tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000)

Question 2 Weeks Off = Too Long?

is 2 weeks off training too long?

thanx

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    YEah I would say so
    One week is the max but if you have an injury than take as much time as you need to get better
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

Beating that damn logbook SpeedUp2's Avatar
    SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not too long only if you have a strong reason for it - injury and overtraining are most common ones. Still, it is not THAT much - you will return to your fitness level quickly in most cases.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6324151

thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thorra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just came off of two weeks rest(actually, I couldn't wait and went back a day early). It didn't take long to get back to my old ways, and I feel stronger. Of course this was the longest layoff I've taken in 6 years.

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpeedUp2
    It's not too long only if you have a strong reason for it - injury and overtraining are most common ones. Still, it is not THAT much - you will return to your fitness level quickly in most cases.
    What he said. It is no ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Maybe you'll spend the week after you come back regaining a little strength, but if you're going on vacation - enjoy it.

Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take a week off after I finish a program ( Like I just with did a Westside type workout) once I stop getting gains after like 8 weeks or so I take a week off and start a new program

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Russian weightlifters traditionally took a month off at the end of each year from actual weight training....of course they arent laying on the coach eating chips...they do other stuff but not weights

the more advanced you are...the longer deload periods can become

a newby usually doesnt need to deload for 2 weeks...so it just depends

also depends on how often etc....you dotn need 2 weeks off every 2 months

but once per year...of course 2 weeks off is fine (usually over Christmas/New years)

If you plan out a whole year, with the year split in half....then you are basically looking at a couple weeks off for Christmas Holidays...but also somewhere in the summer would be a short break......then interspersed in-between would be deload weeks or easy weeks etc
    "Humility comes before honor"

tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000) tranceaddict is a complete loser! (-2000)
    ok guess i'll take 1 week off

i want to get my body to recover so i can come back stronger and fresher

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I take a two week break after every two months. It helps me stay out of overtaining and makes me hit the gym extra hard when I get back. The first week back is not all out, it's moderate but after that it's full blast. This has given me the best results but it also depends on your workout. I often go to failur for multiple sets and I've changed my break times and have found out that this is what works best for me.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually take a week every 2 or 3 months, sometimes longer. I usually will schedule a Max-Out, build up to it and then when that is over, maybe throw in a few exercises to make sure everything got some work and then take off a good, solid week from training AND supplements, except multis. If I feel the situation warrants, I won't hesitate to toss in an extra week of rest, as it usually gets me more revved to get back into the gym and start slinging some pig iron around...