Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) catmando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Steve Irwin dies

He was filming an underwater segment when a sting ray's barb pierced his heart.
    The world is just a little darker now without him.

RIP Steve
    Free Bradley Manning.

Friedmanism is to economics what intelligent design is to evolution.

ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah that really sucks.

I feel bad for him...how ****ing freaky is it that a stingray, of all things, killed him?

To be honest though, you kinda could guess that he would die by nature like that...but a sting ray? I heard on the news only one person before in history has been known to be killed by one. How ironic and sad is that?

I'll miss the guy. He had ****ing balls, I'll tell you that.

Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Seeing as he had a child to raise the man is a fool.
    If the human mind were simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it- Emerson Pugh.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dr Triceps
    I suppose you would rather be a bookworm locked safely away in a non threatening cubicle? He made it to age 44 before anything happened is how I see it.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Triceps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cowboyathlete
    I suppose you would rather be a bookworm locked safely away in a non threatening cubicle? He made it to age 44 before anything happened is how I see it.
    My point is there are things that mean more to a father than jumping on croc's in the outback. When I was 21 I was at the bars and driving home drunk as hell. I have children so I eliminated unnecessary risks. Irwin, who also held his child in croc pits, saw it differently. So his son has no father. If you were able to ask him if it was worth it I'll wager he'd say no.
    If the human mind were simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it- Emerson Pugh.

Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I remember watching his show all the time when I was young he was absolutely awesome. I do not neccasarily see him as a fool, yeah, that one crocidile incident tainted his image. On the otherhand people die crossing the street, rescuing stray dogs, Getting in car accidents, playing star wars for ****s sake, eating food, hiking, drinking, sleeping, probabley even taking a ****, but I am still going to take a ****, eat food, drink, drive a car, cross the street, but let me tell you I am staying the hell away from star wars.
    I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things they fear to do, provided they keep doing them until they get a record of successful experience behind themselves.

_AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    like I said before, everyone will oneday go away from this life.

he was a cool and adventurer person, may god have mercy on all of us

Originally Posted by Whingman
    I remember watching his show all the time when I was young he was absolutely awesome. I do not neccasarily see him as a fool, yeah, that one crocidile incident tainted his image. On the otherhand people die crossing the street, rescuing stray dogs, Getting in car accidents, playing star wars for ****s sake, eating food, hiking, drinking, sleeping, probabley even taking a ****, but I am still going to take a ****, eat food, drink, drive a car, cross the street, but let me tell you I am staying the hell away from star wars.
    Yes, people die from ordinary events everyday...so why add to it by doing worthless things like tackling animals in the wild when you have a young child? All he did was tell us things we already knew, this snake does this, this croc does that...we know.
    He just got off on the adrenaline rush and so did the people watching him, nothing more, nothing less. That's cool, unless you have bigger responsibilities, IMO...

~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really liked this guy. He had a deep appreciation for nature and animal life. Must respect him for that. Rob Bretl is another aussie who is deeply connected to nature.

Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob_Ross42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Whingman
    , probabley even taking a ****,
    thats how my grandma died
    ----------------------------------

Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000) LethalOnGuitarZ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Should he have locked himself in a room his whole life to evade any danger of death at all? There's more chance getting killed in a damn car accident... are you going to abstain from driving as soon as you have kids?

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    So everyone in the armed forces, pro football(see Mike Utley), motorsports, big game hunters, firefighters, police officers are all fools? What about people who drive the freeway EVERYDAY to work? What do you do for a living?
    DC-Best legs ever in the Pacific Northwest!!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally Posted by MonsterG8r
    So everyone in the armed forces, pro football(see Mike Utley), motorsports, big game hunters, firefighters, police officers are all fools? What about people who drive the freeway EVERYDAY to work? What do you do for a living?
    Read post #8...

MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000) MonsterG8r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read post #8...
    Worthless things?? He owned and ran a Zoo. He did this as an addition. He was filming a normally docile sea creature. Even the doctor said he's never seen anyone killed by a stingray. We swam with them in Tahiti on our honeymoon. Freak accident.

Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Couldbebigga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, people die from ordinary events everyday...so why add to it by doing worthless things like tackling animals in the wild when you have a young child? All he did was tell us things we already knew, this snake does this, this croc does that...we know.
    He just got off on the adrenaline rush and so did the people watching him, nothing more, nothing less. That's cool, unless you have bigger responsibilities, IMO...
    Go easy mate. He was filming a segment for his daughters TV show. He was swimming over a stingray, something done thousands of times by documentary makers without trouble. For some reason the ray was spooked and hit him straight in the heart. This was probably the least risky thing he'd ever done and he was doing it for his daughter. Read a little.

His daughter is only 8 and he's taught her more in that time than most fathers teach their kids in a lifetime of sitting on the couch and being scared of life.

subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Couldbebigga
    Go easy mate. He was filming a segment for his daughters TV show. He was swimming over a stingray, something done thousands of times by documentary makers without trouble. For some reason the ray was spooked and hit him straight in the heart. This was probably the least risky thing he'd ever done and he was doing it for his daughter. Read a little.

His daughter is only 8 and he's taught her more in that time than most fathers teach their kids in a lifetime of sitting on the couch and being scared of life.
    Good post. I would rep ya but i dont think it counts when someone in the red reps someone?....

ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ukgent2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only 2 people in history, including steve, have been known to have been killed by sting rays.

It really was about as risky as swimming with dolphins.

I really, honestly don't think he would regret doing it had he still been alive.

I'm talking about unnecessary risks, like jumping into a river to tackle a croc when there are other ways to do it. It was all about the rush, as was his show. Most people said "He'll get his" and he did...the ray was spooked because a guy was swimming next to it, most likely yelling "crikey!!"

I'm talking about unnecessary risks, like jumping into a river to tackle a croc when there are other ways to do it. It was all about the rush, as was his show. Most people said "He'll get his" and he did...the ray was spooked because a guy was swimming next to it, most likely yelling "crikey!!"

That makes no sense. He wasn't killed by jumping in a river to tackle a croc.

Stingrays and humans have been swimming together for years....hell you can pet them at sea world.

In case you missed it: TWO PEOPLE, including steve, have been killed as far as we know in the history of time by sting rays. thats not unessecary risk, thats just a pure freak accident.

and no one i know said ''he'll get his''. You would be talking like he is some sort of criminal or something, when he just loved nature and wanted to teach the world about it. If you said that, then you're a jack ass for wishing harm on a guy who did stuff out of love that you never would. Im saying that about anyone who said that, not particularly just you.

His lifestyle got him. Would you repeatedly jump in rivers at night to grab a croc while your wife was alone in a tiny boat watching? I doubt it...because you are sane!!!!!

His lifestyle got him. Would you repeatedly jump in rivers at night to grab a croc while your wife was alone in a tiny boat watching? I doubt it...because you are sane!!!!!
    but did that kill him? No.

what about the hundreds of people who swim with stingrays daily? are these daredevils risking their lives?

He seemed like a loving, genuine guy who loved both his nature and his family.

Maybe his lifestyle would have got him eventually, but this was a freak accident. It wasnt jumping into a crocs mouth or picking up super venmous snakes...if it was, you would have had a point.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It wasnt even a stunt. The string ray just went up and stung him, a big accident really. Hes like the 3rd to die in austrlian waters due to sting ray deaths.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

Do you like nascar?? What about watching shuttle launches?? What kind of fool would get in a space shuttle after 2 have blown up?? Who would drive a racecar after what happened to Dale Earnhardt? Who would watch that stuff knowing that at anytime one or more could die on live tv?? What is it you do again?

BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigJohn308 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My point is there are things that mean more to a father than jumping on croc's in the outback. When I was 21 I was at the bars and driving home drunk as hell. I have children so I eliminated unnecessary risks. Irwin, who also held his child in croc pits, saw it differently. So his son has no father. If you were able to ask him if it was worth it I'll wager he'd say no.
    Do you drive? If so you need to stop now because you have children to raise and driving kills far more people percentage wise than anything we do. Now am I suggesting you really quit driving? Of course not , just pointing out that if we eliminate risks based on likely death that there are far more dangerous things than anything Steve irwin did. Some freaky things as well, like people dieing from ballpoint pens and such.
    5'10" 285#
    Raw lifter, aspiring BJJ artist, 41 yrs old

"We each have within us the greatest power of all, the power of choice"-John Crone Jr. 2001

Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Horseradish is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If Steve Irwin is insane and a fool for taking risks despite having a wife and kids, then so are police officers, firefighters, soldiers, medics, construction workers, etc. Do you hope that they all die so that they learn their lesson?

If you think Steve Irwin was just an adrenaline junkie who tackled crocodiles just for a rush, then you don't know that much about him or what he stood for. He committed his life to helping wildlife and to capturing it on camera so that people like you and I would develop and understanding and respect for nature. Even if he seemed a little over the top at times, it was not in vain because it helped spread his message across the world. He died in a freak accident with an animal that is not typically violent or deadly.

Because of his love and respect for nature, and his ability to spread awareness about conservation, poaching, ecology, etc., his wife and children know that their dad was a selfless man who wanted to make the world a better place for everyone.
    100% Natural

I never said he wasn't loving or genuine, I said he was irresponsible.
    What the main attraction of his zoo? Him taunting crocs...just throw the food in, you don't need to go in the water and tell us how mean the croc is.

NASCAR crashes are the same thing, and the shuttle launches aren't irresponsible.
    Again, the point is that he had a child. Take every risk you want but if you have children you are risking more than yourself. So if you have children, don't tackle crocs or swim next to things that can kill you...If you do, I'll shred you in this forum when you get yours...

Originally Posted by Horseradish
    If Steve Irwin is insane and a fool for taking risks despite having a wife and kids, then so are police officers, firefighters, soldiers, medics, construction workers, etc. Do you hope that they all die so that they learn their lesson?

If you think Steve Irwin was just an adrenaline junkie who tackled crocodiles just for a rush, then you don't know that much about him or what he stood for. He committed his life to helping wildlife and to capturing it on camera so that people like you and I would develop and understanding and respect for nature. Even if he seemed a little over the top at times, it was not in vain because it helped spread his message across the world. He died in a freak accident with an animal that is not typically violent or deadly.

Because of his love and respect for nature, and his ability to spread awareness about conservation, poaching, ecology, etc., his wife and children know that their dad was a selfless man who wanted to make the world a better place for everyone.

I'm talking about irresponsible risks. He could have made his point without such risks. But he didn't, so he's dead.

Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No I wouldn't do that because I am a different person then Steve, I like nature and all but I am not a wild life junkie. Everyone has a personality and certain charachteristics that make them well suited to do certain things. There are some people that absolutely love to read books and do research. Then there are some people who don't live in books, instead they have books written about how they lived, instead of reading about expirences, they have expirences.

About a month ago I went river rafting, I arrived at this camp and the first thing I saw was a girl with blood all over her body, she had cracked ribs and a collapsed lung. I still went river rafting the next day, one of the guys I was with fell out of the raft, I didn;t think this might be dangerous take me back to shore, no I jumped forward and pulled him in the damn boat. My mom thought I was foolish aswell, river rafting was an unneccasary risk. Hell, roller coasters are an unneccasary risk. But you know what, I will go again, it really isn't that dangerous, although probabley more dangerous then swimming with sting rays. But I would say it is even more foolish to live life paralyzed by fear.
    I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things they fear to do, provided they keep doing them until they get a record of successful experience behind themselves.

I'm talking about irresponsible risks. He could have made his point without such risks. But he didn't, so he's dead.

Well, you seem to not be getting that this was a freak accident. It's not like he put his head in a croc's mouth and then some bystander said ''OMGZ LOOK IT JUST BIT HIS HEAD OFF!!!''.

It was a ****ing sting ray. A STING RAY. People swim with them all the time.

I know you didn't get it the first 50 million times but I thought I'd give it one more try.

Let me put it this way. What Irwin did for a living was equivalent to a police officer going into a shoot-out without a vest or back-up.
    Should that officer do that, he is an idiot.