Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BillGill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Broad Shoulders - How to get them

Obviously broad shoulders are good looking and attractive. However I do not possess them. I realize there is nothing i cannot change my skeletal frame. But i desperately need to know what I can do to widen them. Please, any excercises or just assurance would be welcome, i have a basic understanding on how to work the deltoids, but do the shoulders actually widen with excersice. Again any advice would be welcome as i am self consious about my body and worry NONSTOP about it. Thank you.

Rob

Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have simlar problem - mine seem to be frontloaded giving me a slouching look.
    Start your workout with side lateral rises, use dumbells first and work one shoulder at a time Aim for 10-12 reps and 2 sets. Then do 2 sets of cable lateral rises again aim for 10-12 reps.
    This is the best excersice to give you shoulder width ,do your press after this and finsh off with rear delt raises.
    Developing your lats also help give you that broad look so be sure to include chins and pull downs in your back workout.
    Your shoulders will take time to develop so be patient and make sure your diet and rest is in order. In the mean time you can improve your posture to give you that broad look by rolling back your shoulders, lifting your chest and and keeping your back straight but make sure your relxed you dont want to look too stiff!!.

thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thanasis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i would highly recommend doing military presses first at the start of your routine. this will allow you to use more weight and since this is the best mass building excercise for the shoulders you will have better results. upright rows witha wide grip are good and through in some lateral raises

Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But his problem area is side delts so he needs to prioritise and start off by working side delts so he can apply maximum intensity when his energy levels are highest.

Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stabroz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i dunno , i dont think starting with side laterals would do that much , behind the neck press works good just gotta work your way up

Dabura has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you can also do arnold presses as they work both the side and front (just thought i'd point out to you one of the king shoulder exercises left out)

Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Christopher has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doing side laterals is not going to make any significant changeds to your shoulders.

Go with standing overhead presses as your primary movement for shoulders.

Boa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had exactly the same problem too. I've got a relatively narrow, long type of bone structure so I've laways had problems with width of shoulders. I agree with the point started by Thanasis. Don't mess around with Side Laterals and such like. These should GENERALLY only be used at the end of a routine as a "finishing" movement at best. Some people will respond to them by increasing shouilder mass but these people are the exceptions usually.

Once I was persuaded to change to a simple shoulder routine, emphasising basic, powerful exercises I've not looked back. My shoulders have developed to the point that people are even commenting on how much bigger they look - as recently as this Saturday night just gone - that's why I had to reply...

Definately start off with either regular Military Press or Press Behind Neck. I like either one but some people just don't have the flexibility in their shoulder joint to do them Behind the Neck - if this is you, avoid them. Nothing is worse for shoulder development than a torn rotator cuff. So anyway, start off with one of these two power movements. I do two warmup sets - the first with between 50% and 60% of my work weight, the second with about 75%. Don't do too many reps, remember these are WARMUP sets, you don't want your shoulders to be tired out before you get to the heavier sets. Then I do two work sets, with a weight I can lift for around 6-8 reps. Once I can perfom both work sets in good form for at least 8 rreps each, I up the weight.

Second, three sets of Dumbell Presses. The first sets with 50% weight again - just to get used to the groove of the exercise - then two work sets for 6-8 reps again. I perform both these pressing movements seated by the way.

My third and final exercise for shoulders is the Upright Row performed with a wide grip. I use an EZ-bar - this really keeps the pressure off the wrists. I simply could not do them with a stright bar. This is a great final exercise. Performed properly, with a wider grip it really hits the side delts - the ones you want to specifically target for extra width. It does partly mimic the plane of motiion followed by the upper arms when doing Side Laterals, but it is a much heavier, much more powerful movement. You need to stick with these sorts of power movements to get size. It is not often that a person will be able to add mass with the lighter isolation movements....believe me, this trategy really worked for me and if it can work for someone with my genetics, it can work for you too.

trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trojan_ruybal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hahah i "had" this problem too but i am only 16 and my shoulders should grow a lil more. But one peice of gold advice which helps is world hard on the "width" of your back in other words your lats. wide lats will push out your shoulders causing you to have a wider shoulder appearance.

jconneely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up THANKS,Great info! Brand new to this site.

Thanks for the valuble info, I'll take this into account when doing shoulders tomorrow.

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with Boa's advice earlier with one modification: do the wide grip upright rows first, keeping the bar as close to your torso as possible throughout, so the emphasis doesn't shift to the front delts. Some people can build decent side delt width via presses, but they are primarily front delt builders, as I've found out after years of doing them first. If the sides are your priority, try the upright rows, then the presses. Made a big difference for me. Also, add in a set or two of lateral raises. Check out Charles Glass' approach for them; it's worth looking it up. Good luck getting wide.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10) Musclezs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this thread was started in 2001. lol
    01-2009: 139 lbs
    01-2010: 181 lbs
    2010 goal : 200 lbs - 10% bf

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Musclezs View Post
    this thread was started in 2001. lol
    DOH! I missed that one. We should DEMAND before and after shots of this guy in that case...
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my shoulders widened from competitive swimming - especially on the butterfly stroke
    2020 Comeback from hiatus. Time to get blench
    Running a Max-OT style routine to get the wheel turning

delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    when i started out i had 0 shoulders... I stuck to complete shoulder workout routine

Dumbell shoulder press alt standing military barbell press
    Standing lateral raises (dumbells) alt cable laterals or heavy upright rows
    Dumbell Front raises
    dumbell Seated bent over rear delt raises

Then theres the rotary cuff movments for shaping as i call them

external and internal rotations
    Last edited by delusive; 08-13-2009 at 06:54 PM.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Start off your shoulder routine with an explosive lift (variations of Olympic lifts) like Push Press or Hanging Power snatches. This stimulates the HTMU, which have the most growth potential. Per form 4-5 sets of 4-6 reps with 2-4 minutes rest between sets.

Then move onto a compound or Tri set of say Lateral fly 3 x 6-8, Seated Arnold Press 3 x 10 & then Upright Cable Rows(rope handle) 3 x 15. No rest between exercises & 2 minutes rest between sets. These varied rep ranges make it possible to hit all muscle fiber types & give you a ton of Time Under Tension , Plus a huge pump. All factors needed to help you grow wider.

Just my 2 cents worth

FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000) FunAndSun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Broad shoulders in general, are 3 things...

1) a result of skeletal frame and genetic factors.

2) the way people stand [happy, posturing --- or sad, slouching]

3) your work outs....

- Barbell Military press... as the other posters have said doing behind or in front military press [in good form with decent weight] will increase OVERALL body mass, which will increase width.

- Front dumbell press... isolates the front deltoid, uses the upper pecs and tris for stabilazation.

- Side dumbell raises... I prefer to do these very heavy [for width,] and using one arm at a time. Hold to two, and do each arm solo, or just grab a bench.

- A few sets of some light powerclean, or clean and press would be nice finish.

For rear, Seems like you need some weakpoint training? Do the 4-5 exercises seriously heavy [8-10 reps to complete failure] for about a month. The next month do 1-2 warm up sets, then 3-4, 10-12 failure sets. Then change it up again. After that, if you want bigger, do medium reps and heavy weight; stronger, lower reps heavy weight.

----date is uber old----
    Last edited by FunAndSun; 08-13-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: date lmao
    MAGA --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tamorlane: No one really cares except for people like you. Wow he wore a blackface, guess what back in the day many people did that. It was a different time period. Not full of PC little betas like you that cry foul over every little thing.

SillieBazzillie: Under Obama we always strove to be the best at everything. Trump really has ruined everything.

RobertNextHulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was never exactly wide especially in the shoulders back then, despite being tall. But eventually I got wider doing shoulder exercises, especially the shoulder raises, which hits the side delts. They grow when I do at least 3 sets per exercise per part of the deltoids, with 8-12 reps. They also tend to look wider when I make my waist smaller as well.
    Freaky size means nothing if you aren't freaky shredded. So eat clean, train hard yet smart, and use dietary supplements for faster results.

SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SlavPride has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    will do
    When you stop striving for perfection, you might as well be dead.

русский/славянский бра, always rep back.

-TranceBrah-

paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50) paulieserafini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first of all work the whole body.

secondly NO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MILITARY PRESS TO BECOME WIDER!

I am wide as **** (people comment on this on a regular basis), and i owe this too growing a wide back, adding some size on my chest and doing a **** TON OF LATERAL RAISES. btw i havent military pressed in years. Yes it can help but more for the front delt, and at the same time no it's not necessary at all.

and i feel that your lats are going to be the most major factor in appearing to be wide, having big delts is just complete the picture.

Godfather50001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Finally after 10 years

Training with wide grip exercises such as military presses, bench presses, wide grip pull down and pull ups, wide grip bent over rows and deadlifts will help stretch your clavicles and scapulae and give you broader shoulders. Only raises and isolation movements are not enough and will not produce much results without compound movements.

mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mandar92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    mine used to be like 46" before i started to lift. now they are pushing 54. i just did a ****load of shrugs for the first few weeks when i started training. with fairly heavy weights. look up zyzz's shoulder workout its fairly decent it will help you

hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardworker1128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Leaning 1 arm dumbbell laterals. Arm slightly bent. They do wonders
    ~~Nationally Qualified Men's Physique Competitor~~

~~Online Personal Trainer~~

My Contact - ExtremeFitness07@hotmail.com

Self proclaimed parrot Determinednoob's Avatar
    Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Determinednoob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Multinecroed thread is necroed again for no reason
    The floundering has ended.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    strongest lazerus thrad ever!
    Stern Crew

francker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dabura View Post
    you can also do arnold presses as they work both the side and front (just thought i'd point out to you one of the king shoulder exercises left out)
    I love the arnold press, i start my shoulders with that then front raises then lateral raises... from there i'll jump into shrugs and then rear flys... Just started to incorporate upward rows and they seem to be another lovely workout.

DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50) DetMatthews will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Military press is good. Lateral raises are a good addition but military press would be the main lift in a program like that.

Also, work your rear delts and your back. If your shoulders slouch forward, working your back should pull your shoulders back balancing your posture. I've also found the tip about larger lats to be true. Not to mention a larger back means a tighter shirt which generally makes everything look a little bigger.

Focus on your shoulders, but you don't necessarily have to grow bigger shoulders to give the appearance of them.

EDIT: WTF? Why did I just comment on a 12 year old thread?

Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500) Zamininc is not very helpful. (-500)
    11-02-2001

come on guys this guy probably died already

hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

dont do charles glass style side raises

Originally Posted by hulkinout View Post
    I agree with Boa's advice earlier with one modification: do the wide grip upright rows first, keeping the bar as close to your torso as possible throughout, so the emphasis doesn't shift to the front delts. Some people can build decent side delt width via presses, but they are primarily front delt builders, as I've found out after years of doing them first. If the sides are your priority, try the upright rows, then the presses. Made a big difference for me. Also, add in a set or two of lateral raises. Check out Charles Glass' approach for them; it's worth looking it up. Good luck getting wide.
    charles glass style will **** up your shoulders for sure- your internally rotating your shoulders with heavy weight a definite no no. Im not sure how he is getting away with it. I know I am not huge like you but I am an exercise physiologist but more important I am 42. At 25 you can do anything for awhile and probably survive bad form and movements like the glass style lateral raise but do it for awhile and the rotator cuff will be talking to you.

I have narrow shoulders as well. working on lats helps- wide grip pull ups. and the normal shoulder presses. personally I have found that side laterals work really well for me. also something not mentioned-working the arms- hammer curls- they have helped give me definition and shape to my arms which has helped to give the illusion of wider shoulders- hard to explain really- also triceps. narrowing your waist can help as well.

there are a lot of narrow shouldered bodybuilders with super small waists like Lee Lebrada and others.

you have to go for the illusion.

hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DetMatthews View Post
    Military press is good. Lateral raises are a good addition but military press would be the main lift in a program like that.

Also, work your rear delts and your back. If your shoulders slouch forward, working your back should pull your shoulders back balancing your posture. I've also found the tip about larger lats to be true. Not to mention a larger back means a tighter shirt which generally makes everything look a little bigger.

Focus on your shoulders, but you don't necessarily have to grow bigger shoulders to give the appearance of them.

EDIT: WTF? Why did I just comment on a 12 year old thread?
    because many people have the same question thats what forums are good for.