Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd sware I had kept it a secret. Buffalo burgers. When cutting for a show I would make up a dozen at a time cooked and wrapped. I'd take about four to work in my cooler and eat one every 2 hours. Early dawn workout was a whey and water protein drink. PWO was a bowl of oatmeal with added fiber and an 8 egg white omlette with salsa. Dinner was a giant green salad with flax oil and redwine vinegar plus a piece of chicken breast or fish. 300 grams plus. Man...sure glad those days are behind me. Still love Trader Joes and Buffalo burgers. Momma Snake says they taste like horse meat...how does she know that??

May I add... I would have died for the genetics of Someday and Most. With my goofy ass symetrics and bird thin bones I would have peed my pants standing next to either one of you dudes on stage.

Hint....remove the fur before BBQing those burgers.

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squit included...great genetics!!

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Baldsnake
    Squit included...great genetics!!
    *chuckle* don't include me with with those big-boned guys, I'm as bird-boned as a china doll - with tiny little wrists that drive me nuts

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Baldie - you're eyesight is failing you now!! lol I would have looked like a runner next to you on stage. Tell ya what, maybe when you're 75 I'll do a show with you so that I have a fighting chance.

And I think Chris just called me fat. LMAO!

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shylock
    You mean 10 eggs make only 40grams of protein? thats not much

10 eggs would be 60g of protein, 6g each.

Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone on here have any studies that prove 2-3 grams of protein produce greater gains in muscle mass in natural athletes than say .8-1.5 g per ound of bodyweight. I know that protein is important, but more to this extent inst good. The recommendation for elite power lifters is 0.8 grams of protein per KILOGRAM of bodyweight. 400 grams in a day is outrageous, unless you are juicing hardcore and have nothing better to do with your money!!! Just my opinion though...if anyone can produce and evidence to support these claims then i will give them props and appologize!
    Exercise Physiologist
    Personal Trainer- www.The Fitnesst.com
    Future Physical Therapist
    Beverly International User
    Life long athlete
    Vitamin World Sales Associate

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    YSU?

Class of 1992

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Someday
    And I think Chris just called me fat. LMAO!
    Hardly *lol* I'm sure that standing next to you would something like this

~ Chris

Originally Posted by Skibird93
    Does anyone on here have any studies that prove 2-3 grams of protein produce greater gains in muscle mass in natural athletes than say .8-1.5 g per ound of bodyweight. I know that protein is important, but more to this extent inst good. The recommendation for elite power lifters is 0.8 grams of protein per KILOGRAM of bodyweight. 400 grams in a day is outrageous, unless you are juicing hardcore and have nothing better to do with your money!!! Just my opinion though...if anyone can produce and evidence to support these claims then i will give them props and appologize!
    Since you're asking others to produce evidence, do you have any evidence for your own claims or is it just a matter of having us take your opinion at face value while we scamper about doing research for you?

~ Chris

38joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skibird93
    you're kidding ? you think they grow , have strength with just 0.8gr per kg ? lol !!!!!!
    these guys eat like crazies.
    dont exepect much gain at all unless you go to 1gr/lb and above. and if you juice, either you'll grow faster with this or even bigger of course with more.

i'm not advocating protein powders in themselves as they should only be used as supplements ABOVE 3-4 good protein meals (eggs fish steak chicken whites ). the body needs meat.

Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orion35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's a "chicken white"? Is this just white meat chicken, like chicken breast?

Often I see people advise against using whey as the major source of protein. But they rarely provide the reason behind this statement. I have to assume, that it's because whey is not a complete source of amino acids, and therefore most is not used towards building muscle. Correct?

I also noticed that people often emphasize their protein intake, when really it's each meal that should be the emphasis. Obviously you need FIBER with a high protein diet, and when you consider this it also addresses the concern of how it is possible to eat so much protein.

For example, I always eat broccoli with tuna. Or brown rice with ground beef/turkey. I also eat oats with a whey shake.

One other thing I wanted to comment on is how "Most people succeed in training well enough to grow, but they fail in eating well enough to grow." (To borrow a quote from this great article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi41.htm)

I recently started a part time job that is extremely physically demanding. I'm always exhausted all day, all night, and from that article I discovered I was burning way more calories than I thought. More importantly I was seriously undereating.

I think the reason so many have a problem getting a handle on a proper diet, is that it's not as simple as planning a weight training schedule. And people prefer simplicity, especially when they want an answer to a question. :P Unfortunately, simple answers tend to only create more questions. There is no simple answer to nutrition.

I'm around 300g protein/day so far. It's my goal to get up to 400g of protein (I'm 37, 6', 210 lbs., 20% body fat). The past 2 weeks I changed my diet (was on keto). My meals have been:
    1 can of tuna, 2 tbsp. mayo, 1 cup of broccoli (30g protein)
    1/2 cup of brown rice, 1/2 lb. ground beef, 1/2 can of manwich (50g protein)
    3/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 banana, 1 scoop whey protein (32g protein)
    1/2 cup of brown rice, 1/2 lb. of ground turkey, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 can of manwich (50g protein)
    3/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 banana, 1 cup of milk, 1 scoop whey protein (32g protein)
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese (14g protein)
    1/2 cup of brown rice, 1/2 lb. of ground turkey, 1/2 can of manwich (50g protein)
    1/2 cup of brown rice, 1/2 lb. of ground beef, 1/2 can of manwich (50g protein)

I'm thinking of cutting out the manwich because it's got 35g of sugar (high fructose corn syrup). I used it as part of the bulking plan outlined by pu12en12. He also reccomends 2g protein per lb. bodyweight, so that's why I'm shooting for 400g. As well as stating, "It is NOT efficient to try and lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time." (Which explains the 1 gallon of milk in his bulking diet, too) Also I know I could find a better source of fat than mayo, but flax or fish oil is too unpleasant to taste on food I have to chew a lot. If it's in my whey shake, or cooked into my beef/turkey, no problem.

I have a lot of cold-pressed coconut oil that I used in my whey shake while I was in keto. Would this still be a good idea to use (1 tbsp.) in my whey shakes? I seem to have read somewhere that coconut oil is a healthy fat source, just not as ideal as fish and flax seed. Coconut oil does offer a form of fat that fish and flax seed oil lack, I believe. I enjoyed it because I always drink chocolate whey, and the coconut compliments it very well.