thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My cutting diet, am I on the right track?

Meal one:
    8 hard-boiled egg whites
    1 cup of old fashioned quaker rolled oats
    1 table spoon of olive oil
    meal totals: 38 protien/54 carbs/20 fat/550 calories

Meal two:
    Chicken breast
    1 cup of long grain brown rice
    1 cup of spinach
    1 table spoon olive oil
    2 fish oil capsules
    meal totals: 55 protein/44 carbs/18 fat/555 calories

PWO Shake:
    2 Scoops ON whey protien
    1 scoop of dextrose
    meal totals: 48 protein/48 carbs/430 calories

PWO meal:
    Chicken breast
    1 cup of spinach
    1 table spoon olive oil
    2 fish oil capsules
    meal totals: 55 protein/44 carbs/18 fat/555 calories

Meal 5:
    Chicken breast
    1 cup of spinach
    2 fish oil capsules
    meal totals: 55 protein/44 carbs/3 fat/435calories

Meal 6:
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup spinach
    meal totals: 50 grams of protien/200 calories

WHOLE TOTALS: 2725 calories/301 protien/234 carbs/59 fat

My stats: 5'11, 204 pounds, around 18-19% bodyfat.
    My activities: On Monday, wednesday and friday I do 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio on the elliptical and on tuesday, thursday, and saturday I do Rippetoes starting strength 3x5, and I take sunday off.

So how is my diet? Thank you in advance.

plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think your meal plan is really good and very healthy (although, I would say eat a little less if you're trying to cut, but that's just me).

The thing I recommend is to up your exercise. You really need to be working out more.

30 minutes of cardio is not enough.

To really enter the "fat burning" zone, you need to go for at least 45 minutes. The thing is, when you do cardio, you spend 15 - 25 minutes burning the calories you just ate. So, if you want to burn fat, then you need to get past the point where your body stops drawing energy from stored glycogen and begins to draw energy from stored body fat.

I recommend you go lift weights for at least 30 minutes, and then jump on the cardio machine. If your gym has a Stairmaster escalator-looking machine, then use that instead of the elliptical machine. Both are easy on your knees, but the Stairmaster will burn way more calories. Give it a try, and you'll notice the difference immediately.
    Last edited by plik; 09-04-2006 at 12:25 PM.

PeteyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PeteyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PeteyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PeteyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PeteyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, the diet is way off. You need to remove the starchy carbs, they are not ideal when "cutting". You are trying to spike your insulin, terrible for losing weight or when trying to "cut". You are also only doing a small amount of excercise for how large you are, and you need to increase the total amount.

thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thesecondrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PeteyW
    No, the diet is way off. You need to remove the starchy carbs, they are not ideal when "cutting". You are trying to spike your insulin, terrible for losing weight or when trying to "cut". You are also only doing a small amount of excercise for how large you are, and you need to increase the total amount.
    I thought spiking insulin was only possible with simple carbs.

plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50) plik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PeteyW
    What "starchy carb" are you referring to?

Dextrose after his workout isn't so bad, and his only other carb sources are brown rice and oats -- that's fantastic!

In my opinion, his diet is one of the best diets I've seen in a long time.

He just needs to lift more weights and up the daily cardio.

Originally Posted by plik
    What "starchy carb" are you referring to?

Dextrose after his workout isn't so bad, and his only other carb sources are brown rice and oats -- that's fantastic!

In my opinion, his diet is one of the best diets I've seen in a long time.

He just needs to lift more weights and up the daily cardio.
    Hehe, thank you