r-complex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-complex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Losing stomach fat without losing muscle gains

I am looking for some tips on how to lose some stomach fat i have accumulated during an attempted bulking phase without losing any muscle i have gained during this period. I'll start with a little background history on myself. Currently I'm 27, 5'10 and weigh about 162 lb. My bodyfat would be around the 10 to 11 % mark, most of which seems to be on my stomach . It took me about a year of working out on and off (around 3-4 days per week, with no cardio) and eating as often as possible to put on about 20 pounds ( i'm a bit of a hard gainer).

While i'm not at the weight or shape i quite desire (another 20 pounds would be awesome), summer is comming very soon down where i am (Australia) and i want to get a six pack happening as it would really compliment my current body type. It shouldnt be too hard for me to get a 6er (done it before) even though i've only just begun working that area in recent times. I just need some tips now on what i should be doing to lose that stomach fat without doing any harm to my precious and time consuming muscle gains.

Any input would be appreciated.

Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "1) Please use the search function before asking a question. 99% of the topics posted about have already been discussed at lengths in the past. You can click on the search button in the top right corner and find information on a variety of topics, as well as on the articles section on the main bodybuilding.com site. This will help you find what you're looking for quicker and easier, and put less stress on the older members of the site who have probably answered your question more than once."

Sorry to do this to ya bro. I appreciate all the hard work you have put into your body so far, and congratulate you your progress.

Virtually every single diet and fat loss program to be found on this site places the highest priority on preserving lean muscle mass. The smallest amount of research will yield 100 different ways to do this.
    "The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking." - Heidegger

r-complex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-complex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats understandable will try the search.

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by r-complex
    I am looking for some tips on how to lose some stomach fat i have accumulated during an attempted bulking phase without losing any muscle i have gained during this period. I'll start with a little background history on myself. Currently I'm 27, 5'10 and weigh about 162 lb. My bodyfat would be around the 10 to 11 % mark, most of which seems to be on my stomach . It took me about a year of working out on and off (around 3-4 days per week, with no cardio) and eating as often as possible to put on about 20 pounds ( i'm a bit of a hard gainer).

While i'm not at the weight or shape i quite desire (another 20 pounds would be awesome), summer is comming very soon down where i am (Australia) and i want to get a six pack happening as it would really compliment my current body type. It shouldnt be too hard for me to get a 6er (done it before) even though i've only just begun working that area in recent times. I just need some tips now on what i should be doing to lose that stomach fat without doing any harm to my precious and time consuming muscle gains.

Any input would be appreciated.
    You can't spot reduce fat.
    100% muscle preservation (and even gaining) on a cut is extremely difficult.
    Now start cutting.