Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fischer__35 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Deadlift and Squat together?

I've seen a lot of workout on the forum with people doing squat with deadlifts. Both these exercises are INTENSE all on thier own, especilly when using heavy weight. Personally, I wouldnt do them on the same day. Thier both intense and work the some of the same muscles...I wouldnt want to hinder what I deadlift because im doing squats...

Should I just do squats during one week, then deadlifts the next?
    Pain is simply weakness leaving the body

Squat: 485

Front Squat: 325 (haven't maxed recently)

Deadlift: 500

Clean: 315x3

Split Jerk: 285

Snatch: 225x2

Hard Work! Dedication! Mayweatherjr's Avatar
    Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mayweatherjr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do them on different days
    they are both intense lifts and should be given there own days
    im not able to do both in one day because of how hard i push
    www.mayweatherpromotions.com

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Fischer__35
    I've seen a lot of workout on the forum with people doing squat with deadlifts. Both these exercises are INTENSE all on thier own, especilly when using heavy weight. Personally, I wouldnt do them on the same day. Thier both intense and work the some of the same muscles...I wouldnt want to hinder what I deadlift because im doing squats...

Should I just do squats during one week, then deadlifts the next?
    Depends on what your program looks like. There are however, MANY programs that do just what you're arguing against, that work VERY well. So clearly, it can be done.

A question to illustrate my point... Can you squat off the toilet prior to a heavy deadlift workout without hindering your performance?

Being able to do both in the same day is a function of intensity(intensity defined as a percentage of your 1RM). If you squat with a high intensity, you should not deadlift on the same day with a high intensity. And vice versa.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also bear in mind that there are different types of deadlifting movements. Many people pair stiff legged deadlifts with squats because this works the legs more than regular deadlifts do. You can also lift heavy on a deadlifting movement and make progress without devoting full intensity to it, such as if it were a follow up to your squats.
    Oh, one another thing. Remember that there are a lot of people who put together their own programs and have no freaking clue what they are doing.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) wilwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i used to do deadlifts one session and squat the next without ever having a workout not doing one of the two. my back couldn't handle the volume, so i only dead and squat once a week each now.

Beating that damn logbook SpeedUp2's Avatar
    SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Squats and deads are two very taxing exercises and many programs recommend separating them in different workouts (even full body workouts). Still, I see no problem in using them in one workout IF one doesn't hinder the progression on the other.

Personally, I have lighter and heavier lower days and I do both squats and conventional deads on the heavy day and so far I progress equally well on both movements. If you decide to do them together, IMO it's better to start off with the squat.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6324151