newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working Chest and Back on the same day?

Do you guys think this would be too draining to really focus on both? I"m just trying to put together a split that works around my sports training and am looking for different three day splits.

Assuming this is common ,do most people use supersets, alternate excercisies (i.e. three sets bench, three sets chins, etc.), or just work one muscle thoroughly than the other?

Thanks guys

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Working Chest and Back on the same day?

Originally posted by newguy72
    Do you guys think this would be too draining to really focus on both? I"m just trying to put together a split that works around my sports training and am looking for different three day splits.

Assuming this is common ,do most people use supersets, alternate excercisies (i.e. three sets bench, three sets chins, etc.), or just work one muscle thoroughly than the other?

Thanks guys
    Chest with back is fine. Here is an example split that includes a lot of the basics:

Flat Bench Press 3 sets
    Incline dumbell press 2-3 sets
    Dips (LEANING FOWARD) 2 sets
    Deadlifts 3 sets
    Bent over rows 2-3 sets
    Pullups (palms facing foward and weighted if it can be done over 10 reps) 2 sets

Keep your workouts an hour and under and you should be fine doing chest with back.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

coneytt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So you can work two large body parts together? So since i had to skip my back earlier in the week, I can work it later with my legs or will that be too much..
    SYCHOKID, BRIT_BEEF, BIGNBUFF ARE MY BEST FRIENDS :)

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND SQUAT"

A Proud Member of:
    www.Hardcorebodybuildingontheweb.com
    www.musclemag.com

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by coneytt
    So you can work two large body parts together? So since i had to skip my back earlier in the week, I can work it later with my legs or will that be too much..
    Well, putting back with legs and then going back to your normal split might mess up your recovery time for back. But the answer is yes. You can workout two large bodyparts if you really wanted too. The only thing is that squats and deadlifts on the same day will be a little taxing.

but dead lifts is a part of a leg workout too right? So why would that be a problem?? My back is usually done on tuesdays, you dont think i'll recover by then??

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

but dead lifts is a part of a leg workout too right? So why would that be a problem?? My back is usually done on tuesdays, you dont think i'll recover by then??
    Deadlifts and squas are the most tiring exercises. I know that dadlifts work the legs, but if you can do deadlifts and squats together, then that is fine.

Okay, but if I am hurting tomorow I will tell the Doc Sychokid told me to do it... Just joking, thanks much. Oh yeah, give me a good work out ot do tonight seeing I never worked the two together before. I am limited to on barbell use do to my dumbelss haven't been delivered yet.

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I treid supersetting chest and back a few times, but it just took too much energy. They are two big muscles that need alot of sets and for me, it was just too much,
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

???

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Okay, but if I am hurting tomorow I will tell the Doc Sychokid told me to do it... Just joking, thanks much. Oh yeah, give me a good work out ot do tonight seeing I never worked the two together before. I am limited to on barbell use do to my dumbelss haven't been delivered yet.
    Haha . Remember though, this might be a little intense . I really can't organize your workout because I don't know how you will feel. So just oput these exercises into your workout in the order you wish.

Squats 3 sets
    Deadlifts 3 sets
    Bent over rows 3 sets
    Pullups (palms facing foward and weighted) 2 sets
    Stiff legged deadlifts 2 sets
    Calf raises 3 sets

Remember, what ever you can't do and want too change, you can.

Originally posted by Burnie
    I would like to shake the hand of someone who could get through that with any degree of intensity
    If you looked at the part before I gave my split, I said that you can take out anything you want and pick any order you like too. I told him he probably wasn't going to be able to do that.

Originally posted by Burnie
    I know...I wasn't in any way, shape, or form picking on what you had to say. You give great advice and and put in a lot of your time and effort to help others on here and I bow respectfully to you.
    Oh sorry. I don't know why I have been acting like such an ass lately . I think i'm on these boards too much . Like I said before, sorry.

costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

chest and back is fine just limit exercise's

I workout chest and back on Monday's, here is what it looks like

Dumbbell Press
    Dips

BACK:
    bent rows
    lat pulldowns
    Darkhead

Re: chest and back is fine just limit exercise's

Originally posted by costasoldatos
    I workout chest and back on Monday's, here is what it looks like

Dumbbell Press
    Dips

BACK:
    bent rows
    lat pulldowns
    Do you do deadlifts with legs?

arb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've been doing back\chest on the same day because i can't make it to the gym more frequently to split them.

i've been doing (in this order):

4 x deadlift
    4 x incline DB press
    4 x barbell rows (alternating every other week with 4 x weighted pullups)
    4 x weighted dips

i'm making gains but it is extremely draining.

newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks guys, I think I'll give it a try and see how it works out.