Closed Thread
Page 172 of 268 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 8013
    maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

I just finished reading every one of these, and while I'm only 2/3 there, I think it might be time for a post.

I've been chubby since grade school. After a severe bout of depression, I got kicked out of college and then spent a few years just treading water (and gaining weight). Smoked, drank, ate garbage, went on and off of various pills but was never happy. Just before my 25th birthday, I began waking up in the middle of the night in a sudden and severe panic at least once a week. I was a mess and knew it. One night I identified some major obstacles in my life and resolved to fix them ASAP.

That winter I lost 20 lbs, and everyone was supportive. The next year I yo-yoed, but I did go back to school. So zero down, but two in progress. Then this year I finally bought Starting Strength. Holy crap! I feel great. Working out is actually fun, and the progress has been so motivating that I don't cheat on my diet unless it's a special occasion. I'm down almost 50 pounds with maybe 20 to go. I never thought of myself as athletic, but I'm on my way there now and I love the feeling.

After reading some of the stories on here where people lost friends, I was afraid it might happen to me. It's not like I started going to the bar in my three wolf moon shirt, but I started to worry that they'd think I'd become too image-driven. Last night I saw some people for the first time in a while, and the compliments wouldn't stop. People asked if I'd been lifting and said to keep it up. And kind words are great, but what's even better is knowing that the people closest to you have your back. Now I feel stupid for having doubted it.

(I can sympathize with everyone who's mentioned how hard it is to accept the frequent compliments in a way that isn't awkward. But I guess it's a good problem to have.)

Those of you who've done it: my sincerest thanks for the motivation you continue to provide. Those of you who just started: kick some ass!
    Last edited by maggiesfarm; 02-20-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Travis2310 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Losing weight/getting cut/stronger has as many setbacks as it does benefits.

Benefits:
    - Better physical shape
    - More attention from everyone
    - Huge boost in confidence (which can lead to benefits in other areas)

Setbacks:
    - Exposure to the shallowness of the world
    - Family members thinking you eat 3 celery sticks a day
    - Being better than everyone in your karate class because you work out and practice outside of class makes it look like you're showing off
    - My pants don't fit right and I break my belts from trying to pull them too far to keep my pants up
    - The unconscious tendency to wear tighter clothes makes it seem like you're trying to show off your body
    - Food is my enemy; I'd rather die than to be fat.

- Conversation with a friend while on a cut:
    Friend: "C'mon Travis, eating (insert food here) won't kill you... you have to live a little. What if you die tomorrow?"
    Me: "Then my casket would be easier to carry".

- Hard work + Patience = Success

"You gotta watch what you eat"
    "Sh!t, I look at all my food when I eat! You think I'm sittin' there wit my eyes closed?"
    - Bruce Bruce

mikede555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

when I lost a lot of weight...

everything changed.

Suddenly, women were interested in me. I was still young at the time so I got my first girlfriend... and surprisingly I became VERY popular with the ladies... So much so that I was named the biggest "pimp" in high school...

before all of that, I was a nobody... but the second I lost all that excess weight, I was Mr. Popular. It made no sense to me but I embraced it and enjoyed it.

My life got all around better in every way possible.

I'm telling you - losing all that weight will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Hope this helps and inspires at least 1 person on this forum...

Good luck to all of you!
    Discover 'Secrets' That Most People Will Never Know About How To Really Get A Lean Body... FREE Report at: http://101healthandfitness.weebly.com/

Viral Haemorrhagic Fever Thalieos's Avatar
    Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thalieos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have gotten more stares, comments, asked out more, etc. I feel more confident and it shows when I interact with everyone around me. I've been asked out from people I would never have considered on my level this time last year. I did this for me, for my health, and as a means of combating depression but it feels amazing. I'm a very intelligent guy and I primarily relied on that in the past, now I get complimented on both. My ex-girlfriend was damn near obsessed with seeing me naked all the time. My ex-wife and I went about a year and a half without speaking/seeing one another, she and my ex-girlfriend started talking (one of the reasons she's my ex) and they shared pictures. Now the ex-wife is hitting me up and complimenting me. Great compliment. Even in a gym full of beefed up guys I get a majority of stares, why? I like to think I have a very lean but muscled physique.

My junk is still the same, though I'm able to use it more efficiently now, LoL. My cardio is ridiculous so it has helped tremendously in that department.

I have received comments about eating more, eating less, splurging, spending too much time in the gym, etc. from my Mom and other female relatives. My sister thought I was on steroids when she saw me for the first time after about 2 years. My stepdad is very supportive as he was a personal trainer at one point in his younger days. It's a mix from my friends. Some get pissy because they're slobs and want results but don't want to work, others back me up and even ask me for advice.

I did this for myself and work to keep fit and improve for ME, but the results and notices are a serious motivation. Reading the responses in this thread is damn awesome. Keep them coming!

-T
    “In nothing do men approach so nearly to the Gods, as in giving health to men.” -Cicero

I am a disciple of anatomy and physiology, nutrition, pharmacology, facts...

235lbs./25% BF 2009 -to- 184lbs./13% BF 2010
    Adding lean muscle, shooting for 200lbs/12% in 2011

mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50) mrkotfw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've lost around 70 lbs. about a year ago. I've noticed people have a lot more patience with me. They're a lot nicer. Some girls are surprisingly nicer to me and don't give me a disgusted look.

I never thought about it, but there have been times where I would think people would be cold or snap at me, and instead are generally very nice.

I haven't had girls stare... yet

Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great to see a bunch of new inspirational stories in this thread recently.

To all the overweight people reading (myself included!) don't forget that everyone in this thread was fat like you once. If they can change why can't you?

One of the many thoughts that make me return to this thread.

aidans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to weigh 130kg and im 6'4. i got on this diet. i got down to 98kg. not sure about body fat.
    im goin back on the diet again next week, i wanna get down to 90kg or less. i wanna get my body fat down to 10%. thats my goal. as far as being treated different, i havnet noticed heaps. but you just feel better, in your self. and nothing beats that.

aidan...

JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10) JonChimpo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ran into this girl I hadn't seen in a while over the weekend at a wedding reception. I tried to make eye contact a few times just to say hi, but she didn't seem to know who I was. So I got right up to her and put my hand on her shoulder and said hi to her. She looked me in the eyes and then with a big smile she said, "Oh my god! I didn't even recognize you! You look so good!" And then she just stared at me for a while with a goofy, stunned smile on her face until I proceeded to carry on a normal conversation with her.

feelsgoodman.jpg

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Travis2310 View Post
    - The unconscious tendency to wear tighter clothes makes it seem like you're trying to show off your body
    I still cant bring myself to wear tighter clothes. Im always pulling on my shirts thinking its showing off my fat (its all mental but thats what I think when something is too tight)

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strong two day bump.....

On a side note, I am on a dating site as a single guy. I've been on it for a few months. Every week or two, I take another picture of my (thinner) self. After a week or so I take it down and put up another one in its place.

Over the course of a couple of months, I've noticed the ladies that has looked at my profile has gotten more and more attractive as I placed up more recent pictures. It's amazing how a woman can judge you almost instantly by a picture of your face to determine if they are attracted to you.

I've done the picture thing almost as a social experiment. I just find it fascinating.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ECfromHTX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by goodfella0729 View Post
    I still cant bring myself to wear tighter clothes. Im always pulling on my shirts thinking its showing off my fat (its all mental but thats what I think when something is too tight)
    I've had friends comment on some of my shirts being a little tighter but it's not intentional. If I buy an XL it fits my too big all the way around but if I get a L it fits fine around my torso but may fit kind of snug around my arms. I usually just try to stretch the sleeves a bit before I put them on b/c I tend to feel uncomfortable if they fit to tight around my arms.
    Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    Strong two day bump.....

On a side note, I am on a dating site as a single guy. I've been on it for a few months. Every week or two, I take another picture of my (thinner) self. After a week or so I take it down and put up another one in its place.

Over the course of a couple of months, I've noticed the ladies that has looked at my profile has gotten more and more attractive as I placed up more recent pictures. It's amazing how a woman can judge you almost instantly by a picture of your face to determine if they are attracted to you.

I've done the picture thing almost as a social experiment. I just find it fascinating.
    Seems only natural IMO. I don't consider myself a shallow person but there has to be at least some type of physical attraction. People tend to look better when they're at least in somewhat decent shape as opposed to being overweight. In addition, it seems as if most women want a man that can take care of them (not necessarily have to, just able to) and it seems only natural that a man that can takes care of himself would be able to take care of them as well.

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bumpskies.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Legendary bumpage

king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) king4x4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The bump gods say BUMP!
    April 2010: 150+ kg (330lb) My peak
    May-28th 2011: 99.5kg (219lbs)
    Aug-2011: 110kg (242lbs) Bulking for three months.
    Jan-2011: 120kg (264lbs) End of current bulk.
    Jun-2012: 124kg.

Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10) Autonomisc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump cause I want to read other people's stories, I don't have any of my own but I will soon and I hope I would motivate others the same the others have motivated me.

ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ciro9991 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not lost s much as others itt, about 2.5 stone or 35 pounds in 6 months, and last night went out with mates and saw girls from my old school who never really had anytime for me. They noticed the fat loss and we talked for like 1 hour, got number, and now texting, just goes to show fat loss = more respect from the public and more attention from girls.

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not much to report yet, but expect some stories around October time when I return to uni. I've lost around 14lbs since starting my internship, much of it from my fat ass and jowly face. Should be good to see certain peoples' reactions.

Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rxperiment is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

WOW! I only got through 152 pages so far, but this thread has been the cornerstone of my fat-loss journey.

Started reading Jan 30th, and started my fatloss journey Feb 1st at 262 lbs

Now I'm proud to say I'm as of Feb 28th I'm 18 LBS lighter at 244 lbs. Still got about 55 lbs more to go. I'm hoping to get down another 40 more lbs by May 22nd when I fly back home for my birthday on the 23rd.

Just want to say congratulations to all that have taken this journey. 2lbs or 200lbs. A lifestyle change is an enormous commitment. Proud of all of you and thank you for the motivation you guys provide when I just feel like giving up.

As for me I'll post up once I'm down to 190 lbs.
    Original Weight: 269.9 lbs
    Current Weight: 227.4 lbs

robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) robertk232 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ONLY 152 pages, lol....

Nice work on your weight loss so far.... keep it up!

Originally Posted by Rxperiment View Post
    WOW! I only got through 152 pages so far, but this thread has been the cornerstone of my fat-loss journey.

Started reading Jan 30th, and started my fatloss journey Feb 1st at 262 lbs

Now I'm proud to say I'm as of Feb 28th I'm 18 LBS lighter at 244 lbs. Still got about 55 lbs more to go. I'm hoping to get down another 40 more lbs by May 22nd when I fly back home for my birthday on the 23rd.

Just want to say congratulations to all that have taken this journey. 2lbs or 200lbs. A lifestyle change is an enormous commitment. Proud of all of you and thank you for the motivation you guys provide when I just feel like giving up.

As for me I'll post up once I'm down to 190 lbs.

Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Deserves bump too front page!

Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    . quality thread bump!.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump for summer cut motivaiton
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    now that spring/summer is coming up, i needa look good for the beach

went from 270 to 186

then from 186 to 232 (gained weight back)

now im back at 213

trying to get to 195 and maintain
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

burf2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Life has been so busy (married/ house/ baby) my weight went up to a all time high of 18.5 stone (259) of fat (was killing my back).

I managed in the last 2 months to drop down to 16.8 (236). Only another 2 stone or so to go!

MuirDrill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lost 25 lbs in the last 4 months, Unreal amount of attention from pretty much everyone in my life. the two worst things is:

1. Rands approaching you to talk to you

2. How shallow the world we live in is

bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000) bigollie2006 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So far I have lost ~47lbs, still have 30-40 to go. But I have already noticed a pretty big change. BIGGEST things I have noticed

1. People are nicer to me
    2. More attention from the ladies (seriously I have had to stop going out because they want to hang out ALL the time)
    3. My family thinks I am anorexic lol
    4. I too struggle with the tight clothes problem. I want tow ear clothes that FIT ME, but I always think its too tight and just see a fat dude in the mirror. Guess thats one thing Il have to fix.
    5. Clothes shopping SUCKS. People rarely mention this, but when you dont have an awful lot of money its hard to go out and buy new jeans every month. I have never been smaller except for when I was a kid so I do not own any regular cloths just fat clothes. This has been the biggest issue for me, diet dont even come close to the clothes problem.

Edit forgot one thing I HATE. Compliments! Every time I leave the house someone says something about me "looking alot better than I used to" or something like that. I understand they are trying to be nice but when they say things like that its embarrassing to me that I used to be like that ya know?

Either way I cant wait til I am at 10% and under, thats when things are going to get fun

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dude, I am with you bro..

What REALLY annoys me is when you are somewhere and you are talking to someone who didn't know you when you were a fat cow, and some jackass comes up to you oogling about your weight loss to the other person.

Yes, the compliments do get a little old. I read somewhere in this thread that they wished they could just disappear during the weight loss and reappear at the end.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigollie2006 View Post
    So far I have lost ~47lbs, still have 30-40 to go. But I have already noticed a pretty big change. BIGGEST things I have noticed

1. People are nicer to me
    2. More attention from the ladies (seriously I have had to stop going out because they want to hang out ALL the time)
    3. My family thinks I am anorexic lol
    4. I too struggle with the tight clothes problem. I want tow ear clothes that FIT ME, but I always think its too tight and just see a fat dude in the mirror. Guess thats one thing Il have to fix.
    5. Clothes shopping SUCKS. People rarely mention this, but when you dont have an awful lot of money its hard to go out and buy new jeans every month. I have never been smaller except for when I was a kid so I do not own any regular cloths just fat clothes. This has been the biggest issue for me, diet dont even come close to the clothes problem.

Edit forgot one thing I HATE. Compliments! Every time I leave the house someone says something about me "looking alot better than I used to" or something like that. I understand they are trying to be nice but when they say things like that its embarrassing to me that I used to be like that ya know?

Either way I cant wait til I am at 10% and under, thats when things are going to get fun
    I'm with you on the clothing man, stuff gets expensive. It is worth it though, fitting clothes look A LOT better than baggy clothes. Gotta show off that hard work

And the compliments, well they go both ways: it means people notice a difference. If you look good now, how did you look before? You can think as this of a negative but that doesn't change the facts: you look great NOW!
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hate when people in the thread say "sorry for the long post" and they really only wrote 3 paragraphs lol. The long stories tend to be the most interesting!
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cubbieblue66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm starting to get a bit frustrated at the lack of compliments, myself. My family gives me plenty of compliments, as do a few friends... but those are all people I've told about my attempts to lose weight. I have only told 8 people, but they're the only ones saying anything.

I notice all these little things about how complete strangers treat me and it makes me feel good. But how can I really start feeling great when I've dropped 55 pounds in 4 1/2 months, and I haven't gotten a single "have you lost weight?" yet.

I guess I just need to work harder.
    October 22, 2010 - 290.0 pounds.
    Total loss - 61.0 pounds.

Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2/1: 247.0 | 2/8: 243.0 | 2/15: 241.0 | 2/22: 238.0 | Month Total: -8.0 pounds
    3/1: 239.0 | 3/8: 238.0 | 3/15: xxx.x | 3/22: 234.0 | 3/29: 234.0 | Month Total: -5.0 pounds
    4/5: 233.0 | 4/12: 229.0 | 4/19: xxx.x | 4/26: xxx.x | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5/3: xxx.x

Closed Thread
Page 172 of 268 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast