NCBlum85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

different exercises for different areas

How many different exercises should I be doing each workout day for each area?

Bicep
    Chest
    Tricep
    Back
    leg

For example if I was working chest, should I be doing bench, decline, and incline, more, less????

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It actually doesn't matter. You should just worry about the number of sets you are doing to avoid overtraining. In fact a couple of months ago I was thinking about doing a routine where I do a bunch of different excercises for each bodypart with one set each, never got around to it though.

Hope this helps!

Bignbuff

PS. Do you need a routine or us to critique one?

Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Juggernaut has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree totally with what's been said. Quality of exercises you chose is important also. It has more to do with # of sets than anything though.
    the jakes on you.

Well I'll tell you what I've been doing up until this point.

Chest:
    Bench - 5 sets, 10,8,6,4,2 increase by 5 lbs every set
    DB bench - 3 sets of 10 same weight
    I switch off every day between incline and decline - 3 sets, 10, 8, 6 increasing 5 lbs every set

Biceps - 3 sets, 8, 8, 6 on same weight
    machine curls- 3 sets of 10 same weight

Tricep - I dont know what to call it but its the thing where you put the dumbell over your head and lift it straight up. I do 3 sets of 10 on that and 3 sets of 10 on a machibne tricep.

calves - calf raises

legs - lay down squats 3 sets of 10, and a few other leg exercises i cant think of at the moment due to the fact i just woke up

shoulders - I do 3 sets of 10 of shoulder raises.

back - 3 sets 10 lateral pulldown

I usually do 3 sets of 10 on the row machine also.

I do most of this stuff in the same day, because I work out every other day, and don't really have time to work out every day.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not even gonna get into the excercises right now. You definitely shouldn't be doing that every other day though. I'm guessing you're a newbie, so you probably need a split where you only work each body part once a week. Here is a sample 3 and 4 day split. Tell me which one you like and then we can hook you up with a split.

3 Day-

Mon- Chest, Triceps
    Tues- Rest
    Wed- Legs, Shoulders
    Thurs-Rest
    Fri-Back, Biceps
    Sat-Rest
    Sun-Rest

4 Day-

Monday- Chest, Shoulders
    Tues-Back
    Wed-Rest
    Thur-Legs
    Fri-Rest
    Sat-Arms
    Sun-Rest

Hope this helps!

Bignbuff

I'm not questioning, Im just wondering how come it is wrong to do all that stuff in one day? I usually feel fine getting through the whole workout, for the most part. And is there certain muscles you shouldn't work together on the same day? Are there certain muscles you absolutely should be working together on the same day?

Oh and I like the 4 day btw. Is it right to only be working each muscle group once a week?

Well you must be new to this site and BB because the reason you work each bodypart once a week is because when you work out your muscle fibers are destroyed. So if I work biceps today, then tomorrow and a couple days after these biceps muscles are repairing and GROWING. So if you work them again you will just keep destroying the muscle and it won't be able to grow. Also muscles get hit indirectly while doing other bodyparts for instance when doing chest, triceps get hit indirectly. Understand?

Bignbuff

Originally posted by NCBlum85
    Oh and I like the 4 day btw. Is it right to only be working each muscle group once a week?
    Ok as for your routine.

Mon- Chest, Shoulders,Traps
    Flat Barbell Bench 3x6-10
    Incline DB Bench 3x6-10
    Dips(leaning forward to stress lower chest) 2x How many you can do, if more than 10, then add weight
    Cable Crossovers 2x810
    Military Press 3x6-10
    Side Laterals 2x8-10
    Bent Over Raises 2x8-10
    DB or Barbell Shrugs 3x8-12

Tues-Back
    Pull Ups 3x How many you can do, again if more than 10, add weight
    Bent Over Rows 3x6-10
    Cable Rows 2x8-10
    Deadlifts(if you have a weak lower back, then you can do hyperextension) 3x8-12

Wed-Rest

Thr-Legs
    Squats 3x6-12
    Leg Press or Hack Squat(whichever you prefer) 3x6-10
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts 2x8-10
    Standing Calf Raises 3x8-12

Fri-Rest

Sat-Arms
    Dips(body upright to stress tri's) 3xHowever many you can do, again if more than 10 add weight)
    Skullcrushers(lying triceps ext) 3x8-12
    Close Grip Bench Press 2x8-10
    Barbell or EZ Bar Curls 3x8-12
    Preacher Curls 3x8-12
    Hammer Curls 2x8-10

Sun-Rest

Hope this helps! If you need help with any of the excercises, go to the site stickied on top of the exercises forum.

Bignbuff

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only thing I would change about that split is to put traps with back as opposed to shoulders since chest/shoulder/trap day seems pretty long. Make sure though that your workouts don't exceed anymore then an hour.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

Originally posted by bignbuff
    Well you must be new to this site and BB because the reason you work each bodypart once a week is because when you work out your muscle fibers are destroyed. So if I work biceps today, then tomorrow and a couple days after these biceps muscles are repairing and GROWING. So if you work them again you will just keep destroying the muscle and it won't be able to grow. Also muscles get hit indirectly while doing other bodyparts for instance when doing chest, triceps get hit indirectly. Understand?

Bignbuff
    No I knew all that, but I thought it only took the muscles 2 days to repair.