Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    butthash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butthash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) butthash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just work your way up to the point where you can close the #4 Captain of the Crush Gripper. By that point you don't have to pull the guy over, you can just crush his hand and he will scream in pain and give up.

try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a buddy of mine used to have regular competitions arm wrestling with this guy at the bar until one day he detached the bottom of his bicep.. I forget exactly which ligament(?) but he has had to get surgery to put it back in place, and it totally changed the look of his bicep compared to the other side... Pisses the hell out of him everytime someone mentions it

That said, its still pretty tempting to compete with my friends ... though i know to do it in moderation As with most things... moderation is key!
    Override Your Genetics. Try Harder!
    6'0 - 173lb 10% (April 2006)
    6'0 - 150lb 17% (June 2005)

try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PoW
    Forget arm wrestling, not a good test of strength. Stop arm wrestling and next time someone asks you to do it tell them no, but that you will sumo wrestle them because it's a much better test of strength.
    Might be fun to do too.... any good links on how to sumo?
    Armwrestle rules are prettymuch a genetic memory for most guys... sumo might require some research first :P
    Override Your Genetics. Try Harder!
    6'0 - 173lb 10% (April 2006)
    6'0 - 150lb 17% (June 2005)

BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50) BattleHymns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KingSht
    Is arm wrestling still part of Strongman competition? Apparently that arm wrestling feat ended Nathan Jones' career:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/bio

Height
    6' 11½" (2.12 m)

Mini biography
    Nathan Jones rose upon the world strongman scene in 1995 and showed promise to become perhaps the top competitor in the world. At 6' 11" and 360 lbs., the giant Australian known as Megaman was an imposing sight and used his great size and strength to place high in the World Musclepower Championships.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck Megaman in a qualifying heat for the 1995 World's Strongest Man Competition when he suffered a spiral fracture in his arm while arm wrestling European Champion and 1998 World's Strongest Man, Magnus Samuelsson of Sweden. Certainly a shame, as Nathan's career was only beginning and looking very bright.
    how could that end his career? 5 months ago I had that happen and now im stronger then I was before I broke my arm go figure, and your bone is stronger and thicker after its healed up.

KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chobanuk
    how could that end his career? 5 months ago I had that happen and now im stronger then I was before I broke my arm go figure, and your bone is stronger and thicker after its healed up.
    Probably an excuse to go back to armed robbery.

It looks to imply that he would have been a better athlete if it weren't for the setback from the injury.
    Geese_Howard: Just walk into any mental institution and tell the docs in there everything about your religion but substitute the name muhammed for 'Punjab' and see if they let you walk out...

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingSht
    Is arm wrestling still part of Strongman competition? Apparently that arm wrestling feat ended Nathan Jones' career:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/bio

Height
    6' 11½" (2.12 m)

Mini biography
    Nathan Jones rose upon the world strongman scene in 1995 and showed promise to become perhaps the top competitor in the world. At 6' 11" and 360 lbs., the giant Australian known as Megaman was an imposing sight and used his great size and strength to place high in the World Musclepower Championships.

Unfortunately, tragedy struck Megaman in a qualifying heat for the 1995 World's Strongest Man Competition when he suffered a spiral fracture in his arm while arm wrestling European Champion and 1998 World's Strongest Man, Magnus Samuelsson of Sweden. Certainly a shame, as Nathan's career was only beginning and looking very bright.
    NO
    Cha Cha Cha

KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KingSht is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530
    NO
    All because of the arm breaking precedent? Oh well, there goes my forte.
    Last edited by KingSht; 09-06-2006 at 08:54 PM.
    Geese_Howard: Just walk into any mental institution and tell the docs in there everything about your religion but substitute the name muhammed for 'Punjab' and see if they let you walk out...

Personal Trainer stone cold 316's Avatar
    stone cold 316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Try this

I believe that doing internal and external rotations on a cable crossover will help with your particular sport. If you consider the movement of both exercises in relation to the object of arm wrestling, then getting your oponents arm on the table takes in internal rotation while avoiding getting yours pinned takes in external rotation. Performing this action will add strength to the shoulders and give a familiarity of the movement enabling your body to take more stress at the table.
    If it aint broke.....break it!

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've had a few arm wrestles, and basing purely what areas were fatigued and using common sense I would say basically all your arm, shoulders and middle back.

I really feel my lats and rear delts DRIVE when an opponent is in the negative, and when I am on the defensive my bis/forearms are in overdrive.

Hope any of that helped!
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ayemelek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The only thing I would NOT do if you're going to arm wrestle is anything that uses the mind, ie. use common sense and good judgement, as the only thing NOT used in arm wrestling is your brain.

FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreEsTyLeR07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    YOu NeEd Strong Arms (( Biceps, triceps and Forearms ))

AnD strong shoulders ToOoOoOo

Concrete26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RIPcookiethief
    I've read that hammer curls will help a lot with arm wrestling.
    He is right Hammer Curls is the exercise of choice for arm wrestling

The Shlong in Hong Kong gorilla69's Avatar
    gorilla69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorilla69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gorilla69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Smitno
    Hello,

I am looking for opinions on specific exercises that would help with
    arm wrestling, particularly focusing more on strength/endurance than adding on mass.

So what would be the most recommended exercises for Bi's/Tri's/Forearms and maybe delts. Also, should I raise my rep range to gain more endurance?

Thanks for your time guys, looking forward to learning from you.

Smitno

u can arm wrestle me over and over again...you will probably lose every time but youl definately get better eventually hahahhaa...good luck wit getting your marine body back bro
    "Overtraining" is the most overused word on this website.....

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try some of this stuff if you want to strengthen your wrists good first, and listen to the other guys advice as well for shoulder health.

http://www.grapplearts.com/Grip-Strength-Training.htm
    "I'm worried about deadlifts too. I mean the word "dead" has got to be in there for a reason. Are you sure they won't kill me?" - olympic

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gorilla69
    u can arm wrestle me over and over again...you will probably lose every time but youl definately get better eventually hahahhaa...good luck wit getting your marine body back bro
    Why the hell did you bring this thread back from the dead?

aminers2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

OK Lets Look At This

Arm wrestling is stupid? Maybe you're stupid and don't know how to do it properly...and to respond to someone like that who is seeking advice is STUPID YOU IDIOT!!! Can you even spell arm wrestling without looking? How about just spelling ARM...come on, real quick like....IDIOT. I doubt you know anyone that has had similar experiences either...you might know how to sound like an idiot, but that's about it...don't post here anymore

Originally Posted by rockhuddy View Post
    I refuse to give advice on arm wrestling because it is stupid and dangerous. I injured my shoulder arm wrestling 2 years ago, and even after extensive rehab and RC work, I still have limited mobility and sometimes pain in the joint. I know several others on this site have had similar experiences with arm wrestling, so my best advice is to stay the f*ck away from it.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aminers2000 View Post
    Arm wrestling is stupid? Maybe you're stupid and don't know how to do it properly...and to respond to someone like that who is seeking advice is STUPID YOU IDIOT!!! Can you even spell arm wrestling without looking? How about just spelling ARM...come on, real quick like....IDIOT. I doubt you know anyone that has had similar experiences either...you might know how to sound like an idiot, but that's about it...don't post here anymore

Originally Posted by SunnyChrono6 View Post
    Why the hell did you bring a 7-year old thread back to life? And he's just stating his opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

lol