Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb World without Whey

Firstly i know there is space for this in the supplement forum here on bb.com, but i want to know what most of you think.

Put simply do we really need whey, is it such a need part of are diet?
    Whey wasnt arnold with dorian, frank, Lee Haney, Arnold, gary strydom, or larry scott, so where as this need come from for the best whey? I myself live on baby milk, soya milk and plain old full fat milk. Just as i believe the greats did.

So is it needed is it such a big part of are diet and if so why? Why do we need whey now but managed alright back in the 60's 70's and 80's (i believe).

outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Milk is for babies! When you grow up you've got to drink beer.

(Just kidding, I drink a ton of milk.)

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by outlikeatrout
    Milk is for babies! When you grow up you've got to drink beer.

(Just kidding, I drink a ton of milk.)

actually u get casein protein from most dairy products
    In Hoots We Trust.

Registered User Salvatore_Stutz's Avatar
    Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000) Salvatore_Stutz is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking If there is a will there is a whey

Think myself whey very good indeed.
    Me like whey very much.
    Better than that, no? Whey really rules.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by badreligion
    actually u get casein protein from most dairy products
    Both are derived from milk actually.

[[Insert title here]] superfunk's Avatar
    superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000) superfunk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doesn't soy reduce testosterone levels?

Anyways i don't see the point of whey protein when i can just drink milk.

superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50) superdrool will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never used whey and my gains are decent...

Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer
    Both are derived from milk actually.
    yup, milk is 80% casien, 20% whey
    ----------------------------------

ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ActionBastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jamesbunyard

So is it needed is it such a big part of are diet and if so why? Why do we need whey now but managed alright back in the 60's 70's and 80's (i believe).
    Im pretty sure the greats had a hell of a lot more at their disposal then milk? Who do you think invented eggs in the blender, if you'd prefer that or a tuna shake over whey then be my guest.

Add to that most people aren't full time bodybuilders and need an easy source of protein and calories... Guess whats infinetly better than milk at that? Protein powder, whether it be why, casien or egg.

Not to mention modern pros outweigh the "greats" by at least 50 pounds and have no interest in being doing "alright" or being smaller.

jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jamesbunyard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ActionBastard
    Add to that most people aren't full time bodybuilders and need an easy source of protein and calories... Guess whats infinetly better than milk at that? Protein powder, whether it be why, casien or egg.

Not to mention modern pros outweigh the "greats" by at least 50 pounds and have no interest in being doing "alright" or being smaller.

Thats my point whey is for ease, a quick fix is you want protein, but there is no substitute for god wholesome food, eggs, milk, tuna chicken, i admit its hard to drink a pint of milk with every meal at first just like its hard to eat 7 meals aday to start off. But i feel and see you get the same gains from whey as you do with milk, and let me put it to you like this whey is 30 odd pounds for a tub, milk is only 28p here in the uk a carton. a pint of milk after the gym pint of milk in the morning and before bed. does the same think as whey and with that i still manage to hit 250 pounds of protein aday. So again is it needed? i dont think so, but i will say there are some supplements out there that are.

lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats my point whey is for ease, a quick fix is you want protein, but there is no substitute for god wholesome food, eggs, milk, tuna chicken, i admit its hard to drink a pint of milk with every meal at first just like its hard to eat 7 meals aday to start off. But i feel and see you get the same gains from whey as you do with milk, and let me put it to you like this whey is 30 odd pounds for a tub, milk is only 28p here in the uk a carton. a pint of milk after the gym pint of milk in the morning and before bed. does the same think as whey and with that i still manage to hit 250 pounds of protein aday. So again is it needed? i dont think so, but i will say there are some supplements out there that are.

ye awesome idea mate, casein post workout, what will you think of next?!!
    Whey is needed, I drink 1.5litres at least of milk a day and more gives you bloating , gas and excess lactose . Whey is the best thing to have post workout and that's not arguable,

Whey has a higher rate of digestion over milk
    ░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒
    █▓▒░ Aussie Crew░▒█
    ▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒█

Originally Posted by lachy
    ye awesome idea mate, casein post workout, what will you think of next?!!
    Whey is needed, I drink 1.5litres at least of milk a day and more gives you bloating , gas and excess lactose . Whey is the best thing to have post workout and that's not arguable,

Whey has a higher rate of digestion over milk
    you still havnt said why whey is needed. why is it needed over milk yes milk holds casein plus whey plus calcium. which means it holds a slow and fast digesting source of amino acids. and speak for yourself when you say it gives you gas and bloating, plus whats wrong with babys milk you going to say that doesnt hold everything you need in it.

Getting Bigger Each Day. FaceThePain's Avatar
    FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000)
    ON 100% Whey 10lbs $52
    1 Pint of Milk Where I live $1.19

Now, seeing as how noone on here is so filthy rich, where they can just buy 7 goddamn pints a day... doesn't it make alot more sense to pay ALOT less, for 10lbs of whey?

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    If we had no whey I'd be late for work every morning
    If we had no whey I'd smell like tuna..no wait..I'd smell EVEN MORE like tuna
    If we had no whey I'd be in a pissy mood from chocolate withdrawal
    If we had no whey there would be a mustard cloud over my house from all the egg white farts
    If we had no whey I'd be drinking water with little chunks of banana in it right now.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In my opinion whey is more important for staying lean and cutting. Sure like the one guy posted you can drink a pint or two of milk a day but even skim milk has a fair number of carbs in it. Most whey protein at least the basic ones are pure protein, there are very little carbs and fat to go along with it. It would be very difficult to match the protein amount of whey powders with food without a considerable addition of carbs and fats.

Therefore now a days people can eat a fair amount of food and keep fat/carbs low and have the extra protein from whey without a large addition of calories.

If your goal is just to get arger then no you dont need whey, you can just eat alot of everything. But if you have a slower metabolism or are looking to get lean whey is an exclent way of getting your protein in while not adding more fat and carbs.

well dont know what milk you drink but iv'e looked on the side only 5.0g of carbs and 0.1 of fat per 100g, and another thing you dont need whey to stay lean. if you want to stay fit and lean do something called cardio, works much better.

BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50) BNixon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally always mix my whey with skim milk, makes a decent shake, and like others said whey makes it easier to get in all the necessary calories and grams of protien per day, especially being in the Marines I dont have alot of time on my hands...its hard enough cooking up 12 or so chicken breasts a day and having other mels whey just makes it a little easier and tastes much better than tuna....

AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My opinions on whey is its the biggest money scam ever. Just eat clean regular food. Do not waste your money on whey it does absolutely nothing.

Originally Posted by BNixon
    I personally always mix my whey with skim milk, makes a decent shake, and like others said whey makes it easier to get in all the necessary calories and grams of protien per day, especially being in the Marines I dont have alot of time on my hands...its hard enough cooking up 12 or so chicken breasts a day and having other mels whey just makes it a little easier and tastes much better than tuna....

now that i can understand, if your not a fan of baby food or dont like the idea of blending all your meals in one and drinking it through the day. then yes i can see why whey is needed for someone who has a army life style. But what im saying is i feel its not needed so much as people state im at uni 5 days a week up at 6am back at 6pm. But i cook all my meals the day before. eat them through the day and hit the gym at lunch time for an hour. And do it all without whey.

edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nothing beats PROPER diet, but whey can definately help you to meet enormous protein requirements

as an ecto i prefer weightgainers like musclemilk that have both high cals protein and carbs
    exceeding any and all expectations

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well dont know what milk you drink but iv'e looked on the side only 5.0g of carbs and 0.1 of fat per 100g, and another thing you dont need whey to stay lean. if you want to stay fit and lean do something called cardio, works much better.

y eat more and do more cardio when you could replace some of the calorie foods with whey and do less cardio???

simple because i like the food i eat in i enjoy cardio, plus whey costs and id rather spend money on food than supplements.

fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamJames
    My opinions on whey is its the biggest money scam ever. Just eat clean regular food. Do not waste your money on whey it does absolutely nothing.

well it comes in handy when your not able to afford getting 300 grams of protein a day from natural food.

U ignore simple facts

It would be very difficult to get the same protein from food as you do with whey WITHOUT addining extra calories from carbs and fat.

Cardio is a catabolic process that almost always raises cortisol, any cardio is bad for building muscle. Of course this doesnt mean never to do it, but imo doing more cardio because your to afraid to use whey and woudl rather eat more food is not the ideal way to go about things.

fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Guardian
    U ignore simple facts

It would be very difficult to get the same protein from food as you do with whey WITHOUT addining extra calories from carbs and fat.

Cardio is a catabolic process that almost always raises cortisol, any cardio is bad for building muscle. Of course this doesnt mean never to do it, but imo doing more cardio because your to afraid to use whey and woudl rather eat more food is not the ideal way to go about things.

how much protein do you consume in a day from powdered whey, may i ask? im not going against your opinion by the way, just curious.

U ignore simple facts

im sorry but when did i say im affraid of using it, i used to have whey 3-4 times a day, but i was eatting through a tub a month plus on top of that paying for meat and other foods and supplements i chose to keep buying food and cut out on the whey and after doing so i see no diffrence what so eva aprt from packing on my size because i have more calories that are needed. and for the statement that cardio raises cortisol thats uter B**L S**T, it lowers it not raises it. and have you eva tried swimming that actually use more muscles than any workout in the gym can do, its perfect for building muscle. Arnold used to swimm, dave draper also i believe and frank ran and no of them had small muscles. they just had abs all year round and did it without whey

Originally Posted by fchris
    how much protein do you consume in a day from powdered whey, may i ask? im not going against your opinion by the way, just curious.

75 grams from powder
    Bout 100 grams from food

When Im bulking I get less from whey and more from food. When Im cutting I get less from food and more from whey.

well i manage to have 250 to 280 depending on weight aday all from food.

im sorry but when did i say im affraid of using it, i used to have whey 3-4 times a day, but i was eatting through a tub a month plus on top of that paying for meat and other foods and supplements i chose to keep buying food and cut out on the whey and after doing so i see no diffrence what so eva aprt from packing on my size because i have more calories that are needed. and for the statement that cardio raises cortisol thats uter B**L S**T, it lowers it not raises it. and have you eva tried swimming that actually use more muscles than any workout in the gym can do, its perfect for building muscle. Arnold used to swimm, dave draper also i believe and frank ran and no of them had small muscles. they just had abs all year round and did it without whey

Steroids inhibits the effects of cortisol.... thats why those guys coudl trian for hours on end...

For people that are natural and want to keep as much muscle as they can while at the same time being as lean as they can need whey. Cardio DOES RAISE CORTISOL any excercise does, just to varying degrees based on time under stress.

If it was true that cardio lowered cortisol then people would be doing it for hours every day and never lose any muscle. If you believe that happens you better go back to the teen section stickies!

For people that are natural and want to keep as much muscle as they can while at the same time being as lean as they can need whey.
    what advert did you get that from.