scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

argument over carbs after cardio on keto

I have heard so many different opinions can someone like fitnessman or chi straighten this up should you have carbs in a post cardio workouk shake??

anyhelp from anyone is much appreciated

scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any opinions guys?

come on guys?

can someone please answer a lot of people want to know the answer of this

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm assuming that you are cutting and fatloss is the main goal of your keto.............

If you lift then do cardio immediately afterwards, I like to wait until after the cardio and then do my PW shake (some may not agree ). There are a wide variety of views on this, some take a pre-workout shake/meal, some take a during WO shake, while I believe most obstain untill after their WO's.

here's a thread with some useful info on this............
    (page 2 has info and debate on just this issue)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...0&pagenumber=2

If you lift in the morning and do your cardio at night, I would have your normal PW shake after lifting (30gr high Carbs/30gr whey protein) and then later after cardio, I would do a whey only PW shake of about 20-30 grams. Remember to keep cardio duration and intensity lower you are in a carb depleted state and you don't want to burn muscle. I only recommend HIIT after carbs ups and to get into ketosis initially. Save the majority of HIIT for non keto IMHO.

PEACE
    Last edited by Chi_town; 01-15-2003 at 03:20 PM.

thanx for your reply but i still am not clear. that post does not actually state whether you should have carbs in a post workout shake when the only training tyou have done that say is cardio???????????

anyone know?

i know i'm stressing but i need to know this cos i may be ****in up my diet here

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chi_town answered in his post bro, if you look closely. He says take protein only if you've done just cardio, dextrose/protein after workout. This is how I work it too.

oh right thanx you had good results with that?

anyone else wanna add anything?

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by scott
    oh right thanx you had good results with that?

anyone else wanna add anything?
    21 lbs lost so far (26 if you count the 5 I put back on and had to lose again from xmas) with no noticable loss in muscle or strength (in fact strength is still going up in some lifts) so I'd say my results are ok.
    Last edited by chimponarope; 01-15-2003 at 01:33 PM.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by chimponarope
    21 lbs lost so far (26 if you count the 5 I put back on and had to lose again from xmas) with no noticable loss in muscle or strength (in fact strength is still going up in some lifts) so I'd say my results are ok.
    Great job Chim-chim.

But you can't recount those lbs. My mother has lost over 5000 lbs in the last 20 years, if I use your method of calculting. But she only weighs 10 lbs less than when she started. LOL

PEACE

Originally posted by Chi_town
    Great job Chim-chim.

But you can't recount those lbs. My mother has lost over 5000 lbs in the last 20 years, if I use your method of calculting. But she only weighs 10 lbs less than when she started. LOL

PEACE

LOL, yeah I know I can't recount them really but makes me feel better and I was bored.

Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool ok

i will add my view. persoanlly id rather not refeed in the manner suggested after cardio. i stay with the high fat and aim for 40g of carb during the day. workout day is a little different though. id carb up with around 30-45g of fruit juice sugars.

Re: ok

Originally posted by Chris16
    i will add my view. persoanlly id rather not refeed in the manner suggested after cardio. i stay with the high fat and aim for 40g of carb during the day. workout day is a little different though. id carb up with around 30-45g of fruit juice sugars.
    Chris, are you suggesting no PW shake after cardio, regardless if you do cardio by itself of cardio right after lifting ?

Or are you only suggesting a PW shake after lifting and not after cardio ? Regardless of when you do your cardio.

Please explain

Patton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My reply is that your post-workout supplement would depend on the cardio.

What intensity?

What type of cardio? HIIT? Long-duration med. intesity?

How long are the sessions?

As far as I am concerned, I only consume carbs to fuel my weight lifting sessions. If you're doing cardio but no resistance exercise, I would keep carbs out of the shake. Cardio depletes glycogen, but no where near the same as heavy resistance exercise.

That's just me though...
    The path to Easy Street goes through the sewer.

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this is what i do someone please tell me if im incorrect anywhere

sip PW shake during workout (30gm carbs/30 gm whey)

cardio days are alone, not with a workout, HIT cardio 15 min (30gm carbs, 30 gm whey, 10 gm glutamine) should i drink it before or after
    1......2......3...... LIFT

Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yes

Chris, are you suggesting no PW shake after cardio, regardless if you do cardio by itself of cardio right after lifting ?

Or are you only suggesting a PW shake after lifting and not after cardio ? Regardless of when you do your cardio.

Please explain

I am saying a PW shake after lifting and not after cardio ? Regardless of when you do your cardio.

Heres my reason. most of my cardio is done after the cheat day. I am always fully aware of glycogen levels within my system for a numbers of reasons. firstly i get tired whilst doing cardio if i havent any glycogen. Also if i do not do cardio then i will still eat 40g of carbs throughout the day. either way my glycogen levels rarely deplete to a low state. I have also had my blood sugar levels checked to make sure im not to low on this front.

Re: yes

I am saying a PW shake after lifting and not after cardio ? Regardless of when you do your cardio.

Heres my reason. most of my cardio is done after the cheat day.
    Given this info, then I fully understand why you advocate NOT doin any Post cardio shake. But for everyone else, WHO DO NOT ONLY DO CARDIO on CHEAT or CARB-UP DAYS, I would not recommend your approach.

PEACE

yes

my apologies i should have made this more clear.

Re: yes

my apologies i should have made this more clear.
    No problem........ No need to be sorry, just give more detail next time. LOL

PEACE