Lubdub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting New Routine - Need Help!!

Hi All, I'm new to this board :-)

I'm a 5'10 170 lbs 22 yr old. As of now I have a bit of a belly and a fat face.

I'm starting a new workout routine. I'm looking to lose some weight (belly and face), get bigger arms, and also get my chest ripped (I don't want to add any more bulk to my chest). So far, I'm gonna start running one mile every morning on my treadmill. How exactly should I work out to achieve that lean fit look?

Thanks for your help

~Lubdubb

dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dk2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well there is no one special routine that is going to work for you.
    you just need start working out. doing your cardio in the morning is a good start. just go in there and pick up the wieghts and maybe just start out by doing a few reps on every machine in the place and get your self a good starting point. don't worry about bulking up or anything like that. as far as the fat face and belly, you cant just burn fat off of specific areas of the body. you burn fat off of the body from everywhere. nutrition and cardio work is going to be the main factor in that.
    the only way to achieve the "fit" look is to lose body fat in order to see your muscles.

i'd say just get started by doing some lifting and cardio, and start doing a ton of reasearch on bb.com and other sources. you'll figure out whats gonna work for you.
    Football isn't a contact sport.......it's a game of violent collisions.

I can do anything through Him who gives me strength. Phil. 4-13

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Starting New Routine - Need Help!!

Originally posted by Lubdub
    Hi All, I'm new to this board :-)

I'm a 5'10 170 lbs 22 yr old. As of now I have a bit of a belly and a fat face.

I'm starting a new workout routine. I'm looking to lose some weight (belly and face), get bigger arms, and also get my chest ripped (I don't want to add any more bulk to my chest). So far, I'm gonna start running one mile every morning on my treadmill. How exactly should I work out to achieve that lean fit look?

Thanks for your help

~Lubdubb
    You can't get bigger arms and at the same time lose fat around your midsection (unless you are a begginer or on roids). So I guess since you don't want any more bulk, you want to start cutting (losing fat/weight)? I will explain this to you in different parts:

DIET
    You want to basically eat 5-6 healthy meals over the course of the day. Some good estimations to figure how much calories and protein to take in are thse:
    Calories:
    bodyweight x 12-14

Protein:
    bodyweight x 1.2-1.4

Keep carbs lower then normal and keep saturation fats in moderation.

CARDIO
    You want to start out with one short session, and work your way up to 3-5 20-40 minute sessions. Some good types of cardio are swimming, running, biking, stair stepper, jump roping, etc.

WORKOUT
    How many times a week can you workout and how many times a week would you like to workout? I suggest a 3 day split but if you want something different thats fine too.

Reply to the questions and I will be able to help you furhter.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raybravo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do early morn cardio , what ur doing is fine , cut carbs at night . keep ur repition range for each set around 6-8 . eat good protein , atleast gram per pound . u will lose weight gradually and look good .
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOUR !

Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
    'Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.'

you must never confuse the faith that you will prevail in the end - with the discipline to confront the brutal facts of your current reality . whatever they might be - the stockdale paradox .