immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question i need some re assurance guys

firstly those of you who are going to give me a hard time for my post, can go fuk themselves and dont post anything if your not gonna help.

ok, so i have worked really hard over the last few months on reducing my BF percentage from 25% to 20%. now it just wont budge from 20% and i now look like a beanpole as i am 6'3". so maybe i should try a mass to get me looking better and maybe this will **** more fat but increasing muscle mass?

so this is waht i have decided to do

1 - do the rippetoe programme and eat **** loads

i am worried that i will gain the fat which i worked so hard to loose and the inches off my waist.
    what can i predict will happen to my body? will i get a huge waist again? etc etc

let me know guys

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Question:

For how long you wanted to do the ripptoe programm ?
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XtremeBody510 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^^ Yea How Long Have You Been On It So We Can Help You Out??

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by immortalkhalsa
    firstly those of you who are going to give me a hard time for my post, can go fuk themselves and dont post anything if your not gonna help.

ok, so i have worked really hard over the last few months on reducing my BF percentage from 25% to 20%. now it just wont budge from 20% and i now look like a beanpole as i am 6'3". so maybe i should try a mass to get me looking better and maybe this will **** more fat but increasing muscle mass?

so this is waht i have decided to do

1 - do the rippetoe programme and eat **** loads

i am worried that i will gain the fat which i worked so hard to loose and the inches off my waist.
    what can i predict will happen to my body? will i get a huge waist again? etc etc

let me know guys

At the risk of having to go "fuk" myself, I'm having a bit of trouble following you. You say you're stuck at 20% BF and yet look like a beanpole (one of those two descriptions is almost surely off). Later, you say you want to "eat **** loads", but are worried about gaining back the fat and want predictors from people who have never seen you and don't know you about what will happen to your body and your waist.

Fitness is 90% diet. Computers are not the only place where GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out) takes place. It works the same way with your body. If you don't get your diet dialed in, no workout program in the world will be able to compensate. If you eat "**** loads", you can most likely expect to gain back the fat and maybe a few of its friends, also.

I think you need to re-think this. If you have reached whatever goal you set, in terms of BF or whatever, then start bulking, but do it cleanly, which means basically no ****, just a lot of good stuff. If you have NOT reached your goal, then you may want to consider tweaking a few things to get your BF loss back in order again...

immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) immortalkhalsa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cawiau
    Question:

For how long you wanted to do the ripptoe programm ?

at the moment im testing the waters, but will try it for about 6-8 weeks to give it a chance. this is my first few days on it.

Originally Posted by XtremeBody510
    ^^^^ Yea How Long Have You Been On It So We Can Help You Out??

only just did my first rippetoe workout yesterday. and started my new diet yesterday too

[QUOTEMISGOD]At the risk of having to go "fuk" myself, I'm having a bit of trouble following you. You say you're stuck at 20% BF and yet look like a beanpole (one of those two descriptions is almost surely off). Later, you say you want to "eat **** loads", but are worried about gaining back the fat and want predictors from people who have never seen you and don't know you about what will happen to your body and your waist.[/QUOTE]

being 20BF does not mean you LOOK fat even though i am. i weigh only 176 pounds. hence i look like a bean pole now after my diet. i think thats my bad as i didnt make it clear in my first post about my weight.

[QUOTEMISGOD] Fitness is 90% diet. Computers are not the only place where GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out) takes place. It works the same way with your body. If you don't get your diet dialed in, no workout program in the world will be able to compensate. If you eat "**** loads", you can most likely expect to gain back the fat and maybe a few of its friends, also[/QUOTE]

when i say '**** loads' i just mean loads of calories, not bad calories. even if i try to eat clean (but up my clories) and do the rippetoe programme is there still a high chance that i will put the fat back on?

I think you need to re-think this. If you have reached whatever goal you set, in terms of BF or whatever, then start bulking, but do it cleanly, which means basically no ****, just a lot of good stuff. If you have NOT reached your goal, then you may want to consider tweaking a few things to get your BF loss back in order again...[/QUOTE]

thanks for the advise bro...keep it coming, it makes me see sense.

por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would try it for a month, then cut some more. But my situation is different from yours. Like it was said earlier, a short and clean bulk isn't a bad, but make sure to monitor yourself and keep your ultimate BF% goals in mind.

bump

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when i say '**** loads' i just mean loads of calories, not bad calories. even if i try to eat clean (but up my clories) and do the rippetoe programme is there still a high chance that i will put the fat back on?
    Based on this description I really thinkg that rippetoe will be the best thing for you. You really don't have much muscle on your body, and that is keeping you from getting the shape and bf% that you want.

I was also very skinny once, not really skinny fat, but skinny. It took me a very long time to get over the fact that I would have to eat a load to build size. I was afraid of losing my skinny six pack, never really happened. In your case I think that you'd be suprised how much fat you might actully lose.

Eat 500 or so calories above your target weight to start, if that doesnt work, eat more. Keep progress written down and adjust your diet accordingly.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by gobluevw
    Based on this description I really thinkg that rippetoe will be the best thing for you. You really don't have much muscle on your body, and that is keeping you from getting the shape and bf% that you want.

I was also very skinny once, not really skinny fat, but skinny. It took me a very long time to get over the fact that I would have to eat a load to build size. I was afraid of losing my skinny six pack, never really happened. In your case I think that you'd be suprised how much fat you might actully lose.

Eat 500 or so calories above your target weight to start, if that doesnt work, eat more. Keep progress written down and adjust your diet accordingly.

Good luck.
    i think you have it right bro....im skinny fat!
    although i am tall (6"3) i have a small frame with 20% fat, which simply means i have very little muscle.

so you would say that rippetoes is a good way to go, and that a mass diet which is fairly clean will still help me to reduce my body fat?

so i shouldnt really be increasing my BF% by going down this high calorie route?

Was about 300, no longer! KeepintheFaith's Avatar
    KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepintheFaith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think you have it right bro....im skinny fat!
    although i am tall (6"3) i have a small frame with 20% fat, which simply means i have very little muscle.

so you would say that rippetoes is a good way to go, and that a mass diet which is fairly clean will still help me to reduce my body fat?

so i shouldnt really be increasing my BF% by going down this high calorie route?
    Dude, this mindset that you began your thread with is based on conventional wisdom which in many cases, including this one, is wrong. The best body fat burning tool one has is muscle. The muscle you have and add must be fed however. This will take some effort on your part. You need to educate yourself (which you are obviously attempting to do...good for you) on proper nutrition and exercise. These forums are littered with good info on this. Read the stickies and heed the advice you will receive. Do keep in mind that the advice may vary. Study enough and you will be able to figure out what works for you. Success in all of this is difficult at times, but worth the effort. Trust me on that if nothing else.

To sum things up for now...yes, you do need to eat a good deal of food to add muscle. Don't get into the trap of thinking that if you eat, then you will gain fat. Of course what you eat should be nutritious, but you will get to the point of feeding the muscle and burning the fat and you will be on your way to reaching your goal then. Good luck!
    Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy - Winston Churchill...losing fat is like fighting a war!

Originally Posted by KeepintheFaith
    Dude, this mindset that you began your thread with is based on conventional wisdom which in many cases, including this one, is wrong. The best body fat burning tool one has is muscle. The muscle you have and add must be fed however. This will take some effort on your part. You need to educate yourself (which you are obviously attempting to do...good for you) on proper nutrition and exercise. These forums are littered with good info on this. Read the stickies and heed the advice you will receive. Do keep in mind that the advice may vary. Study enough and you will be able to figure out what works for you. Success in all of this is difficult at times, but worth the effort. Trust me on that if nothing else.

To sum things up for now...yes, you do need to eat a good deal of food to add muscle. Don't get into the trap of thinking that if you eat, then you will gain fat. Of course what you eat should be nutritious, but you will get to the point of feeding the muscle and burning the fat and you will be on your way to reaching your goal then. Good luck!
    bro your words are humble and wise at the same time. i hope there was more that was like you.
    i have read so many stickies here, but have found there are so many different views which is what leaves me in the middle.

i will continue to try to increase my calories now and train hard, hopefully this will have a posotive effect.

many thanks guys