It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Monster Energy Drinks

Intro:

I have decided to also do some energy drink reviews, while I sort through the rather long list of supplements I have tried. Again, the same format will stand through review to review. I will also be doing all the entries from all the companies at once.

As I mentioned in my other reviews, I am pretty highly conditioned to drugs in general, so if something works with me, chances are very good that it will work with more "normal" people as well. There is a pretty big knock on energy drinks in general, casting them as little more than glorified soft drinks, but I have used them while bouncing, on long road trips, before workouts and just for a little pick-me-up and I can tell you that if they ARE indeed soft drinks, they are a higher octane version than what regular Coca-Cola or even perennial favorite Mountain Dew is churning out.

Review: Monster Energy drinks is an entry into a rapidly saturated market, which is that of energy drinks. I have tried all of them but the Low-Carb version, as taking sugar away from these drinks usually makes them taste far worse. Monster KHAOS tastes like a sort of fruit juice drink that college kids would make if they didn't have any money, wanted to get tossed and had nothing but some cheap liquor and several kinds of half-drunk juice cartons in the fridge and a bag of sugar in the cupboard. Monster ASSAULT is more like a hyper-sweetened variation on the Red Bull motif in terms of taste, to the point where it is almost nauseatingly cloying. Reguar Monster tastes more or less like a soft drink.

It also acts more or less like a regular soft drink. The net effect of these three drinks was about what you could expect from Mountain Dew -- a slight sugar rush and a bit of that alert feeling that comes from the hit of caffeine. In the case of Assault, you can also have the borderline headache and vague sense of illness and unease that comes from cheap-tasting sugar.

Verdict: With so many other energy drinks out there to choose from, some of which at least taste good, if not working better, recommendation is to AVOID.

geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geekgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm pretty much on point with that nice work. I always feel like utter **** after drinking an Assault, seriously i have the desire to throw up!
    Your Signature

Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000) Seth25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've tried almost every energy drink available and the only one I'd buy again is Rockstar,sugar free of course.

EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rockstar will be coming in a future installment...maybe even next...I'm trying to think of any I haven't tried...maybe Bawls and Hammerhead, but Bawls never looked interesting and Hammerhead is a bit newer...

There are precious few of the energy drinks that actually perform, no question there...

JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I recall getting some descent energy from some of the MONSTER energy drinks, nothing spectacular.

kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000) kappaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just tried monster the other day and didn't think it was too bad. I thought the taste was pretty good,albeit sugary, but I could see it getting old quick. Energy was so-so.

Once PA gets out I hope he still works on the AMP drink he has talked about.

cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cervasa1977 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice review man never been a huge fan of monster call me old fashioned but I still love the sugar free redbulls......... one thing that has worked for me and I have done it with both Purple Wraath and Xtend is add 200mg of caffiene which is dirt cheap. Gives a nice kick
    GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    here are some energy drinks I enjoy (one of the perps of working in a nutrition store is a stocked fridge)

ABB Diet Turbo Tea Lemon
    0 calories, 90 caffeine

ANSI Thermo Hydroxadrine Fruit Punch (Grape is ok, FP rocks)
    0 calories, 200 caffeine plus taurine, carnitine, tyrosine, white willow, bitter orange (synephrine), guggul, diarginine malate, forskolin, EGCG (Not in that particular order)

The Diet Turbo Tea is great, tastes just like sweet tea to me. I love the fact that it has lower caff, so I can drink up to 4 in a 12 hour day. I just sip on it while I work

Thermo Hydroxadrine is great becuase it always gives me a kick in the ***. I can drink it and I will always feel it within 15 minutes, I just feel hotter and I know it's working. I'll drink up to 2 in a 12 hour shift.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line
    Love Isn't Always On Time.

I'm more now than ever of the opinion that fully 90% of the energy drinks on the market now are ****. Now that Redline RTD has taken a dump, the only ones I think much of lately are the Wired X3000s and the Sobe No Fear Double Downs, though the taste of the Sobe is the main thing I like about that. It really doesn't deliver much more energy than anything else. The only one that does that is the Wired X3000, which is also the only one that I've been able to successfully use as a pre-workout drink...it's still nowhere near ISS Satur8 Rush, though or AMP tabs.
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50) lcplgrande will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the only energy drink I've ever liked was one by abb. I think it was called adrenaline stack, but for the most part, a bottle of 200 caffine pills cost as much as two of those and one pill will do the same.
    Semper Fi

Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down I agree

Monster is junk. I bought one today before hitting the gym because I was tired and needed a pick me up. Needless to say it didnt help hardly at all and it tasted like crap.

If I was to buy an energy drink Id probably have to go with Rockstar. Ive gotten them before and they at least gave me a little bit of a pick me up. I figured Id try Monster cause it was cheaper. Cheaper isnt always better.

MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    Intro:

I have decided to also do some energy drink reviews, while I sort through the rather long list of supplements I have tried. Again, the same format will stand through review to review. I will also be doing all the entries from all the companies at once.

As I mentioned in my other reviews, I am pretty highly conditioned to drugs in general, so if something works with me, chances are very good that it will work with more "normal" people as well. There is a pretty big knock on energy drinks in general, casting them as little more than glorified soft drinks, but I have used them while bouncing, on long road trips, before workouts and just for a little pick-me-up and I can tell you that if they ARE indeed soft drinks, they are a higher octane version than what regular Coca-Cola or even perennial favorite Mountain Dew is churning out.

Review: Monster Energy drinks is an entry into a rapidly saturated market, which is that of energy drinks. I have tried all of them but the Low-Carb version, as taking sugar away from these drinks usually makes them taste far worse. Monster KHAOS tastes like a sort of fruit juice drink that college kids would make if they didn't have any money, wanted to get tossed and had nothing but some cheap liquor and several kinds of half-drunk juice cartons in the fridge and a bag of sugar in the cupboard. Monster ASSAULT is more like a hyper-sweetened variation on the Red Bull motif in terms of taste, to the point where it is almost nauseatingly cloying. Reguar Monster tastes more or less like a soft drink.

It also acts more or less like a regular soft drink. The net effect of these three drinks was about what you could expect from Mountain Dew -- a slight sugar rush and a bit of that alert feeling that comes from the hit of caffeine. In the case of Assault, you can also have the borderline headache and vague sense of illness and unease that comes from cheap-tasting sugar.

Verdict: With so many other energy drinks out there to choose from, some of which at least taste good, if not working better, recommendation is to AVOID.
    try ENDORUSH, if u can handle it.
    Gain Big~ stay lean!

Originally Posted by MassJohn View Post
    try ENDORUSH, if u can handle it.
    LOL

What are you, a BSN ad? I have one in the refrigerator. I'll get to it sometime...

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ironjon84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool thats funny

^ LOL

Id try it but I dont think I could handle it

MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ironjon84 View Post
    ^ LOL

Id try it but I dont think I could handle it
    lol, me too. first time I took it I used whole bottle, during I do very heavy weight my whole body shaking
    Gain Big~ stay lean!

I'm not too worried about that, I just have other stuff in front of it...I will get to it, though, maybe next month or the month after, possibly...

motoboy737 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    EMISGOD, I'd recommend trying any of the No Fear drinks by Sobe. They have the normal no fear and also the gold, I believe they now have a sugar free version also. Ive noticed a decent bit of energy from them, deffinatly the best tasting I have had also. There really the only ones that I will drink.

I have reviewed them also in this section. Cue up Search-Tech.

dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dwgj18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

yea i like rockstar, doesnt taste the best but it gets ya going! I must say Full Throttle is the best tasting! But i could go with a coffee and a coke and i am really ready to go!