Closed Thread
Page 151 of 268 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 8013
    MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MsBodyTalk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a mix of atmosphere lighting and the weight loss. Typically, when we lose weight and eat better, our bodies don't go through as much processing the gunk (which shows in the form of rashes, pimples, acne, blackheads, etc) in our system. This in turn leads to clear/better looking skin. So, to answer your question, when you reach your goal weight, you should notice that your skin will be in better condition, but I doubt that it will be lighter. It is also worth noting that many times, a proper diet & water consumption leads to faster hair growth & skin regeneration/recovery. HTH

I'm a skin fanatic so I've noticed the correlation and look forward to my skin clearing up again.

As for the thread, this is very inspiring! Keep up the great work everyone. I'll be posting pics within a few months as well as at the end of the year.

Originally Posted by Testament125 View Post
    ^^^The weight loss made your skin lighter.

I've wondered do people skin tones change color a bit when you lose weight? will I go from pale to extra pale?

justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50) justynrowe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    major props to all...

atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) atafies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This really isn't a big story but I've found that my friends are talking about me being fat in the past tense. I was chillin with one last week and he said (jokingly) "man I liked you better when u were just fat, you're just an a** now!" Funny thing is that My BF is still about 18 percent, guess it's the muscles
    "Confidence doesn't come out of nowhere.
    It's a result of something... hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication"
    --Roger Staubach

3-1: 213 | 3-9: 213 | 3-16: 214.5 | 3-23: 212 | 3-30: 211 | Month Total: 4-6: 210 | 4-13: 210 | 4-20: 203.6 | 4-27: 203 | Month Total: 5-4: 203.4 | 5-11: 200.4 | 5-18: 203 | 5-25: xxx | Month Total: Final Weigh-in | 6-1: xxx

cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

love it

Just unbelievable really, I was so uncomfortable with myself before, although my self-image has always been constantly on my mind and is my number 1 priority it took me a long time before I started actually doing anything to change my physical appearance besides wasting more money on clothes

I lost 35lbs and put on a good amount of muscle so from 220-185 and now I'm so confident in myself and just love the way I look, I'm luckily a good looking person naturally so I always got quite a bit of attention from girls to be honest but I was never satisfied and realize now that it was because I didn't believe OTHER people could be satisfied with me, if I couldn't. The quote that "you have to love yourself before others will" is shockingly true 100%. Also, not only that but I use to always feel like I was forcing myself to hangout with "friends" and always always always I felt like people didn't want me around and that just completely changed, it's all about your mindset and I just have a ton of self confidence now, also I'm helping friends meet their fitness goals too and that was actually probably the number 1 factor for me was that, (btw I'm only 17 and in 11th grade) nobody else around me at school was in good shape, litterly not 1 person at my school did weight training (i'm talking about guys) So i think wanting to be the best was always a driving factor for me and now that everybody else sees how much better looking I am and I steal 99% of the girls attention now they wanna get like me, and I gotta say in highschool.. thats the ****en best

Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mauibuilt904 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lost 30 lbs last summer,
    got laid more at college
    people actually talked to me
    and my weiner looks bigger

it has its benefits but that shouldnt be why you want to lose weight

gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtaguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its been a few years since I lost the weight now and still pays dividends. tbh, doesn't really register with me that I was overweight any more and doesn't really play a part in my interactions with others. I was fortunate enough to only be overweight for last year of HS/first year or college for most part, but arguably one of the worst times to be in that position.

Only thing I miss is the ability to make self-deprecating jokes, I like to joke around, and sucks to lose the ability to make those jokes. ehhh, I'll make that compromise any day lol

GL those who are starting out. You won't regret it.

UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNIVERSITYofHUGE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ElGordoNoMas View Post
    I can attest to this from the opposite way. I am still fat now (6', 275lb), but when I was thinner and built (6', 215lb) I was definitely treated better. It truly is a night and day difference. Especially from the opposite sex. I am a pretty decent looking guy, but now that I am heavier I don't have the same confidence level, and I know that affects me when I'm talking to ladies. I have to work hard now to get them, and I still do at times, but it's not the same quality or quantity for that matter. When I was thinner and athletic looking I had confidence through the roof, and it seemed like I didn't have to even try to pick up a lady. I don't know if it was that I just simply looked better, so I felt better, and they picked up on this, or if they were just more physically attracted to me then. Either way, there is a clear difference now. That is one of the biggest motivations I have for getting back in shape. When you're in great shape you'll get women who come on to you! Now that is great!
    Keep at it bro! It's night and day.........when i was bigger no ladies, then i got skinny=lots of ladies, bulked up (dirty, my face got fat again) and added muscle=limited ladies, cut down and get athletic look=any lady you want!!!!
    ~Pain is Temporary, living a goal you accomplished will last a Lifetime~

Channel that hate and take it out on the weights!

Prove your worth a damn.-DJohnson

everytime you reach a goal you'll set a new one-Ehmien

cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpaddoncpaddon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

This is amazing

It is absolutely incredible everybody reading this forum, from what I have come across read the first 40 pages of this thread before realizing from one of the posts it saying "can't wait til january" that they were all 07-08 and it's been the biggest motivational boost looking at all these peoples posts about how they can't wait to accomplish theyre fitness goals and just taking a peak at their bodyspaces and seeing that every single person that posted on this thread saying that they wanted to meet their goals had and they were all in incredible shape it's the most inspiring thing i've probably ever discovered and just think guy, we're the next generation of it ! SO LETS KEEP IT UP, LETS ALL MEET OUR FITNESS GOALS, ALL GET RIPPED, TAKE ALL THE LADIES ATTENTION AND BE A HUGE INSPIRATION TO EVERYBODY ELSE 2 YEARS FROM NOW!!

ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000) ss4vegeta1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes it WAS incredible. I was soooo addicted to it all you couldn't believe. I lost around 60-70lbs once. Though now I am heavier with alot more muscle and FAT(ugggh). I have a plan but college and work fulltime really can take up time.
    Distraction is an obstruction for the construction.

“The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence.”

Kakarot!

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, dude. Being fit is just about see how long you can stand a healthy lifestyle and a calorie deficit. After all, it's just a matter of time. The cheats and the binges only slow you down.

I think about it like that Monopoly game. Each day is a new square you move to. If you binge, "Go back 2 squares", if you get a good week and lose 2 pounds "Move to the next".

Weird thoughts FTW.

Originally Posted by cpaddoncpaddon View Post
    It is absolutely incredible everybody reading this forum, from what I have come across read the first 40 pages of this thread before realizing from one of the posts it saying "can't wait til january" that they were all 07-08 and it's been the biggest motivational boost looking at all these peoples posts about how they can't wait to accomplish theyre fitness goals and just taking a peak at their bodyspaces and seeing that every single person that posted on this thread saying that they wanted to meet their goals had and they were all in incredible shape it's the most inspiring thing i've probably ever discovered and just think guy, we're the next generation of it ! SO LETS KEEP IT UP, LETS ALL MEET OUR FITNESS GOALS, ALL GET RIPPED, TAKE ALL THE LADIES ATTENTION AND BE A HUGE INSPIRATION TO EVERYBODY ELSE 2 YEARS FROM NOW!!
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

netfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Figure I should post up my life so far...

Fairly thin through high school, was "skinny fat" in the late teens. Around 20 or so I really got hooked on fast food but still did daily walks and lifting here and there so I didn't really balloon up. Took a job in 2005 that consisted of keeping a chair warm, and it was also a night shift job so it really screwed up the body. I never weighed myself during the two years I lived like this but I would not be surprised if it was up in the 280 range. Always ate out, never made anything for myself. They fired me in 2007 over some made up BS but I got a job three weeks later in shipping/receiving which meant lifting and being on my feet. I was maintaining an average weight probably in the 240 range as I was still drinking and eating out. 6 pack of beer 4 days a week at least. They moved me to a desk job and I also quit smoking as it was really costing me too much and I hit the 270 mark pretty quick. I've been out of work now for several months and one day I looked down and was disgusted. Found this site and started doing daily workouts and also adjusting how I eat. I was the guy who would not be caught dead eating vegetables unless they were on a Big Mac.

So I've probably been at it on a serious level for around a month now. I'm seeing quite a change in my upper body muscles and I'm also dropping inches on the waist. Funny story too, I was in the gas station parking lot on my way to do some farm work for a friend and my shorts fell off my ass. Good sign! I recently tried on the pants I used to wear when I did shipping and I was able to fit into them shockingly. My morning weight a few days ago had just broken into the high 240s. I do pre-breakfast cardio usually every second day for about 20 minutes, and I work weights daily. I no longer drink and the thought of burgers and pizza really doesn't draw me anymore. My friends last night asked me how long I was going to do this working out thing for and I just kinda gave them a weird look and said "uhh, forever?"

modnit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by joekerr31 View Post
    yep.

i dont really notice much difference when it comes to interacting with guys.
    wait, i take that back. i was in the grocery store tonight and there were a couple of guys with their girlfriends there. you notice that they check you out and you can sense their scoping out whether their girlfriend might check you out or some sh*t. kind of wierd in comparison to the past where you'd just walk around and no one paid any attention at all.

theres a big difference interacting with women. they treat you 100% better. you just walk up to a counter some place and they serve you with a big smile and are overly friendly. that never happened before.

it's wierd in a way. women actual act thankful for helping with this or that. whereas before they'd act like it was skin off their back or something.

in some respects its kind of sad how shallow a world we live in.

good thing i hit the weights for myself and not for chics.
    the only thing that sucks is once you got the bod going you'll never know whether shes with you in large part due to your bod or becuase of you.

but you know, at the end of the day i'm sure the same thing happens to women who go from flabby to fit.

like i say, superficial world unfortunately.
    I agree, your body carries around your great personality and the good person that you are, but for you to be able to let strangers know of this goodness, you need to look good (or at least to worldly standards).

DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50) DefiningMoments will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by netfreak View Post
    Figure I should post up my life so far...

Fairly thin through high school, was "skinny fat" in the late teens. Around 20 or so I really got hooked on fast food but still did daily walks and lifting here and there so I didn't really balloon up. Took a job in 2005 that consisted of keeping a chair warm, and it was also a night shift job so it really screwed up the body. I never weighed myself during the two years I lived like this but I would not be surprised if it was up in the 280 range. Always ate out, never made anything for myself. They fired me in 2007 over some made up BS but I got a job three weeks later in shipping/receiving which meant lifting and being on my feet. I was maintaining an average weight probably in the 240 range as I was still drinking and eating out. 6 pack of beer 4 days a week at least. They moved me to a desk job and I also quit smoking as it was really costing me too much and I hit the 270 mark pretty quick. I've been out of work now for several months and one day I looked down and was disgusted. Found this site and started doing daily workouts and also adjusting how I eat. I was the guy who would not be caught dead eating vegetables unless they were on a Big Mac.

So I've probably been at it on a serious level for around a month now. I'm seeing quite a change in my upper body muscles and I'm also dropping inches on the waist. Funny story too, I was in the gas station parking lot on my way to do some farm work for a friend and my shorts fell off my ass. Good sign! I recently tried on the pants I used to wear when I did shipping and I was able to fit into them shockingly. My morning weight a few days ago had just broken into the high 240s. I do pre-breakfast cardio usually every second day for about 20 minutes, and I work weights daily. I no longer drink and the thought of burgers and pizza really doesn't draw me anymore. My friends last night asked me how long I was going to do this working out thing for and I just kinda gave them a weird look and said "uhh, forever?"
    keep it up man! I remember my friends doing that to me when I was in the 200's and theyll keep asking you when are you going to stop when you get to lower weights... tehy did that to me when I got to 200... to 190... to 180... to 170... to 160... to.. lol
    Starting Weight: 190.4 lbs

| 3/02: 190 lbs | 3/09: 188 lbs | 3/16: 183 lbs | 3/23: 180 lbs | 3/30: 178 lbs | MARCH LOSS: 12lbs
    | 4/06: --- lbs | 4/13: --- lbs | 4/20: --- lbs | 4/27: --- lbs | APRIL LOSS: ??
    | 5/04: --- lbs | 5/11: --- lbs | 5/18: --- lbs | 5/25: --- lbs | MAY LOSS: ??

TOTAL LOSS:

Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Why do parents or siblings try to discourage you from dieting when losing weight?

I lose 4 pounds and i'm hearing comments about "Stop dieting so much you're ketting too skinny" or they come up with some bs that this diet is not good for you for some reason or stop exercising so much. They really don't know nothing and I just want them to stop telling me what to do and shut up and let me do my diet. I'm 5'9'' 200 pounds and i'm nowhere near skinny. My mom and sister are overweight and no way i'm taking advise from them.

matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just joined bb.com, been reading this thread every day this week at work, currently on page 74 and still going

Just wanted to say well done to everyone who's transformed their body. And also well done for those who've always been in shape and kept that way (they never get any praise!)

Started eating well 3 weeks ago and finding it REALLY easy, I don't miss any bad foods, don't miss any bad snacks or carbonated drinks. I have a cheat meal once a week (fish & chips from a chippy).
    The wife was eating take-aways and I drove to get them for her and it doesn't bother me one little bit, I don't miss it and I don't crave it when I could smell it or while she was eating it.

Something's clicked inside and I'm finally in the right frame of mind to shift the excess weight and I can't see anything stopping me.

I'm a little obsessed, but I think it helps to be thinking about it all the time and the wife doesn't mind me talking about it to her either (I don't bore anyone else).

This week my wife has started too, she just came out with it saying "I want to be fit at 30" (birthday in January) so I'm helping her. I am a qualified trainer and used to be a gym manager until this time 10 years ago so I know what I'm doing, I've just never been in the right headspace to do anything about it until now (having a 3 year old and 6 month old helps too!)

Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Went from 265 to 188 and from my personal experience, yes I'm getting treated way different now then from when I was bigger. Not really sure if it all was from my physical transformation or the fact that I actually have confidence now, then again If I had confidence then I don't think it would've mattered. =)

gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gotaquestion11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DexterGT View Post
    nope. but after I got my wolf shirt, you would not believe how much ass I been getting

That is the funniest thing I've read on the Internet.

coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been a while since I posted... have not been cutting.. been bulking for like 3 months actually... going back on a quick 1 month cut. But that is besides the point. I love working out.... sometimes it seems redundant... but. so yeah I feel way sexier leaner than I did when i first started. When I walk into a bar... I feel like the sexiest person there.... maybe I am not but I feel that way. And I get the starz.

mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mvlax22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump. Love this thread.

netfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Testament125 View Post
    Why do parents or siblings try to discourage you from dieting when losing weight?

I lose 4 pounds and i'm hearing comments about "Stop dieting so much you're ketting too skinny" or they come up with some bs that this diet is not good for you for some reason or stop exercising so much. They really don't know nothing and I just want them to stop telling me what to do and shut up and let me do my diet. I'm 5'9'' 200 pounds and i'm nowhere near skinny. My mom and sister are overweight and no way i'm taking advise from them.
    I'm lucky that both my parents are active but at the same time they weren't going to comment on my weight when I was doing real bad because they're not *******s. My sister seems to be having some problems keeping in shape... She seems to eat decently and does some workouts but then like every weekend she goes and gets drunk. Yeah, the 2L of pop you just mixed with your vodka just reversed all your efforts.

When I get down to a respectable BF% I'm hoping my tiny Honda will accelerate a bit faster too

BlackAces75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mdbrewer View Post
    new girlfriend

any questions?

Nice! This says a WHOLE LOT!!! Congrats!
    Jan 1 to Apr 1 Comp:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604082653#post604082653

Goal: 200lbs at 15% or less BF by 4/1/11
    Start: 228lb Height 5'11"

Jan 1st Pic-POSTED
    1/3/11-228
    1/10/11-225.4
    1/17/11-224.0
    1/24/11-223.2
    1/31/11-218.8

Feb 1st Pic-POSTED
    2/7/11-220.0
    2/14/11-224.4 (Miami/Key West Vacay)
    2/21/11-219.6 Back on track!
    2/28/11-217

March 1st Pic
    3/7/11-214.2
    3/14/11-215.6
    3/21/11-211.0
    3/28/11

April 1st Pic
    End Weight

Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memory_lane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i was never big growing up, but as i aged i stopped taking care of my body and balloned up tp 220 pds at 5 8. at the start of february, i started lifting and running again. didnt really diet but stopped drinking . the weight started dropping fast. i now weigh in at 182. this saturday i met up with a few female friends and one of them txt me halfway through the night that the other woman told her she was digging the "new look". the next day she posted on my fb.... u are getting sexy! you looked good last night. made me feel good about the weight loss. i still have about 15 pounds i want to lose though.
    "Sometimes the truth can hurt you, so I blow my cig smoke right at the truth commercials" - Joe Budden

seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by pp890 View Post
    Alright guys, I've participated on these forums for a few years now, and have waited a very, very long time to be able to participate in this conversation. I was going to do it the day I got a 6-pack and had a girlfriend andwhat-not so I can tell my rag-to riches story like the rest of you, but I think it's time I finally let myself vent. So, strap in it's going to be a long ride....

All my life I was the bigger kid. Everyone always told me "no you have a football build, you're not FAT, just big boned". When I was younger I was scared ****less to get changed in gym class because I was always the biggest. What I had going for me was that I was always a good friend. I made friends with the cool kids and they loved me, so they looked out for me. My one friend, Mike, in particular was the "strong" "tough" kid in elementary school and really looked out for me, always saying "hey dont worry you're big boned, no one's going to mess with you". After Mike transferred to public school I was kind of on my own. The cool thing about my school was it was very small so everyone was pretty much close-knit. Now, I was not the kid who was picked on crazily, but I was the one that was teased a good amount.

In high school, I was still teased. I lost some weight in 10th grade, but ballooned back up over time. I started to adapt the "make fun of myself" policy to avoid being made fun of. I would beat kids to the punch line by making fat jokes about myself and everyone loved it. I started to really like this one girl who was friendly toward me since freshman year. Ofcourse she dropped the braces and glasses and turned hot, started dating the star wide receiver on the football team, and saw me as a joke. That happened a lot with girls. Because I wasn't the skinniest kid, and didn't find myself as good looking, I tried to override it by being extremely respectful and good toward girls. Ofcourse, in high school, this is seen as pathetic. No girl wants the sweet nice guy, they wanna bang the cocky football player.

So I went to college and vowed to change myself. I went on a crash diet and by Thanksgiving freshman year I was 220-- but probably about 30% bodyfat. And, as we all know, what weight goes dramatically down, must kick back up. I was 235 by the end of freshman year. And that's when it happened... I came home from college to be told my dad had cancer. After the shock wore off, I told myself I was going to get healthy, not for anyone else but myself. I got my ass in the gym everyday and ate healthy as all hell. If i put one bit of cake or cookies near my mouth I felt terrible over it for about a day. I got down to 220, a HEALTHY 220 by about mid-july. Everyone was impressed. I kept going with it. My dad had surgery September 11th, 2008. When I came home and all of my family came to the hospital to see my dad, they were in shock. I was told how they couldn't believe how far i've come and how I looked so good. I had one aunt tell me "I didnt wanna get toooo small" but I disregarded it. I still was not happy. By Christmas I was down to around 216. I stayed around there much of the summer. When I came back to school for junior year, I was down to about 20% BF, give or take, and around 215. I was living on cloud 9. After a first semester full of drinking I still stayed aorudn there because I made up for it in the gym. Second semester my buddy Rob, who has been a positive influence on me during my time in college, got me on his program.

By February 2010, I was benching 225 (something I never thought I'd reach-- I was benching 185 MAX in July 2009) and was increasing my strength while losing weight. On Saturday, June 12th, I weighed in at 199.5. I was the happiest I have ever been. For the first time since before freshman year of high school, I was under 200 pounds. My roommates and I had a beerbeque (i am renting a house senior year) and i found myself talking to girls. Friends that knew me from freshman year all told me how amazing I look and how far I've come. I did ask a girl out yesterday that I met at the bbq and was rejected. I'm still going to work on it, but not the best thing for my confidence.

As far as family and friends-- my parents and sister keep yelling at me to be more confident. My mom keeps telling me how skinny I've gotten and "how good looking" she thinks I am. My friends have been really positive -- at least the ones who are true to me. My buddy Rob is a HUGE positive influence, and coincidentally my workout partner.

So, I know I jumped a round a lot, but let me sum it up. I've come a long way. From ~250 lbs freshman year, I now stand here at 199.5. I want to get down to about 190-195 by my birthday (July 10th). I am still a virgin, and sadly haven't even had my first kiss. I have extreme confidence issues which has killed a lot of my game with girls. My biggest problem still is I kind of have man boobs. They have gone down significantly, but they still plague me and kill my confidence. What is good is that I no longer worry about my weight as much, I just am afraid of being shut down by girls. I've posted the pictures of my before and after for u guys to check out.

What I wanna know most of all, is from experience, how do I get over seeing myself as the fat kid and talk to girls. Everyone tells me I'm an amazing guy and amazing person, but yet I don't see that transcend with the girls. From never having experience and never having a girlfriend, it has made me want one bad enough that I am willing to treat her like gold when I meet her. I'm at the age now where that matters--- I just need to put myself out there and be more confident-- but how.

Everyone seemed to leave people on here with advice. Well here goes... As I've gotten older, and seen my life go through transitions, i've learned something. The older u get the pickier u get with who u picture yourself with, who u surround yourself with and who u want nothing to do with... the good friends will be there because the want to, the fake ones will drop off sooner or later because they don't care enough. Cherish the ones that stay close to you through everything.

BTW Sorry theyre not the best pics. You can see the difference in my face most of all.
    Good job.. Your a good looking guy (no homo)so when you slim down a little more you'll have girls runnning after you... your getting there, and thats inspirational.. keep cutting..

As for your virginity... Looks are important but not as important as you think. If your still a virgin at age 20 its because you have self esteem issues taht need to be resolved. you made it sound like your some ugly kid with no social skills.. but it seems like your not either.. find a way to be confident. and don't be too nice to girls you are interested in.. also try being more aggressive. Your not an ugly kid, so have confidence to isolate them, then make your moves from there..

Also, keep working hard and lifting those wegihts.. your getting there man.. just keep going..

Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not really a story, but:

10 more lbs for me to get at 182 pounds (and probably 8%). when I started reading this thread, I needed to lose 63 lbs to get there. When I first started working out, it was a 87 pounds excess.

What's my point? Start now. Someday in your future you may look back in the day you were reading this, with way more pounds to get rid of.
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am stuck at 84kg[~185lb]. Not, it isn't a plateau, it's my entirely and undoubtly fault, i should be completely ashamed of myself this past days... I am lucky enough i still can get back to the track, but that's going to be hard, again. I am planning in: a) getting back to RPM class. b) Lowering my calories intake in the weekends, that's breaking my results. c) Start taking citrus aurantium and green tea pills.
    Let's see wherever this is going to end, by the end of july i intend to be at 81 kg, at least.
    I wish you all guys good luck. Cya.

matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matumace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've lost a stone (14lbs/6.3Kg) just while reading this thread!
    I started reading 4 weeks ago, am up to page 110 (reading while at work). Very good for inspiration!
    I should be around the 1.5 stone/21lb/9.5kg mark by the time I finish!

Keep it up everyone, great work

djdobro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdobro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdobro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea... My friends started to make fun of me for not eating chocolate and pizza like them. SOme of the Girls said i am crazy to do all of this, but most of the guys say i`m superb :P All in all its about if ppl really have you as a fr or not

Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bonestorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Once again, this thread is massively inspirational!

I've been feeling bored with my routine lately. I fear the next phase would be losing motivation, so reading some more pages of this thread is really getting my mind back on track. So many great stories.

just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500) just1spark is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hell yes. I get approached by more women. People in general just seem more forthcoming and enthused to talk to me.
    Bitch you wasn't with me lifting in the gym.

Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500) Testament125 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by just1spark View Post
    People in general just seem more forthcoming and enthused to talk to me.
    Men and woman?

Closed Thread
Page 151 of 268 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast