Kerpal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Only hungry at night

For some reason I only get really hungry at night. I never get very hungry during the day, and hardly eat anything. But by dinnertime I'm usually starving and have a huge meal. Why is this, and how can I make myself hungrier during the day?

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    *smacks forehead*

Did you really just ask that, or am I on crack??
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TricepGirl
    Did you really just ask that, or am I on crack??

Hmmm.......I'm going with crack

But I know what he's trying to say (only cause I hit the pipe too). It's natural to get hungry in the evening when things are calmer and you're trying to regroup from the day. But you should try to keep your cals at all meals close in number when possible. This will help a bit with late night munchies.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dbx, you'd earn a smack for that, you would!!

The reason that this is a ridiculous thread is because if you ate a normal amount during the day, you wouldn't be so hungry, at night. Just man up and eat every 3 hours. If your appetite is low, try eating calorically dense foods, such as pb, or beef.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The reason that this is a ridiculous thread is because if you ate a normal amount during the day, you wouldn't be so hungry, at night. Just man up and eat every 3 hours. If your appetite is low, try eating calorically dense foods, such as pb, or beef.
    No, no, I was serious about the getting hungry at night part. It happens to many of us, me included. Even if you divide your meals properly and eat at 2-3hr intervals, something about the end of your day (for many of us) causes an onset of hunger (or perceived hunger). This is simply where discipline comes in.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

True, I consider myself a pig though; I'm always hungry. You can account for your hunger by alloting yourself a certain number of cals at night.

You've gotta admit, though; this guy would be better served by eating a large portion of cals in the day.

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Bump...obviously if you eat more during the day you will eat less at night, at least in theory. The 'typical' American skips breakfast, eats **** for lunch, and then pigs out at dinner and for dessert. Don't be that guy.

By eating breakfast you get a good start on your daily caloric intake. That will lead to better satiety (feeling full) during the day. If you're not used to eating a lot this will be hard at first. However, your body is pretty smart and will quickly adapt to an increased food intake. Don't whine because "I'm not hungry in the morning so I don't eat breakfast." Nonsense. Start eating SOMETHING for breakfast and pretty soon you'll start being hungry when you wake up.