$-=SeAn NaL=-$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) $-=SeAn NaL=-$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My first TRUE HIT workout

I just finished my first "real" HIT workout and when I say "real" I mean doing single sets of each exercise rather than multiple sets...Before I was doing what some would call moderate volume, but I've decided that it was too much...So I've switched to full out HIT and I'm gonna see how it goes...here was the routine I did tonight:

Squat x 1
    Lunges x 1
    SLDL x 1
    Good Mornings x 1
    One Legged DB Calf Raise x 2 (2 on each leg)
    Weighed Sit-ups x 1
    Leg Raises x 1

All sets to failure, workout lasted 56 minutes...Next week I'm gonna shoot for 45 minutes...ya know, I actually find that even though the volume is alot lower, the workout is just as tough, because knowing that you only have 1 set in which to stimulate growth makes you push yourself a hell of alot harder....

Anyone else do a similar routine?? How were your results? I'm gonna do this routine for the next 4 weeks and see it how it goes...if it works then great, if not I'll go back to moderate volume...
    -=Pain is weakness leaving the body=-

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice,

But HIT is not based only on single sets: 1-3 sets.
    How many times a week do you do?
    Peace-out
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How did it take you 56 minutes to do 8 sets?

$-=SeAn NaL=-$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) $-=SeAn NaL=-$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I realize that, but most hardcore HIT advocates use a single set to failure on most of their lifts...

I'm goin 3 days a week using legs/push/pull...on push day I do 4 total sets for chest, 3 for shoulders, and 3 for tris...on back day I use about 5-6 total sets on back (about 4 on lats and 2 on traps) , 2-3 on bi's and 2 on forearms...

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out, have you ever used volume this low?

Originally posted by devildog
    How did it take you 56 minutes to do 8 sets?
    Yah it shouldnt have taken me so long...I had to take a rest after good mornings because my lower back was having a bit of pain, so I had to wait before I could do calves...and plus those squats, lunges and sldl's to failure really whipe you out....you also need to realize that different people have different recovery periods...next week I'll be done in 45 though

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i hear you, but next time, it should take far less than 56 minutes, i do about 3 times the volume and finish in an hour, and dont think just because i use higher volume, that i dont go to failure on squats, i go through hell
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    56 mins is a bit long but also that is not a TRUE HIT routine, that is a Yates HIT routine. With a true, traditonal HIT routine you don't split the body up.

Okay it's not a "TRUE" HIT routine but the volume is still pretty low...that's my main thing is that I've cut my volume down by about 45%....no more of these 15 set workouts, I'm doing 8 or 9 sets max...can I see your routine, Callum?

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glad you're switching over to the real deal. Good luck with it.

As for your workout taking longer, even though it is 8 sets, many must also realize that each set will take longer then on a volume routine, since you push for that last rep longer, and must take the set to eccentric failure, rather then concentric.

I too, started my revised HIT workout, i will only be going to the gym 2x a week rather then 3. Here's what i did today:

incline db's
    chins
    weighted dips
    wide grip pull downs
    flat flyes
    pulley rows
    military press
    shrugs
    red holds

Each one set to complete failure. Next time i will have to find a better spotter (i will also be working out at school, so i'll have my normal spotter spot me, who knows how to give real spot) so i can get rid of flyes and the pull downs. My chest is already starting to hurt right now as well as my lats and shoulders. Going from chest exercise to back exercise also lessened the amount of time i took there, and gave me an awsome pump.

Br

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That above looks pretty similar to my program BR

keep us posted on the results Sean.

Oh and good choice.