Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OneBetter View Post
    it's $20 online. where'd you get it for $11.

anyway, 6g of creatine per serving with only 16 servings isnt that good. i'll take bulk monohydrate over MT's little brother anyday.
    same here. You can get some cheap micronized creatine here on bb.com that has more servings and you can just mix it with some gatorade powder or what have you.

Originally Posted by kylejones45 View Post
    Underrated, possibly, but everyone take in consideration that the CHEAP Creatine your buying, like Six Star for example, has 40g of Sugar Per Serving! I suggest staying away from it, but I guess if your broke, Wally World is the place to be! Like FaceThePain said, its about $15!
    Spiking insulin is perfectly fine postworkout and in fact aids muscular gains.
    Originally Posted by RabidWolfe View Post
    Six Star Advanced Creatine is alright (especially given the low price at Wal-mart) but it has way too much sugar.

I understand the need for an insulin spike, but I felt like I was going into insulin shock everytime I used it. I could have gotten the same feeling from chugging straight granulated sugar.

I now use Jarrow Creatine Surge - only a bit more expensive and with less sugar (but still enough for an insulin spike).
    intersting. I always found that spiking insulin/eating something sugary postworkout made me feel much better. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

brahim stewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can u take this six star stuff before a work out too?

would it be too much creatine to take the six star stuff before a work out too( i know the bottle says after).

JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000) JCAZ2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kylejones45 View Post
    could be the overwhelming amount of sugar in it...
    You do realize that the sugar is from dextrose right? It's no different than mixing creatine mono with gatorade powder or grape juice. It's not corn syrup or something, it's dextrose.

But anyways, no this stuff is not that great of a deal. Get grean mag or storm for 40$, they will last you a long time with 80 servings, and they're a lot better quality.
    Activate Xtreme/Sizeon Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109543121

X-Factor/DCP Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108280551

Superpump/Sizeon Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6153361

Activate Xtreme Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3826891

Blue Rasberry Ragnarok Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3146231

mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000) mudbug45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by atl_thug_69 View Post
    You do realize that the sugar is from dextrose right? It's no different than mixing creatine mono with gatorade powder or grape juice. It's not corn syrup or something, it's dextrose.

But anyways, no this stuff is not that great of a deal. Get grean mag or storm for 40$, they will last you a long time with 80 servings, and they're a lot better quality.
    Very true... Universal Storm is about 28 bucks by the way, I enjoyed it a lot and have been on Green MAG and loved it as well! Too solid creatines right there!

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Six Star's stuff has been decent that I've tried. Their chocolate whey tastes pretty good. The creatine is alright but the taste is pretty crappy, and it burnt really bad. Not "burn" like orange juice, I mean this **** lit me up. It's good for the price though.

income911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am using Six Star Professional Strength Creatine (pill form), and have been using it for 4, now 5 days. I doesn't tell you to do a loading phase. It just says on the directions "take one serving (2 capsules) in the morning and another in the afternoon. For best results, take in conjunction with weighttraining." Should I have done a loading phase? 2 servings a day is 5 grams of creatine.

Men Lie,Women Lie,#s dont PumpAndGrow's Avatar
    PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000) PumpAndGrow is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HulkHagen View Post
    Six Star's stuff has been decent that I've tried. Their chocolate whey tastes pretty good. The creatine is alright but the taste is pretty crappy, and it burnt really bad. Not "burn" like orange juice, I mean this **** lit me up. It's good for the price though.
    burns me too
    ║✭✭✭✭✭✭✭▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ║✭✭✭✭✭✭✭▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ║✭✭✭✭✭✭✭▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ║▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ║▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ║▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Los Angeles Misc Crew
    Quad Lingual Crew
    CEO Crew

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by income911 View Post
    I am using Six Star Professional Strength Creatine (pill form), and have been using it for 4, now 5 days. I doesn't tell you to do a loading phase. It just says on the directions "take one serving (2 capsules) in the morning and another in the afternoon. For best results, take in conjunction with weighttraining." Should I have done a loading phase? 2 servings a day is 5 grams of creatine.
    No. There is no need to load creatine...your creatine stores fill up in a week or two anyway. When your full, your full. The whole load thing was from the companies to get people to use more and thus buy more.

As far as Six Star burning...I have suspected it contains ALA for awhile even though it's not listed on ingredients.

income911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cycle

Well then, should I cycle it? Like use it for a month, and then don't use it for a month, and then repeat it? or what?

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe.

The idea behind cylcling is if you supplement enough the body will stop making it itself. Creatine is naturally produced by the body therefore....

But I don't think there's ever been a study about "creatine shutdown"

I do know some guys do roughly 2 months on followed by 2-4 weeks off though.

I don't follow a routine at the moment. I take or not by feel. Currently I'm "off" creatine and may do some in 2-3 weeks.

bseymour217 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question i just started today

i just started today im just trying to bulk up for hockey season so ill make varsity. i am 14 so hoping it will give me a good 10-20 pounds after about 8-10 weeks or so...i was just wondering if your work on your abs if it will increase those muscles faster...?

Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clarko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bseymour217 View Post
    i just started today im just trying to bulk up for hockey season so ill make varsity. i am 14 so hoping it will give me a good 10-20 pounds after about 8-10 weeks or so...i was just wondering if your work on your abs if it will increase those muscles faster...?
    Man, I wish my school had hockey. Anyways, yes your abs will grow too. THey are no different than your other muscles. However, "abs" are mostly from fat loss.

laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000) laserjetx is just really nice. (+1000)
    would the creatine still work to full potential if i took it before the workout, and then protein after??

i just bought some today, and i am very curious because if it wont be as good as using it after i will have to buy another brand...

thanks

chipsdubbo89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chipsdubbo89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chipsdubbo89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Did you fallow the directions on the bottle that says to take it after you work out, or did you take it before, as with most creatine supplements? Also, would you recomend taking a protein shake right after you workout as well as the creatine?

I think the theory of pre-workout creatine is based on its used during the Kreb's cycle thus allowing for more contractive energy during a workout.

The theory for post-workout is that the dextrose (that its usually mixed with) causes a insulin spike and in turn helps drive the creatine into the muscle to be used as well as helping draw water into the muscle (like a water balloon).

Pre or post...the choice is yours....I prefer post.

Taking protein and creatine after workout is fine. Just mix the 6* protein (or whatever your brand) and creatine and mix in a blender. I did it more times than I can remember.

johnson71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a couple years ago i was on six star creatine, and i just decided to go back on it
    when i was on it before i was told to take a serving before and after the workout for the first week, then after just to take it before the workout. and thats also what it said on the tub.
    but now im on it again the tub just says to take it after the workout. any difference if i take it before? because when i used to take it, i noticed change in weight and muscle size pretty quick, like a week or two.
    but now im wondering if im doing it wrong, because i havent noticed any size changes and my weight is relatively the same.
    comments/suggestions?

nickypeeks has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i took six star creatine for about a week and it diddnt seem like it was doing anything =[ plus it tastes terrible nd burns my throat. i still have a unopend tub of it

BluePass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluePass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BluePass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, I agree with nickypeeks regarding it burning your throat. I wouldn't quite call it burning your throat but it definitely makes it feel weird. I would say it feels like you have 100 tiny needles poking you in the back of your throat continuously for a bit after you drink it.

As for the effects, I've been having fairly good results from it back when I was able to take it regularly. I've always had explosive workouts when on it. However, I've been on the Anabolic Diet for a while and due to the high amount of carbs in it, I can't have it during the weekdays. I am taking it in the weekends now to empty the tub, but I will go for pure monohydrate next time -- possibly ON.
    Dr. Mauro DiPasquale's "The Anabolic Diet":
    http://rapidshare.com/files/115973036/Anabolic_Diet.pdf.html

Originally Posted by BluePass View Post
    First of all, I agree with nickypeeks regarding it burning your throat. I wouldn't quite call it burning your throat but it definitely makes it feel weird. I would say it feels like you have 100 tiny needles poking you in the back of your throat continuously for a bit after you drink it.
    That's the Alpha Lipoic Acid. It's used to increase insulin response...actually it's used in some places in Europe to treat diabetes.

It's also an antioxident.

articoli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mad Daego View Post
    I'm on my 4th or 5th tub of cellmass and the truth is I'm not seeing the gains I'd hoped for. This is the only creatine I've ever tried and I work out really hard 4 nights each week, about 2.5 hours each night, and have done so for 2 straight years. All of the articles I read only talk about the effectiveness of creatine monohydrate rather than the methyl esther (or whatever cellmass is, I don't want to get up and look). I take it right after waorkout and then again before bed. Protein isn't the issue either, I don't know what to try anymore. Tribulus isn't making a difference either.

Way overtraining. You shouldn't work out 4 nights/week and for sure not for 2.5 hours. That's why you're not seeing gains. Try 3 or even 2 times per week using heavy compound movements like benches (or dips), squats and deadlifts. You can even throw in some curls if you like. Don't exceed 2 or 3 sets of each and don't go for more than an hour. I'll bet you'll see gains very quickly. I use this method only once every 4-5 days (with Creatine) and have packed it on.

Originally Posted by thedisneydad View Post
    This was the first creatine I used. I stopped using it because of the sugar. I might as well have been mixing bulk mono with a coca cola then chasing it with a doctor pepper. Plus it kinda tasted like...well, you know that smell when you open a box of new shoes...like that. Yucky stuff.

But, if the sugars don't bug you, and you can deal with the taste, then it is definitely a very economical way to go.

from the bb.com page that sells it:

What's In It?

Serving Size: 1 Rounded Scoop (56g)
    Servings Per Container: 16

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 170
    Total Carbohydrates 43g 14%
    Sugars 40g
    Phosphorus 45mg 5%
    Magnesium 10mg 3%
    Sodium 3%
    Potassium 1%

ProGain: 6g
    Creatine monohydrates, creatine citrate, creatine pyruvate

Rush: 2.1g
    Taurine, E,8-thiotic acid, l-glutamine, l-glycine, l-isoleucine, l-leucine, l-valine.

Other Ingredients:
    Dextrose, natural and artificial flavors, citric acd, calcium silicate, gum blend, fd&c red no. 40, sucralose, acesulfame potassium.

Directions: Take 1 serving immediately after you exercise. If you are not exercising on that day, have your serving in the morning when you wake up.
    It also seems to me, that at only 16 servings per bottle, 6 star isn't really a bargain. The stuff I buy costs $29.00, but it lasts about 3 months at 5-6 grams/per day. At, say, an average of $14.00 for 6-star with only 16 servings, you're looking at $78.75 for 3 months. I saw it today in a supermarket. The huge bottle sure was impressive, but if you do the math....

brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000) brandon92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Body Fortress... I hate to change the subject but I was on Body Fortress Creatine for a few weeks about a year back and never saw anything near impressive gains. I didn't have a great diet back then, but still, I saw about the same results working out before and during using the BF creatine. Awhile back I used some weider creatine capsules and saw some decent improvements (even though i was taking less than the normal dosage).

Anyone else use/using Body Fortress?

BTW, now I'm taking Cell-tech (as of yesterday) and 6star whey( for awhile).

I currently take BF Creatine and Whey. I was taking the BCAA and NO, but they're not available where I buy it anymore.

Objective Analysis of Creatine

It would be nice to Google creatine and not be faced with dozens of sites all of which are either selling creatine directly or are bodybuilding sites that have creatine ads somewhere or testimony not based on any objective studies. In other words, objective, reputable, scientific studies that give us the unbiased bottom line on creatine's effectiveness.

Originally Posted by articoli View Post
    It would be nice to Google creatine and not be faced with dozens of sites all of which are either selling creatine directly or are bodybuilding sites that have creatine ads somewhere or testimony not based on any objective studies. In other words, objective, reputable, scientific studies that give us the unbiased bottom line on creatine's effectiveness.
    Look up creatine monohydrate (ethyl ester,or whatever) here.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIG CHUCKY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My Wife Thought I Was Freaking Nuts When I Told Her The Stuff(fruit Punch Creatine ) Burnt The Hell Outta Me Going Down. At Least Now I Know Its Not Me
    getting ready for some serious changes. goal date 11/01/2009, lets see where it goes! <BIG CHUCKY>

blizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, does anyone have any experience/advice using this creatine product as a pre-work out supplement? I work out in the evenings and have a hard time falling asleep after using this product post work out.

Just wondering why bottle says to take afterwards when everyone I've spoken to says to take it before.

Thanks in advance,

Blair

About 1/2 hout to 45 minutes before.

Why does the creatine keep you from sleeping?

blizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont know that was the first time i took it and i felt restless lying in bed. Maybe because i'm not used to consuming that much sugar right before i fall asleep.

CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    burned goin down, n had awkward string **** at the bottom, no thx 6star
    "This is what Mr.Olympia does on his spare time... picks up dog crap" - Jay Cutler