wedchronicles is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cutting tips pls?

Hi,

I am a 33 year old, 5'9". I was 252lbs on Feb 2017 and now 197lbs on Dec 2017. My goal is to be 170lbs on April 2018. That should put myself in normal range in BMI scale. I know BMI scale isn't everything. I want to loose as much fat as possible and then start focusing on weight training more and bulking (i have been doing Cardio 30 min + 45 mins weight training. 4-5 times a week so far).

What do you guys recommend to cut to? Should I cut to more than 170lbs? Fitbit scale says I am at 21% body fat now (I have no idea how accurate that is). Here is a before and after pic 10 months apart.

Your input is much appreciated!

imgur . com /UVhOj1B

Registered User BecomingSmaller's Avatar
    BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For untrained individuals the BMI is a good indicator, and if you fall into that category aim for a BMI of 22.5
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

54 year old male 6'4
    Jan 2016: 315#, May 2017: 185# 15%
    Next goal: 185# 12%
    #250kchallenge2018

BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the weight loss. Continue burning fat off until you reach your goal weight just like you have been. Since you're 5'9, cutting to 170-175 seems reasonable. Your body fat will go down gradually as you weight train to a lower number (10-12%) at that body weight.