Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Being a better DE on a bad team.*REPS*

OK,Well today was our first JV game of the year and we got SMACKED.The other team beat us 50 to 0;( .I play Devensive End i was in the whole game except for half of a quater.And it seemed like every play i couldent make a play.I was pissed for 2 reasons 1 the team did bad and 2 i did bad so what i can i do to improve as a DE.Also the team was a AA team and our team is only A team so the team we versed is supposly the best team we will vs.(I no its only one game and 7 are left but i still want to inmpove for next week)
    I also tried looking on google but i couldent realy find any think so if some one can help me i
    would really appricate it.(I want to aim for about a sack a game and a few tackles)

Team: JV
    Grade:Freshmen
    Height:5'9
    Weight:175
    Bench max:135

So if some one can help me i would really apprecate it.Also i will give out reps for whoever helps me.

Thanks

-Tough
    Last edited by I Tough I; 09-16-2006 at 12:48 PM.

DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man, that sucks.

We played some team and SMACKED them. We beat the other team 50 - 0. The team did really bad. Especially the defensive end, he just couldn't make a play. He really needs to improve.

HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DangerDan
    Man, that sucks.

We played some team and SMACKED them. We beat the other team 50 - 0. The team did really bad. Especially the defensive end, he just couldn't make a play. He really needs to improve.
    lol...one problem..look at yalls locations..

I tough I..what kinda DE do youplay? 4-3, 3-4, 5-2, Split...etc..there's tons of defensive schemes that might effect how you're supposed to play..
    Don't think about how weak you are ... think of how strong you're going to be.

-SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah man what kind of defense do y'all run? I played DE my freshman year and started as a sophomore....really an important thing to do as a DE is to CONTAIN the QB and RB's. That means don't get reached by the tight end because if you do...that opens up huge holes for the RB's to run through....if the tight end down-blocks your eyes you should go straight into the backfield looking for the ball/a guard pulling.Most of the time they are going to try to trap the DE...or at least all the offenses around here do. So basically...here is my suggestion on what I did when I played DE...

1. Read the TE
    2. If he tries to reach you, do whatever you can to not let it happen...as in get on his outside shoulder and into the backfield and then look for the ball. If he down-blocks look for guards pulling/whoever has the ball.

Thats for a strong-side DE...weak side isn't too much different just you don't normally have a Tight end...you might have a wing-back though...just read what he does, if he goes out for a pass give him a good lick to knock him off balance unless you are told otherwise by your coaches.

I can't really tell you anything for pass rushing except work on your swim and rip moves/whatever else your coaches teach you....

Good luck this season man peace!

--J.T.--
    "Courage without a conscience is a wild beast."-Robert G. Ingersoll

Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tough92 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    we run a 4-3 and im strong side DE.Also i realy dont get blocked by the TE just the tackle or rb.

MattDurant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattDurant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a DE/OLB on my team.....One major thing some new players do......If you make the wrong read or do the wrong thing....do it at 100% speed NEVER stop and stand there
    Age - 15
    Weight - 147
    Height - 5'9
    Body fat - 8.5%
    ----------------------------------------
    Exp - little, only from school and football.
    Goals - Build muscle and strength for football.
    ---------------------------------------
    Max's as of 4 months ago(last max'd)
    Squat - 245
    Bench - 195
    Power clean - 155
    Incline - 135
    ------------------------------------------
    Currently looking for a weight bench to work-out at home.
    ------------------------------------------
    Goals.
    get to 170lbs

HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Always compress the TE inside if he blocks down...It will most likely mess up the hole.
    If a lead blocker comes for you, shuck him inside, to mess up the hole, then the back will probably cut outside right into you.
    Don't think about how weak you are ... think of how strong you're going to be.