Closed Thread
Page 2 of 268 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Smitno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great subject to discuss to spur some motivation. Thanks!

Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Odin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DJohnson
    It's really messed up how different you are treated just depending on how much energy you have stored on your body for later use.
    ^^ LOL, sig material right there, reps.

AND...

Originally Posted by Angelfish
    G-strings should come with an instruction book - this morning I rubber band pinged it into the ajoining shower room cubicle. I had to put my hand under the separating wall (and yes there was someone in that shower) and feel around to get it back!! I will have to be more careful - I could've taken out a persons eye! LOL
    I am afraid we are going to need pics, I know you are new Angelfish but rules are rules and we have a strict COC here.

I know violence isn't the answer...I got it wrong on purpose.

Chess-playing Musclehead CelticDeath's Avatar
    CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50) CelticDeath will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You know you're starting to look good when a gal flirts with you...and you know that she doesn't prefer guys...

quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50) quickscott will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alot of these responses are really interesting, thanks for taking the time to share your story bump for more input

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1.) I started my weight loss in mid-April of this year, close to the end of my son's school year. When his school ended, I had lost around 25lbs, but it wasn't really showing yet. By the time he went back to school I had lost over 60lbs and the comments/looks from the teachers made me feel great. My favorite comment was from an attractive teacher,who, as she was walking past me down the hall, leaned into me and said, "you look really good!" I had a smile on my face for days. Other teachers who I saw last year, but never really said "hi" to me, have come up and introduced themselves to me this year. lol. Another interesting thing was from the lady that cuts my hair. She sees me every three weeks for haircuts and it wasn't until I wore some shorts and a t-shirt I had not worn in over three years (cause I was too fat) that she asked me if I "had lost some weight, like a lot of weight" (I had lost about 50# by then). She kept doing double takes while she cut my son's hair. I should mention she is really hot, too. She made my day.

As much as I enjoy the comments, I have to use them as inspiration to continue to transform my body. I still have more fat loss to go and in combination with weights, I want to be really impressive next spring/summer when the winter clothes come off.

2.) As for my genitals? Well, I am not really sure why that question is even asked. Let's just say there have never been any complaints.

3.) No negative or jealous reactions that I am aware of...family/friends seem happy I have lost a bunch of weight.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Constantine76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The world is a completely different place for healthy fit looking people. As i have lost well over 150lbs the last few years one thing is for certain.

Men respect you more

Women are ~alot~ more friendlier

People look at me where as before they would pretend i was not there.

I believe confidence has alot to do with it as pointed out. I know that my height and wieght is about the american national average but there will always be remnants of my 400lb body. And i do feel unconfortable when someone stares at the past.

I started out with cardio and my goal is to do triathlons. I have just started weight training and like the results. I have used this board for the nutritional information.

YOU GUYS HAVE THAT DOWN TO A SCIENCE unlike anywhere else.
    Last edited by Constantine76; 10-21-2006 at 08:48 AM.

Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phatdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i definatly have noticed a difference... people feel more comfortable approaching me, i notice alot more girls checking me out... and im not even that skinny yet.. i went from 270 down to 195 and then i sorta sliped on my diet and went back up to 220.. but im back down to about 205 again working at it harder then i ever have with the best diet i've been on.

papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000)
    240 and no women.

179 and still no women.

Oh well.

Some old aquantences don't recognise me which is nice, and I get comments out of the proverbial butt.
    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProWrestling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    People are a lot more friendly with me, and I have a lot less feeling of people ignoring me or being short with me now.

I still have some bad habits of being overweight though. At my highest weight I didn't expect girls (or people in general) to look my way so I wasn't looking either a lot of the time. The other day at the store some girl was looking at me and I had no clue. After she passed my mom hit me and told me she was looking at me. Yeah, thats bad, getting help from the mom. haha.

It's going to be tough to build the confidence back up.
    Male/21/5'11"
    Highest Ever: 315lbs
    02/13/06: 284lbs+
    01/09/07: 181lbs
    -------------------------
    Back On:
    -------------------------
    08-14-07 - 198 lbs

Been off since January, gained about 10-20 pounds, but have maintained that without trying. Now I want to finish what I started!

tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by quickscott
    For those of you that have lost alot of weight tell me if people acted diff. towards you or if you noticed anyother changes with yourself.

Did you get more stares?

Did your genitals change in size?

Did you get negative or jealous reactions fromn friends/family?

Discuss

1.. I have noticed a lot more stares from females....before i lost the weight, I had a rather pudgy face and wouldn't get noticed for the life of me by females....now that I am lean, and have muscles, and my six pack is emerging,....females seem to look a lot more, even if they didn't know me before.

2. sadly...no

3. None hat I noticed...if anything, it encouraged some of my overweight friends to create weight loss goals of their own.

tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000) tonym9428 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    BY the way, great topic...

SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For those of you that have lost alot of weight tell me if people acted diff. towards you or if you noticed anyother changes with yourself.

Did you get more stares?

Discuss
    for me at least, i got stares before. they were just bad stares, like, man how does he get that way or stuff like that ya know? now, i'm not gettin the 'wow' stares yet, i'm still lingering around 22% tryint o break to the teens, but i do get the "wow man have you lost weight" and the awesome "dang dude, you've lost a lot of weight"
    DATE : HEIGHT : WEIGHT : BF% : NOTE
    12-01-04 : 6'2 : 220 : ? : End of Football Season. whey only
    7-20-05 : 6'3" : 225 : ? :Quit football, moved to AR
    5-25-06 : 6'3" : 258 : ? : Herniated disc, began cardio
    9-10-06 : 6'3" : 216 : 26% : Began Weights again
    10-09-06 : 6'3" : 209 : 24% : Doc's orders after injection, no weights

Goal:
    BF%:15
    Current: 20% (11-10-06)

"[Being Christian] is a battle, no one said it's easy, it's a battle, that's why we've got that big book" - John Piper

Jui Jitsu Pro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back in highschool I used to be a bit chunky, so finding a relationship with a female was pretty crappy. In my senior year, that's when I got into weight training and took it more serious, towards the end of the year I finally hit 180lbs from 235lbs.

Anyways, now women look at me and appreciate the hard work I put into my body

VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Did you get more stares?

Discuss
    Backround: went from 5'10 265 BF% FAT to 200 at around 12%. I'm taking a break and planning to get down to a really lean 185 after the new year.

1. I'm pretty shy by nature so I don't really initiate any stares but I have noticed a couple of hot girls checking me out. I'm in such disbelief that an actual pretty girl would find me attractive that I usually just look at the ground lol. That's what being "burly" for so many years does to you.

2. I actually used to think that it was just small flacid but now it's nicely sized :-D

3. Not really, most people are really happy for me.

Transformation-Domination PaLftr's Avatar
    PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PaLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Background: Went from 307lbs at at least 40% bf to my current 220 at around 25%.

Before people wouldn't give me the time of day. I had no friends, no girls interested except this one total slut..and my life sucked.

87lbs later. Life is good. Making tons of friends, beaming with confidence, getting checked out alot, no problems being flirty with good looking women..

It's fantastic.

* I gained an inch on my dick, no joke. The fat around my penis made it appear smaller than it is.
    I

Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    100 pounds later…

Get more stares:
    Before my friends were having all the hot guys attention…
    Now my friends say they feel invisible when I’m around…
    I used to rely on being a nice person … now the “top” guys, the ones who would never even look in my direction, come and ask for my digits.

It even came to a point where I started to be a bit annoyed because not all should be about the way I look.

My husband says he’s never seen so many guys do the double take and so many women sending me the evil eyes. He calls me his trophy wife.

I even find women have a lot more respect with me know.

Jealousy:
    Some have told me my current lifestyle (IE, gym, watching what I eat, etc,) is not **healthy**.
    But did the same persons ever said anything when I was over 200 lbs and out of breath after climbing a few stairs???

A lot have tried to discourage me to start competing… as though they wanted me to fail…well to bad for them I have a big trophy proving that I’m not a looser!

One person in particular invites me for dinner and serves ultra fatty food…

One of the things I have to say is that I still am the same person I just have a smaller shell.

But my radar for finding guys and gals alike who would have been mean and snobby with the “before” me is always on, and I have no respect for people like them. I actually become the snob because I know I am so much better then they ever will be

***By the way I married the ultimate hottie, (when I was fat I never thought a guy like him would ever be interested in me, he was so out of my league) he met me as a fatso and started dating me mid-way into my weight loss... he saw way past my appearance, he actually WANTED the nice girl.

And he says I’m the best investment he’s ever made

brsd4f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brsd4f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brsd4f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brsd4f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seosaid...Wow you look amazing.

that beach picture of you before and after is awesome. You are one hot Mama! ha.
    "Come and see I swear by now I'm playing time against my troubles,I'm coming slow but speeding
    Do you wish a dance and while I'm in the front my play on time is won.Oh but the difficulty is coming here.I will go in this way,And find my own way out
    I won't tell you to stay"
    "Only waiting I wanted to say,I wanted to play,I wanted to love you.I'm only this far,And only tomorrow leads my way."
    "I'm coming waltzing back and moving into your head."

quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While I am not there yet I do get a lot of positive attention now days. When I was over 350 pounds in college I could be on fire and no one would piss on me to put it out. A girl almost pissed her self when she let it be known she was single it was horrible made me feel like a serial killer or something. That same girl is taking me out to help me shop for cloths that I am a normal size.

The attention is out of control somedays. I get stopped at the gym at work even on street. Every one tells me how great I look and a few ask for advice. I am also on the radar of the gym owner and a few of the people who sellf fitness stuff. The gym owner wants me to do a poster of me and get me in the local news paper. It is nuts some days I feel like a freak in a way like I am the only person to ever lose weight with out gasteric bypass. It also gets old tryint to tell people about doing it the right way and they just blow it off because it is not easy or some magic pill.

Once I finish fase 1 soon some time in january and start to bulk I will have some extra time on my hands to try to go out and have some fun with the ladies if any are willing. If you can't enjoy the results what is the point if you know what I mean.

AD Johnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AD Johnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hear fat people moan about being treated differently, and I think all people should be treated with respect. It's just that I've heard someone close to me say that she is the same as she was when she was smaller, and I say bull****. You aren't. Who you are is affected by your appearance. She isn't happy with herself, and it shows in her interactions with people. It shows in her interactions with me. She gets bitchy when she's dealing with some slim PYT. I think it's a manifestation of her jealousy and more fundamentally, her own dissatisfaction with herself.

People want to be around us (the transformed) because we exude an "I'm the ****" aura. We have conquered the fat bug. We're no longer pulling our shirts out of our man boobs- we're working crowds. 80% of the how we now act is internal. It's a result of the physical (the remaining 20%).
    "Thought is degraded action".

The easy work is worthless.

Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brsd4f
    Seosaid...Wow you look amazing.

that beach picture of you before and after is awesome. You are one hot Mama! ha.

thanks a lot dear

SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoonerStud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ha ha today i visited a church i havent been to in about 10 weeks. i love the "have you lost weight" type comments!!!
    DATE : HEIGHT : WEIGHT : BF% : NOTE
    12-01-04 : 6'2 : 220 : ? : End of Football Season. whey only
    7-20-05 : 6'3" : 225 : ? :Quit football, moved to AR
    5-25-06 : 6'3" : 258 : ? : Herniated disc, began cardio
    9-10-06 : 6'3" : 216 : 26% : Began Weights again
    10-09-06 : 6'3" : 209 : 24% : Doc's orders after injection, no weights

Goal:
    BF%:15
    Current: 20% (11-10-06)

"[Being Christian] is a battle, no one said it's easy, it's a battle, that's why we've got that big book" - John Piper

LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Some yes, some no

Mind you, I've still quite a bit to lose, so I'm officially still in the "obese" category. However, I've lost about 100 lbs in the last year, and gained a lot of muscle, which I believe accounts immensely for the smaller dress size and actual body shape (more balanced, whew!)

I began at 320 (perhaps more) at 5'9" no idea the body fat. Currently at 220 and 36% BF. Short term goal is 200 or 30%BF- long term would be 180 and 20-25%BF ideally. And a side of muscles with that, too.

I'd say I'm treated about the same from people who do not know me personally, but that's for other appearance issues other than actual weight. I notice that strangers don't "look" hard at what I'm eating when I'm at a restaurant or check out my groceries like before... but at the same time, I'm also eating and buying differently as well...

Very mucho positive reinforcement from people who know me by sight (like at the gym) or personally. Some serious, serious compliments, and more than a few have asked for tips on how I did it, etc.

The COOLEST part is that tomorrow I'll be showing a lady who is about the size I used to be how to lift freeweights, I'm totally stoked about it, and printed out a bunch of reading material to go with it. I'm too excited...

Buying clothes in regular stores (even if in the lower plus sizes) is FAB!

Family is for the most part positive. I'd have to admit my husband has become a wee bit more jealous than previously. However, it was a quick fix, as all I had to say was "What! Are you saying I wasn't beautiful BEFORE?!" End of conversation. Whew! Well, that and his tendency to bring home bags of total crap instead of actual groceries.

Always had a pretty good self esteem, so that's not had to change much, although I do admit I feel better about myself in terms of being able to actually stick with something for a decent period of time.

Health-wise: no more metabolic syndrome/pre-diabetes. I no longer bite my nails (no idea how that happened), and they actually grow now (amazing how someone who ate so much could be malnourished, but it's true!). More energy and I can BREATHE! Rarely depressed, and almost never truly pissed off (which used to be quite often.) --

Bad affects- I didn't worry about body image when I was very fat. I actually thought of myself as being thinner than I actualy was. Now I think it's not as good as before, which is pretty odd. I'm actually less satisfied with where I am right now than I was a year ago. D'oh, I actually have begun to CARE. scary, no?

youngm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recall, in my fatter days, my "so-called" mates accepted me more... not just my mates, but my uncles and guy cousins too.

Once I lost a LOT of body fat and started looking thinner and more shapely because I was hitting the weights, I noticed an immediate change from my mates, towards me

It's really sad that people cannot be truely happy for your achievements and instead, treat you negatively and alienate you

I believe this was because their girlfriends/wives would always comment on how good I looked after losing all the weight and to some extent, started flirting with me (innocently mind you). My mates got insecure about this and started treating me differently and would do anything to defame my name behind my back, to each other and to their partners.

Well, they are all ex-mates now and I continue to work-out so I can feel better about the person I am and help my self-esteem and confidence (coming from an abusive father figure and all).

Yes, the attention from females has grown dramatically and it's a great high, to get looks and stares from good looking girls, but it's not the sole motivator for my efforts. I do it to stay healthy and build my inner confidence. The extra attention is just a nice bonus

quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quest55720 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by youngm
    I recall, in my fatter days, my "so-called" mates accepted me more... not just my mates, but my uncles and guy cousins too.

Once I lost a LOT of body fat and started looking thinner and more shapely because I was hitting the weights, I noticed an immediate change from my mates, towards me

It's really sad that people cannot be truely happy for your achievements and instead, treat you negatively and alienate you

I believe this was because their girlfriends/wives would always comment on how good I looked after losing all the weight and to some extent, started flirting with me (innocently mind you). My mates got insecure about this and started treating me differently and would do anything to defame my name behind my back, to each other and to their partners.

Well, they are all ex-mates now and I continue to work-out so I can feel better about the person I am and help my self-esteem and confidence (coming from an abusive father figure and all).

Yes, the attention from females has grown dramatically and it's a great high, to get looks and stares from good looking girls, but it's not the sole motivator for my efforts. I do it to stay healthy and build my inner confidence. The extra attention is just a nice bonus
    Sorry to hear about that you are better off with out them anyways. My friends for the most part have cheered me on. They are disapointed time to time when I don't go out and party with them. I can't wait to finish phase 1 so I can go out and have some fun.

Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rodthrower18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProWrestling
    People are a lot more friendly with me, and I have a lot less feeling of people ignoring me or being short with me now.

I still have some bad habits of being overweight though. At my highest weight I didn't expect girls (or people in general) to look my way so I wasn't looking either a lot of the time. The other day at the store some girl was looking at me and I had no clue. After she passed my mom hit me and told me she was looking at me. Yeah, thats bad, getting help from the mom. haha.

It's going to be tough to build the confidence back up.
    This is the same thing im dealing with right now, im down 50lbs looking to drop another 20 before I go on an extremely clean bulk but anyway to the matter at hand...I affectionately call them "fat boy issues" and boy do i have a truckload of em.

For me I was so used to NOT getting attention and affection from females that when I did lose a lot of weight and girls started to show an interest in me I would notice but I would overeact and start to get attatched QUICKLY bc it was something I wasnt used to and wanted to keep, I became afraid of doing anything that would cause me to lose them. I had this little voice in the back of my mind "if you keep doin (insert crap here) then she'll stay bc of how great you are to her". People this is WRONG. I took away the chase I made it to easy for them and in the end i wound up the same way I started, alone. There are a few other issues to get past but for me that was the biggest one and I do mean BIGGEST.

I do notice that ppl are nicer to me they're more willing to walk up to me and just talk and start a conversation and all that cool stuff. Quite frankly I FEEL better to, and that right there really is enough, its nice to not get winded on a 30 second sprint to class or a long walk from the parking lot. Losing weight has definitely given me a better self esteem and im working on building up my confidence bit by bit with iron and protein

I was talking with a female friend of mine(i have lots more of those now) and she said something to me that really struck a chord she said most women find "fat" guys unattractive not mainly bc of their size but bc of the lifestyle it reflects. I'll admit I was a REAL pig on the see food diet with emotional cheat days.

I will say this it frustrates the hell out of me that things are so much diff for me with 50lbs gone. It's great yes but I hate that things are like that at the same time. I hate how im the same person on the inside but because my outer edifice has changed im treated differently. It's a mixed set of emotions truly.

The last thing i'll say in this uber long winded post is I hope everyone that makes the lifestyle changes makes them for the right reasons maybe not at the begining but SOMEWHERE in the journey, bc honestly doing it for the wrong reasons will give you an empty victory in the end. I began by trying to get "revenge", "ill show them!!! i'll look so good and they'll regret doing me wrong" etc etc etc. In the end folks the same ppl that I wanted to get back at A.Weren't worth it and B.Didnt care to begin with. Moral of the story do it for the right reasons, for YOURSELF and your families(you'll live longer to spend more time with them).

Sorry about the tangents, im bad like that just ask my profs

sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sweet_sox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well i have lost around 40 pounds and get compliments from people who i havent seen in awhile all the time. One of my teachers made me stay back for 5 minutes after a class cause he thought i was starving myself. Felt good even though he couldnt just accept that i was doing a proper diet and exercising. As for looks from girls yeah i get plenty, except most are from girls wondering why im looking at them lol. Nah i have noticed a little more attention from the ladies since i lost some weight.
    Im not big boned im just fat
    Gym? Whats a gym?.....Oh a gym
    The meaning of life is to give your life meaning.

-E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, this is a good thread man, im happy for you guys having all these positive changes, good on ya man.

I've lost a little weight but as ive only been cutting for 3 weeks its been nothing drastic, but even that little bit of weight makes a slight difference man, as most of it was off my face, its just weird how this tiniest little difference in look can affect certain things. Stupid things like girls just being more interested in what I have to say, or purposely trying to start conversation with me.

Anyway, im no where near where i want to be yet, so gotta keep slaving away. Keep it up guys.

LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeilaM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^ for some reason, my hands are "cutting" right now. They're starting to get a bit of a "tales from the crypt" look to them. Maybe it's an October thing (lol)

-Leila

youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500) youngike21 is not very helpful. (-500)
    This really is a great thread. I guess I'll tell my story. I had been pretty chubby for most of my life. People liked me cause I was a nice guy, but that wasn't enough to get the looks from the girls. I began lifting this summer and I've seen a noticeable change in my appearance (especially in my face). I smile a lot more and girls respond positively to that. Three weeks ago, a girl in my class asked me to go the homecoming dance with her and a group of other people. It wasn't an official date, but it was my first dance and she went out of her way to ask me. I ended up dancing with about 12 different girls and slow dancing with two. My confidence is way up from what it used to be, but I still have those times where I revert to my old fat boy mentality. Hopefully, I'll get to the point where I can just let loose and be myself 24/7.

Originally Posted by youngike21
    This really is a great thread. I guess I'll tell my story. I had been pretty chubby for most of my life. People liked me cause I was a nice guy, but that wasn't enough to get the looks from the girls. I began lifting this summer and I've seen a noticeable change in my appearance (especially in my face). I smile a lot more and girls respond positively to that. Three weeks ago, a girl in my class asked me to go the homecoming dance with her and a group of other people. It wasn't an official date, but it was my first dance and she went out of her way to ask me. I ended up dancing with about 12 different girls and slow dancing with two. My confidence is way up from what it used to be, but I still have those times where I revert to my old fat boy mentality. Hopefully, I'll get to the point where I can just let loose and be myself 24/7.

Great to hear another story of triumphing over weight loss...good work,.

it seems to all be the changes that one undergoes in the face....it's incredible when I look at old picture of my face as compared to now.......................of course, I, unlike you, haven't had much success with the ladies even with my weight loss, though I do get looks......oh well, I just move on