Debby_carlson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I want to start firming my body-HELP!!

Anyone willing to take the time for a 42 year old mom that has had 7 children to help me start to prep my body and help me look hot again???

I am willing to work out, eat right and anything else I have to do if anyone could guide me along???????

Thanks so much
    Debby

Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, Debbie, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure that once you get into the gym the members here will answer any questions you might have. There are many very experienced and knowledgeable posters on this forum.

If I were you, I wouldn't get 'blinded by science' at this stage, just think about what your goals are going to be, join a gym (where they will probably ask you the same questions and give you a start-up programme) and the rest will follow. Do you want to lose/gain weight? Build muscle? Do cardio? How much do you know about the basics of a good diet and calory intake? Where, if at all, does your diet need improvement?

Good luck,
    Ruth.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi Debby,

Welcome to the board.

Seven children and you still have time to work out? I'm very impressed.

To start with, keep it simple. Concentrate on eating clean: lots of fresh whole food with as little processed junk as possible. Don't starve yourself, that doesn't help at all.

Since you are obviously going to be pushed for time, I'd reccommend that you think about weight training. You won't build big muscles, but you will give yourself a good shape, as well as functional strength. Plus, you will burn more calories with extra muscle. Concentrate on compound exercises like squat, deadlift, bench press, stiff-leg deadlift, rows, overhead press. Keep the weights light until you are sure you are doing them properly, then increase the weights to the point where you can do between 8-12 before you lose form.

I suspect that with 7 children, you spend a lot of time in a car running them around. Try doing some of that running on a bike with the older children, or walking with the younger ones.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) fitnfirm has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    welcome to the forum You will meet tons of wonderful people here!

Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000) Amris is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is the absolue best place to start: www.burnthefat.com

Tom Venuto's book is the first step that I would advise anyone to take who is considering starting into this arena.

He teaches you how to set PROPER goals.
    He teaches you how to adjust your diet for YOUR body type.
    He teaches you what exercises to use, and even gives a basic starting program.
    He explains the way your body works, how to find your caloric needs, and explains about "starvation mode," etc.

In short, it's the most comprehensive book I've seen on becoming HEALTHY and looking fabulous.

To try to tell you in a post or two where to start, and what to do... well, I'll be honest with you, that's overwhelming and too much to ask.

But I CAN give you an e-book that will do it all for you, and then you are more than welcome to come here and say, "this says this or that, and I don't get it" and THOSE questions are 100x easier to answer!

But... "what do I do, where do I start, give me a diet, give me a workout, help!" is just.... overwhelming. For me, for you, for other readers.

So. This is my help to you- get Tom's book! It changed my life, and it has incredible, well-written information in it. If you're genuinely serious about this, don't wait, get the book, follow it like the gospel.

(I am not affiliated, yada yada, I just highly recommend it because it works!! EDIT: And because it's cheaper than getting a personal trainer, who may well put you onto the old mythological "tons of cardio and tons of light weights" which will just turn you into a skinny fat person.)

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is a great book! Why don't you start a journal? That has helped me a lot!