Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Exclamation Gatorade is Bullsh*t!!!!

What you get in a 20 oz gatorade:

Water
    180 Calories
    200 mg of Sodium
    42g of sugar
    120 mg of pottasium

What you get in an infinate amount of Water + a teaspoon of Salt + one Banana
    Water
    80 Calories
    200 mg of Sodium
    15.4g of sugar
    451 mg of pottasium

Which do you think is better for you? Your body won't need to replenish the sugars FYI.

As I said already, unless you're doing athletics long term (4-5+ hours) there's no point in drinking Gatorade. Save that for the professionals.

Not only is the latter option healthier, it's about 10X cheaper!!!

JoshGoins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    too much sugar. I use pedialyte if I get too dehydrated. easier on the stomach.

Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ryan1411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    me like gatorade
    16 y/o. 6'1". 154lbs.
    Nov 09/all x1
    Bench 165, Squat 240, Deadlift 210, Power Clean 175
    Goal by May 07/all x10
    Bench 210lb+, Squat 260+, Deadlift 250+, Power Clean 200(x5)

BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's ok PWO, but any other time, I agree with you. Even in general excercise and sports, which Gatorade is heavily advertised for, I believe there are much better alternatives out there.

Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie Brown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Troutwine
    What you get in a 20 oz gatorade:

Water
    180 Calories
    200 mg of Sodium
    42g of sugar
    120 mg of pottasium

What you get in an infinate amount of Water + a teaspoon of Salt + one Banana
    Water
    80 Calories
    200 mg of Sodium
    15.4g of sugar
    451 mg of pottasium

Which do you think is better for you? Your body won't need to replenish the sugars FYI.

As I said already, unless you're doing athletics long term (4-5+ hours) there's no point in drinking Gatorade. Save that for the professionals.

Not only is the latter option healthier, it's about 10X cheaper!!!
    WOW I never knew this. The whole time I thought gatorade was basiccally a protein shake and super healthy for me.

Good thing I dont know how to read labels or use common sense. Thanks man!!

aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) aquanutz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I used to drink gatorade as if it was water in my early years here at college... now I just drink water as if it were water... (heh) Although tonight Meijers had 2-liter of Coke on sale for 99cents... I cracked and bought two. I haven't had a Coke in I don't know how long but I love the stuff.
    <!-- Insert witty Sig here -->

DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50) DWhealthy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i drink about 1cup of gatorade just to mix with HP creatine esther PostWO....other than that...just regular water. Sometimes water w/ xtend.

devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devilzfan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigPappaSmurf
    It's ok PWO, but any other time, I agree with you. Even in general excercise and sports, which Gatorade is heavily advertised for, I believe there are much better alternatives out there.
    Care to share those alternatives?

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is why there is CYTOMAX Delicious, available in three different flavors.....low sugar, and I believe it contains some aminos too. Only problem is that only a few supermarkets(Albertsons) actually carry it.
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

An obvious example of New Math.
    "It was a 2% tax hike, dumbass. From 3% to 5%"-NRKF84

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    water #1

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I grabbed a Gatorade the other night after my workout on the way to work and it was quite refreshing! I know I would have been better off with a big ol jug of water (and crowbar? ) but I hadn't had a Gatorade in a long time...tasty!

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ElMariachi
    That is why there is CYTOMAX Delicious, available in three different flavors.....low sugar, and I believe it contains some aminos too. Only problem is that only a few supermarkets(Albertsons) actually carry it.
    Cytomax is expensive though.

Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubër-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JoshGoins
    too much sugar. I use pedialyte if I get too dehydrated. easier on the stomach.
    Yea Pedialite is the same thing as gatorade excpet no sugar in it. Its good to have during your workout and if you dont want an insulin spike. Gatorade PWO is totally fine i believe.
    The desire to attain "perfection" is a mental poison. Perfection is a fictitious concept, there is only improvement. Therein lies the challenge, therein lies the fun.

Obsession is the word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED

Commitment isn't the time you spend, It's the line you cross.

I live in the shadow, in the darkness, in a place few will ever see.....Where ugliness becomes beautiful.

brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brainrhodes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I want to try the new powerade option water with only like 20 calories.

ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Man, I had to buy some Pedialyte for my daugher a few weeks ago when she was sick. I paid like $6 for four 8oz bottles!

ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElMariachi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
    Cytomax is expensive though.

Hell no Its almost the same price as Gatorade. I get my Cytomax for $1.25 a bottle(32 ounces)
    Russell Wilson, the first QB in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception.

"So you got fired again eh?" "Yeah, they always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident."

Spiders are like offensive linemen, the best ones do their job and you never notice them.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    No ****. I've never gotten the Gateorade obsession either. You forgot to list the ingredients, probably no high fructose corn syrup but still wtf.

At least with a bananna you get a ton of other good things with it besides just the potassium.

For salt though sea salt is supposed to be more natural and have a lot of minerals.

Many people don't know that for a long time, Gatorade, both the powder and RTD versions, had trans fats in them

The Strawberry Kiwi especially, had partially hydrogenated soybean oil when it
    first came out

high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) high3465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FunkDaddy
    I grabbed a Gatorade the other night after my workout on the way to work and it was quite refreshing! I know I would have been better off with a big ol jug of water (and crowbar? ) but I hadn't had a Gatorade in a long time...tasty!
    I go with powerade my self the orange is so refreshing.

punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) punkguy424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can't be THAT bad for you. all major athletes drink gatorade when on the bench. i'm sure their trainers wouldn't give them total crap.

but i agree it is a bit much sugar.

Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gewwy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Actually Gatorade is good for you immediately before, during, and immediately after any physical activity... well, only if you like fast recoveries and energy.
    A calorie is not a calorie.

bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000) bigmike13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    dilute it 50% with water, and still I only use it if I am riding/running longer than 2 hours. and buying it in power form is easier to mix and cheaper.
    Post up and get to it!

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It amuses me to watch people drink it like it was water...in class, with dinner, basically any other time than for which it's intended.

Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Gewwy
    Actually Gatorade is good for you immediately before, during, and immediately after any physical activity... well, only if you like fast recoveries and energy.
    yes this is true...

but a banana + salt + water = 10X better, and 10X cheaper

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Troutwine
    yes this is true...

but a banana + salt + water = 10X better, and 10X cheaper
    But you can't get a banana + salt + water in flavors like MIDNIGHT ENERGY RAIN BLAST ICEBERG FREEZE!

Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Makoa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You forgot to mention all of that delicious artificial food coloring! Gatorade is a kiddie drink compared to some others out there.

Options? Cytomax, Exceed, Heed, Conquest, Endurox, Accelerade, PowerBar Endurance, Gu2o, and so on. All of these are more scientifically forumlated to promote endurance. Heck, sweet tea with a pinch of salt is better for you than gatorade.

Here's a link to a site that compares brands, and gives advice as to which are good for pre, during, and post workout.

http://www.trisports.com/drinks.html

Happy drinking!

dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dayzend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow imagine that gatorade trying to make money over perfect nutrition! duh.

UF has to make their $$$ some how, what do you expect from anything store bought

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ElMariachi
    Many people don't know that for a long time, Gatorade, both the powder and RTD versions, had trans fats in them
    Water and fat dont mix.

(translation: you are talking BS)

Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Achilles_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by FunkDaddy
    But you can't get a banana + salt + water in flavors like MIDNIGHT ENERGY RAIN BLAST ICEBERG FREEZE!

LOL what can I say I love Jagged Ice!

Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Struct09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GregT
    Water and fat dont mix.

(translation: you are talking BS)
    He wasn't making it up:

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/gatorade/03808/

Ingredients: Sucrose, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 40, Partially Hydrogenated Coconut Oil