slantedeyez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slantedeyez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slantedeyez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

how to make oatmeal taste good?

i tried instead of water i use tampico orange juice. but i doubt its healthy lol

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    only use boiling water and add Splenda and Cinnamon
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

yubho10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    choco protein powder/1tbsp pb/1c oatmeal/water............freakin delicious
    There's no such word as can't.
    You CAN, it's just hard.

jancha52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jancha52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i use skim milk and brown sugar. ( i know that adds some calories, but i take those into account.)

muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) muscleman12345 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    oatmeal + splenda + cinamom equals great breakfast!

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Da Vinci zero calorie syrups.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tastes great on its own, to me. Sorry.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Apple and cinnamon. It won't need any splenda or other sweetening at all thanks to the apple. Other fruits like peaches might work well too.

I also use regular ol sugar, just two teaspoons (I developed chemical sensitivities to artificial sweeteners), a little salt and a few drops of pure almond extract. The almond really makes it taste awesome, almost like a poppy seed muffin if you like those.

If the oatmeal/rolled oats isn't doing anything for you anymore, give whole groats a try (the whole grain unprocessed version of the oat) or steel cut oats (the groat cut into smaller pieces). They have a little more flavor on their own, good stuff!

slantedeyez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slantedeyez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slantedeyez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so fruit juice isnt a good idea?

PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    too much fructose for flavour IMHO. And i didn't think oats plus juice would taste good....

wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wierzbickik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by slantedeyez
    i tried instead of water i use tampico orange juice. but i doubt its healthy lol
    My Oatmeal:

1/2 cup oats
    1 cup of water
    1 scoop of vanila protein
    2 table spoons of frozen blueberries

Directions:
    1. Place oat,water, berries in a bowl, and put it in the microwave.
    2. Set microwave for 1 min.
    3. Once done, stir oats and repeat step 2.
    4. One done, put the protein powder in and stir until blended in.
    5. Enjoy

With the protein that I use it tastes like eating candy. IT'S AWSOME!!!!
    Writing this is making me hungry!!

kyred has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I do is to grind the oatmeal in a blender and mix it with my protein shake. It also pretty much assumes the flavor of the protein shake.

Yummy protein shake + protein-shake-flavored bits in it = good stuff w/ protein and carbs.

I know quite a few people on these forums do the same thing.

SF-GIANTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by slantedeyez
    You might as well try it with Martinellis apple cider. LOL

Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000)
    I either blend it in with my shake, or, if eating, mash a very ripe banana into it and stir in some nat pb. MMM Mmm mmm

likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) likeke34 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    U know what's really good...

1. Add half a scoop banana creme flavored muscle milk (too much cals for cutting but half scoop keeps the taste with some protein)
    2. add 1 full scoop vanilla protein powder, (never tried chocolate)
    3. cook it with water (i just use the micro)

It's delicious!! IMO

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigStew
    only use boiling water and add Splenda and Cinnamon
    FTW

BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just use Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal w/6 oz of skim milk - nuke it for 2.5 minutes, add a packet of splenda and you're set - tastes great (I like the maple and brown sugar flavor). If you don't like plain oatmeal, I'd try this stuff out. There's a banana nutbread flavor that I'd like to try as well.

I know the hard-core guys will hate this because it's instant and flavored, but the difference is pretty minor in my opinion.

(from Quaker's website)

Ingredients: WHOLE GRAIN ROLLED OATS, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE,MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SALT, OAT FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE, GUAR GUM, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHEN, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SUCRALOSE, NIACINAMIDE*, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, REDUCED IRON, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE*, RIBOFLAVIN*, THIAMIN MONONITRATE*, FOLIC ACID*. *ONE OF THE B VITAMINS CONTAINS MILK AND SOY INGREDIENTS.

Diabetic ExchangesServing Size: 1 Packet (45g)
    Calories: 160
    Total Fat(g): 3
    Protein(g): 7
    Total CHO(g): 0
    Exchange Values:

Calories 160
    Calories from Fat 25
    Total Fat 3g
    Saturated 0.5g
    Polyunsaturated 1g
    Monounsaturated 1g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 310mg
    Potassium 150mg
    Total Carbohydrate 29g
    Dietary Fiber 6g
    Soluble Fiber 4g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 7g

Vitamin A 20%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 10%
    Iron 20%
    Thiamin 20%
    Riboflavin 20%
    Niacin 20%
    Vitamin B6 20%
    Folate 20%
    Phosphorus 15%
    Magnesium 10%
    Brian
    http://www.brianwahlband.com

Current Workout: CrossFit
    Current Nutritional Plan: The Zone

My CrossFit Cutting Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106516441

Numbers 6:24-26

Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000)
    Am surprised at the number of folks mentioning Splenda, yet are "worried" about their diet. Splenda is evil stuff ..... search the web ...... artificial anything ain't worth the effort/risk. **** Splenda, and every other artificial sweetener !!!

por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) por2geez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BJW
    I just use Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal w/6 oz of skim milk - nuke it for 2.5 minutes, add a packet of splenda and you're set - tastes great (I like the maple and brown sugar flavor). If you don't like plain oatmeal, I'd try this stuff out. There's a banana nutbread flavor that I'd like to try as well.

I know the hard-core guys will hate this because it's instant and flavored, but the difference is pretty minor in my opinion.

(from Quaker's website)

Ingredients: WHOLE GRAIN ROLLED OATS, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE,MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SALT, OAT FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE, GUAR GUM, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY LECITHEN, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, SUCRALOSE, NIACINAMIDE*, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, REDUCED IRON, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE*, RIBOFLAVIN*, THIAMIN MONONITRATE*, FOLIC ACID*. *ONE OF THE B VITAMINS CONTAINS MILK AND SOY INGREDIENTS.

Diabetic ExchangesServing Size: 1 Packet (45g)
    Calories: 160
    Total Fat(g): 3
    Protein(g): 7
    Total CHO(g): 0
    Exchange Values:

Calories 160
    Calories from Fat 25
    Total Fat 3g
    Saturated 0.5g
    Polyunsaturated 1g
    Monounsaturated 1g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 310mg
    Potassium 150mg
    Total Carbohydrate 29g
    Dietary Fiber 6g
    Soluble Fiber 4g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 7g

Vitamin A 20%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 10%
    Iron 20%
    Thiamin 20%
    Riboflavin 20%
    Niacin 20%
    Vitamin B6 20%
    Folate 20%
    Phosphorus 15%
    Magnesium 10%
    I discovered this months ago and always recomend it. Lots of fiber and taste, especialy with skim milk. The only negatives are that I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners and I've heard that quick cooking oatmeals and rice aren't quite as wholesome as the slow cooked varieties. My Chiropractor told me that part of what makes them "quick cooking" is a pre-prep process that breaks down some of the complex carbs into simpler carbs.

I plan to eventualy move to slow cooked oats with cinnimon and maybe a pinch of sugar.

Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I add the following items to my oats to make them taste even better:
    -calorie free Torani syrup
    -splenda
    -cinnamon
    -whey protein powder
    -cottage cheese
    -sugar free strawberry jam
    -natural peanut butter
    -crushed almonds
    -berries

Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Doug55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    splenda and cinnamon and sometimes i will get a spoon of peanut butter in a glass and add some skim milk and dilute it untill its runny and then mix it in.

papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000) papagunz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sugar Free Log Cabin Syrup
    Splenda
    Cinnamon
    Skim Milk
    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by por2geez
    The only negatives are that I'm trying to avoid artificial sweeteners and I've heard that quick cooking oatmeals and rice aren't quite as wholesome as the slow cooked varieties. My Chiropractor told me that part of what makes them "quick cooking" is a pre-prep process that breaks down some of the complex carbs into simpler carbs.

I plan to eventualy move to slow cooked oats with cinnimon and maybe a pinch of sugar.
    That's the funny thing about the "instant" oatmeals. Sure, they might cook in 1 minute but a half cup of plain rolled oats cooks in two minutes in a microwave and the plain rolled oats have WAY more flavor.

I get my oats in the bulk/organic section of the store. Even the plain "slow cook" Quaker oats don't come close to the flavor in the natural stuff - in fact Quaker oats tastes like the cardboard it comes packaged in.

I've also added oats to ON Whey protein shakes. It adds a little texture and body, pretty good!