Closed Thread
Page 243 of 268 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,290 of 8013
    stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stemple1982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is my first post here, however I've been on this journey since the beginning of the year.

Before: 305lbs
    Today 220lbs

Basically to keep this short and cut out all the filler, I wanted to drop weight because I knew that my wife wasn't attracted to me. I had to fight with her to have sex and even if I did get it, it was bad. For me, it was an entire lifestyle change like I'm sure it has been for everyone else. I stopped drinking soda and coffee, then I stopped eating carbs and so fourth. This week I started the "bizzy diet" from the mainpage. Is it alot of supplements? Yes. But after trying to "bulk" when I realize now I was only eating at maintenance and stayed at 230ish for about 3 months, I wanted to cut. Now, as of this week I'm counting calories, eating 5-6 meals a day and I really monitor what my intake is. It's been quite a journey in such a short amount of time but I constantly am trying to better myself. My goal is to look hot naked being cut and jacked. It's not going to happen overnight however I will achieve this.

Things I've noticed:
    Wife has gained 38 pounds since my journey began
    Sex has improved immensely
    I'm a much more confident person now
    I'm on my way to becoming the "alpha male of the group at work"
    People respect me more
    The attention makes me feel awkward, however I'm starting to get used to it.

I do this for me now, and I'm starting to create a following. The guys at work are more supportive then my own wife is. I get compliments from everyone that I should stop and I look good now. That's all fine and good but my goal is to make Channing Tatum look like a school-girl. I don't actually say that, but "being cut and jacked" the regular person doesn't understand. I drive a trash truck for a living, so I have to be at work at 5am. So, I wake up at 230-3am 5 days a week and go to the gym. One guy, maybe a second guy is starting to go to the gym with me beginning Monday. I inspire them and make them want to better themselves, and one is a bariatric(spelling?) patient. When you have men in their 40's wanting to wake up at 230am to go to the gym and workout with you, I believe that's a good indication your on the right path. They want to get stronger. I initially started with my resistance with Jim Stompanni's "Shortcut to size". I did my own nutrition plan so I didn't get those results but people really took notice. With these guys I believe I'm going to give Stronglifts 5x5 a shot, as it's simple and much shorter. I also need to learn to eat MORE. Haha!

Did you get more stares? Absolutely, it's definitely weird but I'm working on making eye contact with every attractive woman I see. 50 percent of the time it's welcomed.

Did your genitals change in size? My erections are thicker, and harder. I no longer have ED or premature ejaculation. There is much less "cushion" in the groin area. Wife actually complains because it goes to deep.

Did you get negative or jealous reactions from friends/family? All the time. My wife hides the fact she's my biggest cheerleader. I know she is, but she always makes comments. We had a huge fight recently, and I had to dig my supps out of the trash! Told her afterwards if she did it again it would be grounds for divorce. 75 Percent of people say I'm skinny(yeah when I'm at 30 percent b/f) and that if I lose anymore I'll become transparent. Well, we'll see when the time comes.

Oh and also, more female attention means MUCH more frequent and hotter sex from my wife. Bad sex at once a week, to Incredible sex 3 times a week MINIMUM and it's always on her mind is fantastic.

Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisanity is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get more girls now (as opposed to zero). Dunno if it's because I look a lot better or simply because I feel more confident which gets me more social and outgoing
    Willing to log any supplement (outside USA), just drop me a PM.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great thread and thought I would throw in my story also

About 17 months ago I weighed 215lbs at 5ft 6 ins I had a 40 inch waist , a round face!
    I carried it ok because I'm broad built ...but I was seriously out of shape

6 months later I'm 42 lbs lighter, 30 inch waist my face has changed to a lean chiseled look with just the
    ONE CHIN!

I have maintained and am now kicking on to get totally shredded my arms look like they have cables running through them
    and I'm getting veins showing in the shoulder/chest areas
    I have had lots of comments people I know have actually walked past me, so many "wows" and "OMGs"

and a few.....your....not ill are you?

9 months on obviously people get used to what you look like but one of my nicknames is mister slim at work!

and people are often asking what I eat and train actually it's a bit annoying!

The other week it was really hot so I packed my work shirt in my bag and wore a tight ..ok SKIN T shirt to work
    and my wrap around shades , when I walked in the office the reaction was hilarious

Hey look it's Tom Cruise, wow you look amazing etc

Not bad at 49

Downside? My wife is squeamish about veins so she finds it hard to look at my arms when I flex then and they all stand out

As for the old chap? Looking good but then again he always HAS ;-)

AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes. I went from being known as fat and ugly, mistreated and ignored, to being ... well, admired. Still kinda weird, and I know that I look good / attractive now from what I am constantly hearing, but it isn't ingrained in me to FULLY believe it
    _______My transformation so far
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154992193

_______NoFap 2014 crew

HTC Mogul - HTC Pro 2 - HTC Evo - iPhone 4S - Galaxy S5 - Galaxy Note 4 - Galaxy S6 - iPhone 6S

mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RBZen View Post
    I've seen some difference after 60 pounds lost, but not too much yet. No one really noticed still, and I think this is largely because I haven't started wearing smaller shirts yet (waiting on that shipment).

But I've seen a decent difference in my family. They are all very surprised. But I am just slightly less fat, so it's not a big deal yet.
    Nice work on the weight loss, but out of interest in your sig why do you say the average weight loss of circa 4.5lb a week was a bad idea? Was you just hungry?
    Started 10th July 2013
    Start Weight - 328lb
    Current Weight - 299lb

marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AmirWins View Post
    Yes. I went from being known as fat and ugly, mistreated and ignored, to being ... well, admired. Still kinda weird, and I know that I look good / attractive now from what I am constantly hearing, but it isn't ingrained in me to FULLY believe it
    That`s the trouble with the whole transformation game, being ugly/fat during your youth scars you for life and leaves you with a void that can never be filled with any amount of self-improvement. You will never get those years back. The only thing we can do is to look forward and forget about comparing yourself to others.

RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mayweather13 View Post
    Nice work on the weight loss, but out of interest in your sig why do you say the average weight loss of circa 4.5lb a week was a bad idea? Was you just hungry?
    Hungry, no, but my energy levels disappeared. My lifting strength disminished to nothing, I was tired all the time, blacking out when I stood up, and generally miserable. It's not worth it.
    400LB: December 6, 2012
    350LB: April 1, 2013
    300LB: June 15, 2013
    Current: 263
    Lost: 132

Currently Cycle 5 of AllPro Beginners

mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mayweather13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RBZen View Post
    Hungry, no, but my energy levels disappeared. My lifting strength disminished to nothing, I was tired all the time, blacking out when I stood up, and generally miserable. It's not worth it.
    Woah, how many calories a day was that at?
    Started 10th July 2013
    Start Weight - 328lb
    Current Weight - 299lb

RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RBZen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mayweather13 View Post
    Woah, how many calories a day was that at?
    I don't know how many calories I ate. I stopped tracking my food because I was obviously losing a significant amount of weight and was not hungry. So what's the point? Obviously the stuff I was eating was enough to lose weight on.

I didn't realize how badly that'd hurt me physically. Actually honestly, I knew it was bad. I was just frustrated with my weight and extremely impatient. Stopped listening to reason and pushed through it. Was just stupidity all around.

If I had to make a wild guess, probably 1,500 calories a day or so. Keep in mind I'm a construction worker that went to the gym 6 days a week, so this is obscenely low for me (TDEE was in the 3-4k calorie range).
    400LB: December 6, 2012
    350LB: April 1, 2013
    300LB: June 15, 2013
    Current: 263
    Lost: 132

Currently Cycle 5 of AllPro Beginners

snopro31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As of now I've lost 32 pounds since May 2013.

Was 250 lbs
    Now 218 lbs

I am doing the 5x5 strong lifts and am noticing a big difference in energy and stamina.

Co-workers say I am doing awesome. Friends have noticed a change.

Just need to continue and get to where I want to be. Gonna be a lot of strength training.

Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benville is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 33lb down since April 2013. Dropped from 44-46" waist to 38", 47" chest to 43", 49" stomach to 40".

Get treated very differently by pretty much everyone I know. Male friends treat me with a lot more respect (not that there was a lack of it before, I was quite often the alpha anyway, but now some treat me like I may as well walk on water). Almost all my female friends now act flirtatiously rather than in a platonic way. Male friends/work colleagues ask me regularly what I do & how I do it, although some refuse to believe the amount of work involved because of how quickly I've lost weight.

Get a lot more attention from women than I'd not have had before, although as noted by others that could as much be a case of my own improved confidence as it is a physical change in myself. I have a new girlfriend who is definitely what I'd previously have considered out of my league. She is aware of my gym & diet lifestyle and finds it quite attractive, says it's a good influence to her as well.

Sex life has definitely improved compared to the old 'fat me', longer lasting & better feeling, especially with much less fat around the groin.

What I have noticed is that my confidence is essentially a paper tiger. When it's good, I feel king of the world. If however I have one bad day on the scales (regardless of reason) or a bad workout, I feel back to my old introverted self afterwards. The baggy clothes come out and the eyes go down. Couple of good sessions and a weight loss and the tight tops come back out and I'm walking tall again.

Hard to shake 32 years of feeling like the awkward fat guy.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by marcos920 View Post
    That`s the trouble with the whole transformation game, being ugly/fat during your youth scars you for life and leaves you with a void that can never be filled with any amount of self-improvement. You will never get those years back. The only thing we can do is to look forward and forget about comparing yourself to others.
    Nah, this I disagree with. In fact perhaps the people who hit a low and snap are the lucky ones. They're the ones who will try to achieve greatness no matter the cost because they know how bad it can be. I rather have X amount of years fat and the rest of my life becoming a badass than just be average my whole life and not ever having it bad enough to drive real change and achievement.

Fat DJohnson hung around for a while in my brain but I think he's dead now. I mean I can put on 20lbs and not look so great from time to time but I still know I'm awesome and I'll just apply the knowledge and practice I've earned to fix the situation.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by kiwidave1 View Post
    Does anyone else find Veins motivating. I really want to be able to pop out my forearm veins at will. They pop out at the gym after an N.O. Pre workout and some lifting but in my walk around life they are still covered. I also love the veins in the front of my shoulders and down the bicep, again, they only really pop out when working out.
    Veins like this, you mean?

I think I'm looking forward to the veinage more than the abs (I know this is an old post, but I still wanted to reply).
    Attached Images
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I posted in another thread how the veins that are popping out of me freaked me out.....in a good way :-)

Especially the ones that have appeared on my shoulder /chest region

Jinnjuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    After losing over 40 pounds this past year I have got so much more attention. Last year I got zero attention from girls and I was disrespected by guys around me.
    I catch a lot of girls checking me out and trying to get with me as opposed to last year(which was pretty much zero). I get called attractive a lot now and get a lot more respect.
    Last year people thought I was weak and fat and they disrespected me. I had a very soft, pudgy appearance and was messed with a lot by other guys. I was often called fat too. Now nobody really messes with me(even though I am not even big), I have a leaner, harder, appearance, and I am respected by a lot of people now.

My genitals appear bigger now since I have less fat around the area.

As for friends, I actually have less now. I have a lot more acquaintances and people acknowledge me more, but I have had a lot of more "friends" trashtalk behind my back after I got in shape. Actually had one friend who thought he was swole but was on that dreamer bulk. He actually thought he was an expert on building muscle(saying "fat turns into muscle" and saying "all you need to do is bench") and started telling everybody what to do like he was a pro. Now, my bf% is about half of his and my lifts are a lot higher. So I am guessing that must have made him mad. Like another poster said, since Im no longer the fat friend around to make him feel better about himself, I am of no more use.

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    BF percentage estimate on this guy? I'd love to get this far, but I'd settle for a few percentage points above it. :>))
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tricon7; 08-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) giulio313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    back then they didn't want me, now im hot hoes all on me...

lol jk...but I get treated wayy better now, and get more attention. Its really weird.... honestly in my head, I still feel like im that fat guy no women would want and people would crack jokes about. its a strange adjustment to say the last.

WickedGames816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedGames816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedGames816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedGames816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedGames816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WickedGames816 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hope to someday be able to know what some of this feels like
    November 1st 2013 weigh in = 285 lbs
    December 1st 2014 weigh in = ?
    Goal weight = 200lbs 10% BF

you either spend your time dreaming about your ultimate goals or taking massive action towards them

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong.

Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dooxy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by giulio313 View Post
    back then they didn't want me, now im hot hoes all on me...

lol jk...but I get treated wayy better now, and get more attention. Its really weird.... honestly in my head, I still feel like im that fat guy no women would want and people would crack jokes about. its a strange adjustment to say the last.
    this is true lol i know people how talked alot of **** about me and now days they are like please help me! and am not even buffed like you yet xD

Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Obscene has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    BF percentage estimate on this guy? I'd love to get this far, but I'd settle for a few percentage points above it. :>))
    8%.

bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is what i want to look like.
    After reading this thread i have learned 3 things
    1. Its possible to lose weight
    2. Don't let other peoples jealousy bring you down
    3. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there

Congrats to everyone meeting their goals
    and to everyone starting I wont say good luck
    I'll say "See you at the finish line!"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bigxart; 08-15-2013 at 06:53 PM.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigxart View Post
    This is what i want to look like.
    After reading this thread i have learned 3 things
    1. Its possible to lose weight
    2. Don't let other peoples jealousy bring you down
    3. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there

Congrats to everyone meeting their goals
    and to everyone starting I wont say good luck
    I'll say "See you at the finish line!"
    Sad reality, you will never look like him. You can get lean, you can get muscular, but you will never look like him. Why? Because you're not him. You have different bone structure, muscle insertions, ligaments etc. So even if you managed to build your muscles to have the same proportions as him, you wouldn't look like him.

Your goal should be to be the best you can be, not to look like somebody else.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

ericthefish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amazing thread. I'm on my way to become healthier and fitter. :-) Over 20 lbs down, not too many left. Thanks to my bone structure and me not being fully grown (don't have wide shoulders yet etc.) people haven't really seen just how fat I've been. I swear, I'll never let myself go again... It's horrible to look at yourself with disgust and never wanting to take off your t-shirt in front of others. Gotta cut more!

TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000) TacticalTaco is a name known to all. (+5000)
    POF profile at 25% bf- zero messages, one in 10 girls message back

POF profile at sub 15%- average 3-5 messages a day from sloots.

Sloots gon sloot

bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigxart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    Sad reality, you will never look like him. You can get lean, you can get muscular, but you will never look like him. Why? Because you're not him. You have different bone structure, muscle insertions, ligaments etc. So even if you managed to build your muscles to have the same proportions as him, you wouldn't look like him.

True. But Ive read a lot saying use pictures of someone whose body you would like to mold yourself after as a guide. I chose kaepernick

TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well as a chick (with a long long way to go) I've lost 10kg in 10 weeks... I'm doing the 12 week challenge that's being run by my gym... I've worked my arse off and I've been extremely strict on my diet... And I've lost about 25cm all over...

I think my face has changed a lot just with 10 kilos down and seeing people who I haven't seen for a bit are saying wow you're doing so well and that sort of thing...

Negative people, yep! My sister (who is also doing the challenge) has been really negative towards my results which I think is because she hasn't had as good results as me... Probably because she hasn't put in half the effort I have...

I've got a long way to go yet, but I'm loving all the motivation in this thread... I can definitely see how it's going to happen for me too...

Thanks for the motivation everyone!!

As a single mum, I want my daughter to see me as a healthy role model... No more excuses!

marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marcos920 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post

Yes, too many people on here think they will look like Plitt after a few bench presses and a protein shake. The majority of people will never look like a famous athlete or model (who is in that position because of his rare genetics), yet most people keep trying to live up to those unattainable standards. It's really sad to see.

Originally Posted by TessTenn View Post
    Well as a chick (with a long long way to go) I've lost 10kg in 10 weeks... I'm doing the 12 week challenge that's being run by my gym... I've worked my arse off and I've been extremely strict on my diet... And I've lost about 25cm all over...

I think my face has changed a lot just with 10 kilos down and seeing people who I haven't seen for a bit are saying wow you're doing so well and that sort of thing...

Negative people, yep! My sister (who is also doing the challenge) has been really negative towards my results which I think is because she hasn't had as good results as me... Probably because she hasn't put in half the effort I have...

I've got a long way to go yet, but I'm loving all the motivation in this thread... I can definitely see how it's going to happen for me too...

Thanks for the motivation everyone!!

As a single mum, I want my daughter to see me as a healthy role model... No more excuses!
    Most women don't look that fat in the face. I've seen pictures of 200 lb women who looked normal (from the neck up). The real changes are in the body.

TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000) TessTenn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by marcos920 View Post
    Most women don't look that fat in the face. I've seen pictures of 200 lb women who looked normal (from the neck up). The real changes are in the body.
    Fair enough... Don't get me wrong my body has definitely been what's changed (needing new clothes) but I guess I was more meaning I don't feel so conscious of holding my head a certain way when talking to someone to minimise chin haha... God I can't believe I let myself get to that in the first place...

peterBread has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'l jump in here too. I haven't put much muscle on in the last 6 months or so but I have lost about 25 pounds since Christmas.

I was 205 and just under 6 foot just before Christmas. Was aware that my BMI was high and I was overweight although I wasn't unhealthy or going around with a huge gut and people calling me fat. But I knew that I was fatter than normal and that I wasn't myself and that I was heavier than I ever was in my life. For some I wasn't huge but I love sport and it was stopping me from playing as I wasn't as in control of my body as I was when I was a child and I wasn't fit enough to run long enough.

I also wasn't getting any woman. I didn't feel comfortable taking my top off or wearing tight clothes and felt that people that I haven't seen in years thought that I put weight on(which I did). I had a bit of social anxiety and despite being usually being fairly outgoing and social I wasn't myself and lost a lot of confidence. So I basically wasn't attractive as my face was a bit fatter and I didn't have a good body. Plus because of this my confidence was gone so I wasn't as good at talking to woman as I should be.

I got into the gym and then when my gym membership ran out I started running on the roads. I counted calories(not religiously) and ran 4-5 times a week and between December and June I went from 205 to 180.

Now I could still do with losing another 10 pounds or so and I ain't ripped at all as I haven't been to the gym but I feel a lot more comfortable. When we went swimming the last day I had no bother taking off my top and swimming and I didn't feel as though anybody thought that I was fat at all and I didn't care either. I have had about 3 people directly compliment me for looking better and that I have lost weight in my face and that I look great. One was a girl.

I don't care about wearing tight football jerseys or t shirts when I go out. So in both sides I feel a lot better. I feel I am slightly more attractive because I ain't overweight anymore nor do I have a fat face. This means my confidence is better and although I haven't been swamped with woman I still I feel like I have a chance with some.

I also am back enjoying my sports more. I am getting games in football and I am a lot fitter.

I want to update this again in a few months as I am going to get back into the gym and try lose another 10 pounds or so whilst getting toned and more lean. When I was a bit overweight my physique was big sorta like a rugby player and my arms were bigger despite being fat I have a bit more strength whilst now I feel like I have a child's body and my arms and such are a lot smaller.

I will update this at around Christmas and see how much better I feel and how much different I am treated after I get really in shape.

Closed Thread
Page 243 of 268 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 ... LastLast