FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50) FSUDawgFan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Leg Extensions prior to Squats?

I have seen and heard people "pre-exhausting" thier quads with leg extensions prior to doing squats. They say this will keep their quads from doing the bulk of the work during the squat, and incorporate the other leg muscles. Anyone try/do this? does it have any benefits? If so what about other muscle groups (maybe exhausting bi's before doing back work). Anyway I was just curious, thanks for the responses.

Mike

US Army Soldier Medic DempseyFan's Avatar
    DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DempseyFan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Generally people do isolation after compounds to fry the primary movers of the left. It might work, I dunno, but sounds like crap to me.
    "Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body."-Jack Dempsey

"In the ring, I never really knew fear."
    -Rocky Marciano

"Why waltz 10 rounds with an opponent if you can KO him in one?" -Rocky Marciano.

InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FSUDawgFan
    I have seen and heard people "pre-exhausting" thier quads with leg extensions prior to doing squats. They say this will keep their quads from doing the bulk of the work during the squat, and incorporate the other leg muscles. Anyone try/do this? does it have any benefits? If so what about other muscle groups (maybe exhausting bi's before doing back work). Anyway I was just curious, thanks for the responses.

Mike
    I've done it both ways and for me there's no difference. I prefer to start off with the extensions just so I can get my squats and deadlifts last on my routine for the evening.
    Heads or Tails

thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that's not the idea with extensions

by doing these first, you pump more blood into the quads and get your joints wamed ( knees)

i do five sets before i squat and superset the last one with squats
    the only way to really pre-exhaust quads is to do either leg press or hacks

other techniques i use is to do chest and shoulder on same day
    i only need 4 sets of 10 for my front delts on military press

if i hit back and do bi the same day
    i hit back first and only do 6 or 7 sets instead of 10

i do 3 sets of cable flies to pump my chest before pressing

i do deads and barbell rows, one arm rows before cable chins and close grip pulldowns

it really hits the lats most effectively

also, with triceps skullcrushers before any cable movement
    or skulls last and pressdowns and dips first

thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thespokesman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DempseyFan
    Generally people do isolation after compounds to fry the primary movers of the left. It might work, I dunno, but sounds like crap to me.
    it works better for the hams and glutes than the quads