Thread: rugby strength?

BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50)

rugby strength?

i play rugby (row rower)

i heard that low body height driving in rucks, mauls ect... is all in the glutes and legs? true or is it a combination?

andy58411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy58411 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    True to a point. If your going to rook, maul and tackle well, your need all aspects of training. Your fitness comes into it, if your tired after a couple of breakdowns then your not going to be effective during the rest of the game. Yes the power for driving comes from your legs, but a good upper body strength helps as well. Technique can make up for any lack of size or power, for example, getting low and driving up, lifting the leg of the person your tackling. There are some great rugby related articles on bbc.co.uk website, also search the internet for position specific training. I am a scrumhalf, but the fact I have a fair bit of size means that I can act as a forward at breakdowns when I am there first there with no support. Learning techniques such as bridging (slightly illegal!!) and how to properly present will make you a great player, as well as having a good overall fitness and strength.

Hit them hard enough so they don't get up in a hurry! That's my moto. Oh and a good old fashioned shoeing never hurt!

Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Oh and a good old fashiones shoeing never hurt!" you say?

well, i have some scars to prove that it does in fact bloody hurt!

Lower body strength all over plus a huge core strength will aid you a ridiculous amount. Look at Neil Back. A midget by forwards standards, but an absolute brick wall when it came to rucking etc.

BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeNnYAUSSIE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeh, i hate getting ruck in the face or the back..stings kinda.....but i love it.

Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the worst is the undeliberate kickings you take, or a shin to the face from someone getting driven back when you are stranded under two fat people.

burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) burg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My head is ****** from rucks!! I've cracked my chin, dislocated a jaw and got a scar on my eyebrow from one absolute ****** stamping on my face continuosly, i then fractured a knuckle hitting him:P Ive also got a few lumps, bumps and cracks on my head from where ive been in a ruck and some one stamps over. But God i love this game!!
    ♂Nice Ass Crew♀ ∫ Ballz Deep

Its Great

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    legs and core for agility, stability and power. upper body to help in breaking tackles and getting off the blocks of other players. i dont know enough about rugby to give a definite answer, but from what i have seen, its a lot like football so just follow the same advice as a football player would and you should be alright.

r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need powerful legs to drive, they're also important for tackling too. But your upper body needs to compliment it. If your legs are too strong your upper body is gonna suffer a bit. Your hitting folks hard because you can drive up with your legs, but if your upper body is lacking will it be able to take the force?

But most people with big legs usually have a big upper body to boot!

Your lower back and abs need to be strong too. E.g. for stability.

Just play and love the game

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    With any sport, you need a well rounded phsyique. Deads, squats and bench baby.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel