kittbutterfly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Reset Metabolism?

Hi I am not new here, I have been lurking for a while now. I have gathered alot of information about proper eating and working out. I have hit upon a problem though and need some help. I seem to just keep gaining body fat (not just weight/muscle) no matter how smart I train. I went from 150 to 128 and now at 138. At first I cut my calories to low(1300 calories) and lost weight, I took them back up and have been gaining weight slowly over the past 2 months. Then these last two weeks I decided to not workout and eat at maintaince or a little over to see if that really was my maintance numbers or not and I gained 3% body fat in those two weeks. I went from 134 to 138. What is wrong here, did I damage my metabolism and now I am yoyo dieting without meaning to. For the past 3 months I have been bouncing between 1600-2000 calories, I can't see how that is starvation. My diet is pretty good, even if it wasn't bodybuilding pre-contest perfect, its in no way a diet to fat storing.

Breakfast/Oatmeal and egg whites
    Pre Workout/Chicken Wrap and fruit
    Post Workout/Whey and Dextrose or Chicken and rice or sweet potato
    Dinner-Turkey or chicken with vegtables
    Last meal-Salmon and Vegtables

5'5 Female
    138 pounds
    I do a Push/Pull routine 4 days a week
    I do cardio of different types 3 days a week

I haven't gained like any muscle and what I do gain it goes away really fast. PLEASE HELP ME. When i eat more I ballon up but I don't think I am starving, if I am how to I fix it to where I can try to lose fat again?

Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your diet looks alright ...but you are lacking pretty hard in the healthy fats..or any fats for that matter...i would say have a little more fat in ur diet. Your number of calories is not bad...but you should realise that some people who are 170lbs diet at around 2000 calories a day...considering your small size i would say stick the lower end of the spectrum if your not gifted with a fast metabolism.

Also you should look at the intensity of your workout and possibly the effectiveness of what your doing.. Do you do lifts like squats ad deadlifts and bench press?...if not i recommend that you start...especially squats and deadlift..
    "I shoot I score, He shoots I score" - Dan Gable

"Doesn't it say in the bible...
    And on the fifth day God invented iron for man to lift. And lift it he did. And strong he did become. And good he found this to be. And God said unto He, go and lift and be strong and be good.

stop wishing and get lifting." - joekerr31

I take fish oil everyday so i get my good fats. My ratio right now is 40/25/35.

My intensity is good i think. I don't wimp it around the gym. I do high compound movements (chin ups, squats, deads, bench) And my cardio I do HIIT usually twice a week. I also do sports with friends and such.

Even if 1700 calories is my range, I mean I shouldn't be putting on weight like this, its very "yo-yo" effect. That makes me think I am not eating enough if that happens. But I slowly increased my calories, then eating at maintaince. I am hungry all the time and its not just boredom. I am just not sure what to do.

*bump* off to workout

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    The best metabolic reset is a good length clean bulk. I think 8-12 weeks is ideal but you can probably get away with something like 4. Eating even healthier foods than you normally do with a calorie level that will put on half a pound a week, no more. Lifting and cardio are still vital (cardio just to keep good cardiovascular conditioning for your next cut). Twenty minutes of cardio twice a week with high intensity would be great.

I wouldn't trust the bodyfat testing, you may just be holding extra water, but its not a suprise you'd gain at least some weight while not working out anymore.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000)
    www.tomvenuto.com Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Buy it, and treat it like your BIBLE for fitness.

It will help you to answer your own questions and come to understand your own body.

It's the most comprehensive fitness guide I've ever seen. As you can see, I highly recommend it.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Amris
    www.tomvenuto.com Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. Buy it, and treat it like your BIBLE for fitness.

It will help you to answer your own questions and come to understand your own body.

It's the most comprehensive fitness guide I've ever seen. As you can see, I highly recommend it.
    Amazing e-book.

When someone with 1337 rep power tells you it's good, it's gotta be good.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Amris

Amris i agree with you. I LOVE that book, finished it in 2 days. My two bodybuilding bibles are BFFM- Tom Venuto, and Arnold Schwarzenegger: The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding (he has got every detail down to a t)!!!!

Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DJohnson
    Amazing e-book.

When someone with 1337 rep power tells you it's good, it's gotta be good.
    LOL, everybody that hates me is repping me as much as they can to try to get me out of 1337 status!

JK!

Thanks alot I will get that book and do a clean bulk. I don't mind gaining a little fat as long as I gain some muscle with it ya know. I think I have just been dieting to long and need to eat some for a while. But I needed someone to say that this was okay and a good way to add some lean muscle and be able to cut down afterwards. Thanks alot guys.