Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rugby workout

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    it is but that 3x a week squatting brakes me. on top of sprints 2x week and touch rugga 1x week it is just too much
    I would squat everyday if I could lol :P
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    I would squat everyday if I could lol :P
    smolov fan?

Currently eating

momorugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, nice to see a rugby thread on here. I'm 18, 5'9", 230, and play hooker. I had a serious shoulder surgery (tore 75% of labrum), so I'm just getting back to the sport after a year off. However, I'm trying to get down to playing weight (200) and am doing some pretty serious training to get there.

I'm working out 4 days a week, and here's a copy of what I'm doing.

Day 1: Upper body
    Back
    1st exercise: Rows
    3 sets: 5-8 reps

2nd exercise: pulldowns
    3 sets: 8-10 reps

Shoulders
    1st exercise: Seated dumbbell Presses or hammer strength/machine presses
    3 sets: 5-10 reps

2nd exercise: dumbbell side lateral raises or cable lateral raises
    2 sets: 8-12 reps

Chest
    1st exercise:
    -incline or flat dumbbell press

2nd exercise:
    -pec-dec flyes

Arms
    1st exercise: alternating dumbbell curls

2nd exercise: cable curls, preacher curls, or concentration curls
    2 sets: 8-10 reps

3rd exercise: cable press downs or reverse grip cable press downs
    3 sets: 8-10 reps

1st exercise: choose one
    -hack squats, or leg presses
    3 sets of 4-8 reps

2nd exercise: Leg extension:

3rd exercise
    -leg curl
    2 sets: 10-15 reps

4th exercise: choose one
    -standing calf raise or seated calf raise
    3 sets: 6-12 reps

Day 3 is as 1, but with more reps (10-15)
    Day 4 is as 2, again with more reps

I run windsprints 3 days a week, perform 3 rugby circuits once a week, and take nice long bike rides 2 of the other days, for 6 days of cardio. Also, I'm gonna start pulling my jeep around the parking lot for that extra bit of power.

Sorry this post is so long, just got excited when I found some ruggers

dd19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guy um well my work out starts either half hour on the treadmill or 1 hour on the bike
    bench press barbell- pyramid
    incline bench press- 5x5
    dumbell fly- 5x5
    dumbell bench press- 5x5
    shoulder extension- 5x5
    shoulder raises- 3x10
    shoulder press- heavy at 10 x
    arms( whatever works for pump on bis tris and foreamrs)
    squat pyramid
    leg press pyramid
    deadlift pyramid
    lat pull- 5x5
    back ext- 3x10
    the only thing that should drive u is wat ppl say u cant do

giggles77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can i get sum, advice from u veteran players? idc what just any i just finished my senior high school season for rugby and im looken to play sum college rugby next year. so i kinda want sum offseason workout schedule for speed. im currently doing a bodybuilding type lifting schedule cuz my high school coach says i need to pack on sum mass for college cuz i play hooker. im curently 5'3'' 171 pounds. im also about to play sevens this summer. it would be much appeciated if i could get sum better lifting schedules or speed training from u veteran and college players.
    Death Before dishonor

BishopRugby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I'm 15 years old, 6'1 and around 220 lbs. and I'm looking to get conditioned for next season. I'm new to rugby, last year was my first year and I was invited to a provincial team. Sadly, I couldn't play because of holidays and work and what not, anyways I thought this was pretty impressive so I'd like to start taking rugby seriously. I played left flank this year, and I was hoping there was some workout to get me in decent physical condition, I've always been kinda fat so I'm hoping to lose weight and put on a lot of muscle to accel at this new passion. Any help? Thanks.

younganddumb01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello, im 16 and play alot of rugby, i play for my local team on 3 different teams these teams are u17, 17 and 18 colts and first team, i also play college and play at the local sports field with friends, i train at the rugby club 3x during the week and play games on saturdays or sundays, or maybe even both i'm a prop as you can probably tell via my weight but i get moved to hooker for the colts team and second row or flanker for the first team, i am a member of my local gym and go religously everyday for no more than 1hr and no less than 40 minutes. when at the gym i stick to cardio and weight and watch my food intake during that day, i think i may be doing something wrong, so if their is anything you could could help me with it would be much appreciated

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by younganddumb01 View Post
    hello, im 16 and play alot of rugby, i play for my local team on 3 different teams these teams are u17, 17 and 18 colts and first team, i also play college and play at the local sports field with friends, i train at the rugby club 3x during the week and play games on saturdays or sundays, or maybe even both i'm a prop as you can probably tell via my weight but i get moved to hooker for the colts team and second row or flanker for the first team, i am a member of my local gym and go religously everyday for no more than 1hr and no less than 40 minutes. when at the gym i stick to cardio and weight and watch my food intake during that day, i think i may be doing something wrong, so if their is anything you could could help me with it would be much appreciated
    This thread is years old and the original posters won't be very helpful.

Why don't you start a new thread and be a little specific about what the actual problem is?