Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dparm99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scherzo
    Alright, alright. I get it. Well at least I learned that the majority of you don't do this exercise. I'll just eliminate it which means more nutrition for the rest of my muscles.

So that leaves for my leg day:
    Squat
    Calf
    Leg Curl

I bet everyone would start laughing again if I said I did hip abduction... the "YES". Geez. Such dogma here.
    Add in some or all of Leg press, lunges, stiff-legged deadlifts.
    sponsored by Bulk Powders Australia
    use code NAPARM in the 'redeem' box at checkout for a discount off your order

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A factor that you have to consider when sitting your ass on most of the machines you see in gyms is functional anatomy. We all know the squat is a much more natural motion for the body than a leg press, and most machines are simply poorly designed to fit just 1 person's body mechanics, let along be a universal machine for everyone. But I digress..

The hip adductors certainly doesn't do the motion that you use on the seated hip adduction machine. Besides, there are five separate muscles in your inner thigh - each designed to work best when your leg is at different angles of motion.

In the adductor machine, only one of the five adductors is stressed - the adductor magnus (the biggest). The other four muscles are barely even activated because abduction/adduction motions aren't even useful. The correct function to activate all the adductors is for hip flexion and hip extension, some help flex, while some help extend. This is why a wide-stance squat is a great exercise to help bring up these muscles, since it's what they are functionally designed for - not a "bang me/don't bang me" machine.

Obviously, the machines aren't completely useless, they're fine for rehab and getting blood into specific muscles that say were hurt, like an injured groin, and maybe even for some bodybuilding purposes. But they shouldn't be something you're shooting to set PR's on and start stacking weights on.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by waywardryan
    Is that the Yes/No machine? If it is that is indeed for girls.
    Yep, the "f me/don't f me" machine.

If you're doing compound movements your abductors will be trained. Most people don't feel the need to isolate them.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scherzo
    About to max out on Hip Adduction machine
    is this raw or shirted?

waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waywardryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SDFlipStyle
    is this raw or shirted?
    lol
    Height: 6'1 (ecto, long arms and legs)
    182 lbs 10-12% fat (guess)
    Bulking