2 off, depending on my schedule. On day one I take size-on intra-workout, second day Six Star intra-, not pre- or post-. On off days I take a serving of six star mid-day, just to keep stores up. This is keeping my wallet intact and giving me phenomenal strength and size...works for me. As for loading and taking pills...have fun with that. IMO all that does is make it a major task to stay hydrated.

At my job people always come in bitching they feel weaker taking pills. Nine times out of ten its because they are dumb and think 8 oz is a sufficient amount of water to mix powder or take pills with. Its creatine, it likes water dumbasses. haha

ps: animal...yea size-on is an amazing product
    Last edited by rasman102; 02-13-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: forgot something
    don't work at Vitamin Shoppe!!! you'll never make it out with a paycheck

friends don't let friends buy MuscleTech

and Semper Fidelis brothers

The_Rabbi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I picked up a tub of Six Star not too long ago. Been on it for about 7-8 days, now, and have seen substantial weight gain. I was around 195 lbs when I started in, and am now tipping the scales at about 201-203 lbs. This is my first time using Creatine, so I'm just wondering if this is normal, because I'm also seeing the weight gain in my face, stomach, etc. Again, this is my first time using Creatine, so I'm not exactly certain if this is the norm... I expected some weight gain, but from 195 to nearly 203 in just over a week? Is this normal, or what? I've only ever gone with the protein shakes, so needless to say, I'm not used to so much gain, so quickly. I'm liking that I have increased energy during my workouts, but I'm not going to stick with this stuff if I end up looking like The Blob. Friends have been telling me I'm getting 'fat,' haha. I know the deal about water retention... just wanting to make certain that I'm experiencing the norm.
    Last edited by The_Rabbi; 02-13-2009 at 07:50 PM.

mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mwall has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Used Six Star for a bit. It just made me put on a lot of water mass, didn't really help me train. I've stopped taking it, and I lost about 8lbs within a week of not drinking it. I wish I had a picture of my body when I was drinking it, I was definitely a lot bigger but I knew I was just playin myself.
    I know, I'm still pretty small, but its gettin there.

Underweight19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smssambear19 View Post
    Hey bud, chill out on the long workouts. Your doing more damage to yourself than good. It is pointless to workout more than 1 hour to an hour and a half because after that your growth hormone stops secreting and than anything after that is overkill and you are overtraining, and more than likely you could cause some serious injuries. Take your time and isolate your sets more doing a different body part each day. For example, Chest on Mondays, Back on Tuesdays and so on. You will not see results from any product if you overtrain. What you are doing is draining your body of too many nutrients and then it makes it near impossible for you to grow. Here's an idea....try to doing a least 4-5 sets for each workout on the body part your doing on any given day. Note: You should have at least 3-5 different workouts for each bodypart....Try this idea and then in about a month let everyone know if this has worked out for ya.
    Hey I have a ?. I dont have too much time for working out but im trying my best. I just started using six star NO FURY pre workout and six star Creatine post workout and I have been hitting up the gym tue wed thur and fri for 1.5 hrs but I do a complete body workout since I am limited on time and all. I was curious if I will be able to actually gain muscle at a good rate by doing this. I am tall and lengthy so its hard for me to gain noticeable muscle.
    Last edited by Underweight19; 03-18-2009 at 01:04 PM.

EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) EC_Muscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    hmmm...good review
    MUST GET SWOLE

***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112656931 <<<workout journal (post in it for greenz)

"The best style, is no style" Bruce Lee

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is your body" Stan McQuay

read it, post,question, etc. ^^

FootballBC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Six Star Creatine

I have now been using Six Star for about 2 months and I have found I get better results with it than anything else I have tried. I live in Saskatchewan and we pay 24$ here at the wal-mart and the fruit punch yes could be better tasting but it does the job

Originally Posted by Underweight19 View Post
    I have been hitting up the gym tue wed thur and fri for 1.5 hrs but I do a complete body workout since I am limited on time and all. I was curious if I will be able to actually gain muscle at a good rate by doing this. I am tall and lengthy so its hard for me to gain noticeable muscle.
    Your overtraining. Being lanky your going to have a had time anyway, but going 4 days straight AND hitting the whole body AND working out 1 1/2 hours is just too much and you'll have a hard time recovering. You may think about splitting it upper body Tues, lower Weds, upper Thurs, lower Fri at the very least.

Plus if your underweight you need to eat like a starving horse....cleaner foods of usually, but if you have a natuatally revved metabolism you may be able to get away with dirty food (even though your heart may hate you for it later!)
    * anatolian shepherd crew *

biggains101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    No. There is no need to load creatine...your creatine stores fill up in a week or two anyway. When your full, your full. The whole load thing was from the companies to get people to use more and thus buy more.

As far as Six Star burning...I have suspected it contains ALA for awhile even though it's not listed on ingredients.
    so this stuff really works ??? how about the six star drenalin does this stuff work ?

Originally Posted by biggains101 View Post
    so this stuff really works ??? how about the six star drenalin does this stuff work ?
    I only tried it once, it's a scaled back version of Muscle Asylum "Arson" though.

43ANDFIT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Never Too Late

I'm 43 years old, 163 lbs., never work out and have no muscle. I was worried about being fit and heard of Six Star Creatine. I started using it on April 22nd. 2009, with 20-30 minutes of weights per day and 9 days later I have seen nice results. This product is wonderful and does what it says.

captawesom3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello guys im new to this, and i just bought the six star creatine.. um it sys that there is 42grams of sugar.. and was wondering isnt that alot of sugar to be taking? especially within the first 5 days it tells you to take double the amount after a workout.. so that makes 84grams of sugar.. isnt that a rediculous high amount of sugar? i know it syas that it is HPLC certified dextrose.. but what is that? thanks

Originally Posted by captawesom3 View Post
    hello guys im new to this, and i just bought the six star creatine.. um it sys that there is 42grams of sugar.. and was wondering isnt that alot of sugar to be taking? especially within the first 5 days it tells you to take double the amount after a workout.. so that makes 84grams of sugar.. isnt that a rediculous high amount of sugar? i know it syas that it is HPLC certified dextrose.. but what is that? thanks
    Loading (taking twice a day for 5 days) isn't necessary. You're creatine stores will be full in about 2 weeks if you do it or not.

Just take it once a day after workout. After you workout your glucogen levels will be low so you should be able to handle the 42 grams sugar at that point no problem. Just mix with your protein shake and get on with your bad self! The detrose is a corn sugar used to spike insulin to halt catabolism and help drive the protein/creatine/nutrients into the muscles (oversimplified version).

Yaner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FaceThePain View Post
    Ok, I keep seeing people say Six Star Hardcore Creatine is $23, 25, etc.
    No it is NOT.

Go to Wally World, EVERY podunk town across America has one, and you get 2 lbs, for $15.
    Or, you can get Body Fortress Creatine, 5lbs, for $12.

Neither are $23, 24, 25, at Wally World.

Both pretty much work the same, Six Star products are pretty underrated, and cheap as can be.
    Can u buy that from the Internet...i need some and im buying at wal-mart in canada for 25 so i would like u guys to give me a site where maybe i can buy there or is wally mart only in U.S.A??

250lb.beast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

all wrong

Originally Posted by Mad Daego View Post
    I'm on my 4th or 5th tub of cellmass and the truth is I'm not seeing the gains I'd hoped for. This is the only creatine I've ever tried and I work out really hard 4 nights each week, about 2.5 hours each night, and have done so for 2 straight years. All of the articles I read only talk about the effectiveness of creatine monohydrate rather than the methyl esther (or whatever cellmass is, I don't want to get up and look). I take it right after waorkout and then again before bed. Protein isn't the issue either, I don't know what to try anymore. Tribulus isn't making a difference either.
    hey man i hate it when those creatine companies say to take it after a workout because it's a bunch of crap! what is your body using while you are working out? nothing! i wrestle and my coach is also a biology teacher and he said to take it about a half hour before your workout so it has a chance to get through your system so during your workout your body is using it. if you don't workout extremely hard and you just maintain lift instead of lifting to get stronger or bigger than your creatine is pretty much just going to waste. when taking creatine keep in mind that you constantly have to be hydrated. and don't take creatine all the time. take it in cycles. like for example take it for 3 or 4 months and then don't take anything (except maybe protien) for about a month. and the thing you should be taking after your workout is protien and glutamien to eat up the lactic acid so you're not sore the next day. hey i hope this helps.

250lb.beast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey!

Originally Posted by captawesom3 View Post
    hey a lot of those companies say you should take double the amount for the fisrt couple of days. that's called loading and it's not nessecary at all. i think the only reason they say that is so you can run out of a lot faster so you have to buy more.

Originally Posted by 250lb.beast View Post
    what is your body using while you are working out? nothing! i wrestle and my coach is also a biology teacher and he said to take it about a half hour before your workout so it has a chance to get through your system so during your workout your body is using it. if you don't workout extremely hard and you just maintain lift instead of lifting to get stronger or bigger than your creatine is pretty much just going to waste. when taking creatine keep in mind that you constantly have to be hydrated. and don't take creatine all the time. take it in cycles. like for example take it for 3 or 4 months and then don't take anything (except maybe protien) for about a month.
    If this gentleman is teaching biology and reflects the standards being instructed then I can see why the education system in the US has such a bad reputation.

He shouldn't feel bad though, I spoke to a doctor yesterday that was extremely ignorant.

lmatos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question, please reply

I'm going to try the 6* creatine to try to gain some muscle because I'm tired of going to the gym and seeing NO results. I just want to make sure I use it right. I bought the pills, and its says take 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Now this might be a stupid question, but is that assuming that you are going to be working out sometime in between those two intakes? Is that how it works?

brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lmatos View Post
    I'm going to try the 6* creatine to try to gain some muscle because I'm tired of going to the gym and seeing NO results. I just want to make sure I use it right. I bought the pills, and its says take 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Now this might be a stupid question, but is that assuming that you are going to be working out sometime in between those two intakes? Is that how it works?
    How many grams are in each serving? You only need like 5-10 grams a day. Most people prefer to take creatine immediately after their workout. That's when your creatine stores are most depleted.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Chew Crew.

If there's one thing I hate in this life, it's losing. If there's two things I hate, it's losing and getting cancer.

lmatos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by brandon92 View Post
    How many grams are in each serving? You only need like 5-10 grams a day. Most people prefer to take creatine immediately after their workout. That's when your creatine stores are most depleted.
    It would be 2.5g for ech serving. So creatin is depleted more after a workout, so i should probably take it after? Don't u think it would be more beneficial to take it before a workout so that your creatin levels will be higher and with that you won't lose as much after your workout? does that make sense. Are you only supposed to take it on days that you go workout?

CytoDude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im gonna tell you guys a little secret. well its undoubted that CellTech gives you massive gains, but if you look at the ingredients, theres 200g of creatine in a 1000g tub. so whats the other 800g of product? dextrose sugar. the reason it gives you such signifiant gains is because of the insulin spike you get from all that added sugar. so what you can do is buy a 32 oz tub of creatine monohydrate for like 25 bucks, then go to the healthfood store and puck up a 2lb bag of dextrose. then just mix in the dextrose with the creatine and VIOLA!!! 4lbs of homemade celltech for only 30 bucks. and you need alot less of it as well. only about 2 tsp will give you 5g of creatine instead of a heaping scoop