Kleva Redrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Frustrating Injury

This rugby league season i've been trouble with shin pain, it originally began as shin splints, had to take a few weeks off as it was getting bad and doctor recommended so, came bak played with extra care and it flared back up to what i thought were shin splints (this was towards the end of the season). Went doc at seasons end and got a bone scan and apparently they are stress fractures, he recommended i dnt run or jump for 6 weeks, then ease back into it and if it was to flare up again take 3 days off.

6 weeks ended and i was relieved that i could play some sport and run. Decided to play a game of touch with mates at the park and it seemed to have held up fine, the next day i could feel both my shins throbbing and aching, tried to run on it a week later and same thnig, i had high hopes of training really hard this off season, regaining speed etc. but i feel annoyed and fustrated, any suggestion on how i should try to overcome this problem, strength my calves etc and if anyone has gone through anything similiar and how they have overcome it

Also, i bulked up from last oct to about late feb from 77kgs and now stand at 6'1 and 93kgs, it seems to be mostly clean muscle but just wondering, since i lagged working out legs (i knw im an idiot) and since bulking has affected my speed and agilty, could this injury be a result from bulking?

honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Stretch the hell out of your calves and achilles tendon

Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What boots do you wear? I had some problems with shin splints when using soft ground (metal) studs, but when my feet grew, i was all over a pair of firm/hardground adidas predator (cheap version, of course!) with the red rubber blades.

The studs are maybe a tiny bit shorter, but that doesnt mean too much, but most importantly, they flex and absorb impact, taking stress away from the shins and helping to stop the dreaded pre season shin splints.

r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL LOL

I currently have the exact same problem! Never had shins splints playing rugby. But recently i have started playing football, although on grass the surface is quite hard because of the dry summer. Plus i've been playing with converse sneakers... my shins are paying the price big time.

Only thing i can do is to ice it regularly and apply ibulieve before bed to ease the inflammation. Problems with shins splints is i am not sure if you can strap your leg before a game. Anyone know?

Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nope. Ice is probably the best remedy once it has happened, however, prevention is the ultimate cure.

I highly recommend buying a pair of firm ground boots.

Kleva Redrum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeh, i wear this compression sleeve for my calves they seemed to have helped when i had my shin splints. I would ice my shins, take neurofen and wear the compression sleeves, it helped till i got stress fractures. As for boots i wear Nike Total 90 III with blades instead of metal studs. Very fustrating injury and wondering how long before i should try to run again and is their anything i can do to help prevent this injury such as doing excersises like reverse calf raises etc..