ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

allergic to whey?

hi everyone

ive been taking this whey protein for about a month now, but i found that my skin is sort of sensitive to it, getting rashes here and there. i usually had one scoop (25g) of it after a workout. i have been off the whey for about a week now and my skin seems to be improving. i find this funny because i am not allergic to milk products.

does that mean i am allergic to whey protein? the brand i take is "on 100% instantized whey gold standard". are there other types of whey out there that i might be able to consume without my skin being sensitive?

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ruhtra

does that mean i am allergic to whey protein?
    It's possible but unlikely if, as you say, you are fine with milk products in general. If you are truly allergic to whey you would expect the reaction to occur every time you used it, not just some of the time. Has that been the case?

Do you get gastrointestinal side effects too, like cramping, bloating, gas, loose stools? Or is it just skin stuff?

ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ruhtra has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    skin stuff mainly
    im also more prone to growing pimples now that ive been on whey

some of the rashes have puss on them, and they are taking ages to heal, even after using "rash cream"

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sure doesn't sound like your basic milk/whey/lactose allergy to me, especially if you are talking pus. Might want to get that checked out, rashes have million potential causes, to the point where they can be hard to diagnose and treat even for dermatologists.

Hope you have a speedy resolution of the problem.

thanks
    i guess i can still gain weight without whey for some time..

Pierro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am no expert in any of this stuff, but i know ON has soy based protein. i have never read about any of it since im perfectly fine on whey. but u might want to check it out

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/pinn..._lb-215-0.html

you might want to go have a dermatologist look at it, u never know it might not have anything to do with the whey. anyways have a nice recovery