Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LifeSucks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Hey everybody, just started 4 months ago...

Hey everyone!!

I just wanted to post a couple of pics and say hello. I just started working out on October 1, 2001. Since then I have gained about 15lbs and 3 1/2 inches on my arms...Sorry, I didn't measure anything else before I started and I didn't get a picture either (didnt' think I was going to get serious about it).

Tomorrow I'm going to start bulking and training serious (I've kinda' been goofing around a bit during the 4 months). Right now I'm 5'8 and have 15 inch arms at 144lbs (I know, it's tiny, but it's better than the 128lbs that I was with 12 inch arms!!). Oh-yeah, I'm 21...I hope to get to 165lbs with about 17 inch arms by my birthday (April 10)...sounds tough, but I've gained the same ratio of inches within the same time frame by only eating 2 meals a day (you read that right T-W-O meals a day).

Anyways, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated...thanks for reading!!
    Attached Images
    "Yo-Yo, I make a wicked cup of co-coa!"

Justin2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

It's looking great after only 4 months of working out.
    Nobody is perfect and my name is nobody

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks good all around!

Remember that much more mucle is required to go from 15"-17" than from 13"-15"....the laws of maths and physics are against you!
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000) milkman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    15" at 144 lb u hope for 17" at 166lb are u forgetting to train ur legs ?
    You see u look around 165-170 lb i had a friend like this i didn't understand till i saw his legs and relised he didn't train them.

Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking good,any pics before u started training?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Yeah, you look very good. Only 4 month training... That's great!
    Keep up your good progress!
    Eat like a horse, train hard, sleep and you will be like an animal....

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I wish I looked that good back when I had only been training for four months! Nice name by the way. I agree.

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nah man life doesn't suck, its great if you look at the positive things. Anyhow nice work man keep it up and keep tearin it up.

peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice pics, but how can you build 3 1/2 inches on your arms in 4 months? without roids? LOL pls explain cause it sounds like b/s
    Blah....fill it in later..

Roids...no way...I have trouble taking aspirin or tylenol. The only thing that I used was Creatine that I got from Wal-Mart. Well, that and slim fast that I mixed with my milkshake because I wasn't eating enough meals a day (I work 3rd shift at Little Debbie's...sucks to eat when you only have 15 minute breaks and you smell like a freakin' Nutty Bar).

I worked out 5 days a week, each bodypart twice a week. An average workout would be anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. I only skipped about 8 days during the whole four months to recover from excess fatigue. Oh, I also take Centrum Performance daily vitamins and Glucosamine, but they don't help in your size...just repairing joints and other body parts.

I sure did get a lot of questions about roids though. I even had a 19 yr old ask what kind of steroids are the best to use and he started listing the different kinds. "I don't know man. I don't use that s**t. You shouldn't either!" was all I said to him.

Believe me when I say I had to buy a LOT of new shirts because I didn't fit in them anymore. Also, my pants started getting really tight too. I wore them baggy so they aren't as bad, yet...

Hmmm...I might have an earlier pic of me from when I first got my digital camera...I need to try to find it (was when I had my old g/f, so I pretty much trashed all the pics). I'll have to hunt for one...

RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099
    LifeSucks-

Not a bad start, bro, not bad at all. However, if you want to maximize your potential and get those 17" guns, you're going to have to increase your workout intensity, decrease your workout time (three hours is far too long), rest more, and take in more calories. Most people experiece good gains at first, but without an adequate bodybuilding lifestyle (i.e. training, eating, and resting right), your gains will begin to slow and you'll loose interest. As a fellow bodybuilder, I'd hate to see this happen, so stay serious and committed if you want serious gains. Anyways, great start, keep us posted on your progress. Peace!

KHoach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

very nice

nice job..it looks like you have a great foundation to build on...keep it up!!!

Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You seem to have a realy good start but remember that it would be as easy for the next 20 lbs. You might have to start eating more. Well like I said you seem to be doing well. Keep us updated.
    Yup, I'm bigger than you.

blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "Roids...no way...I have trouble taking aspirin or tylenol. The only thing that I used was Creatine that I got from Wal-Mart. Well, that and slim fast that I mixed with my milkshake because I wasn't eating enough meals a day (I work 3rd shift at Little Debbie's...sucks to eat when you only have 15 minute breaks and you smell like a freakin' Nutty Bar).

I worked out 5 days a week, each bodypart twice a week. An average workout would be anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. I only skipped about 8 days during the whole four months to recover from excess fatigue. Oh, I also take Centrum Performance daily vitamins and Glucosamine, but they don't help in your size...just repairing joints and other body parts.

I sure did get a lot of questions about roids though. I even had a 19 yr old ask what kind of steroids are the best to use and he started listing the different kinds. "I don't know man. I don't use that s**t. You shouldn't either!" was all I said to him.

Believe me when I say I had to buy a LOT of new shirts because I didn't fit in them anymore. Also, my pants started getting really tight too. I wore them baggy so they aren't as bad, yet...

Hmmm...I might have an earlier pic of me from when I first got my digital camera...I need to try to find it (was when I had my old g/f, so I pretty much trashed all the pics). I'll have to hunt for one..."

Yea i understand bro, can you post your arm routine?

Cause for most people 3 1/2 inches muscle in 4 months is a dream come true, that could take up to like a couple years i heard.

Amazing progress man, keep it up

Tagman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn nice progress. If what ya say is true, 3-1/2" on the arms is amazing! Post your arm routine and let us know what you're doing. Pecs and guns are thick dude!

Yea I guess obviously its not 3 1/2 of muscle, that's what takes the year or two.........

But with some fat and muscle, i can clearly see 3 1/2

BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigDeg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Theirs no way your 144 pounds. Im 5'7 and weigh 165 pounds, have 14 inch arms and a 31 inch waist. Your twice my size brother, your atleast 170 pounds. If you weighed 145 you would be ripped with little mass!
    Knowing whats it like going from life to death and back to life is the ultimate question in favor....who wants to try it?...........

josero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

I think your lying!!

Ive been working out for a while and have never seen anybody gain that much in 4 months with out ROids.

but if you give us your rutine, it will help a little

Question

I don't have a lot of time to type tonight because I have to work:

Man, I hate smoking/drinking/any kind of drugs/and I DESPISE needles...there is know way in freakin' h*ll that I have/am/or EVER would take roids; period!!!! Tomorrow I will post my workout after work...

My routine:

Mondays and Thursdays: Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders
    Tuesdays and Fridays: Biceps and Back
    Wednesdays: Legs and Lower Back
    Saturdays and Sundays: Off

On each exercise I do 4 sets; starting with 12 reps, then 10 reps, 8 reps, and finally 6 reps. But I make sure I'm using heavy enough weight to where I won't get all of the last two sets.

Whenever I workout I try to do everything ONE-handed so I can force another 2 reps with the other arm. If I'm using both arms I will try two times on the failed rep before quiting that set. I do this with every exercise except dumbells, military press, and all back exercises.

Mondays and Thursdays Routine:
    4 sets of Flat-bench dumbells
    4 sets of Bench/Crossover machine (a bench that has a "row" effect to it)
    4 sets of SINGLE-arm pushdowns (Using the cable machine and a single handed grip, do with your palms UP not down!!)
    4 sets of Rope Pulls (Using the cable machine and the rope attachment----wrists start behind your head and then are pulled forward past your head)
    4 sets of Front Shoulder Raises
    4 sets of Side Shoulder Raises
    4 sets of Military Press
    4 sets of SINGLE-arm crossovers
    4 sets of crunches

Tuesdays and Fridays Routine:
    4 sets of normal SINGLE-arm curls
    4 sets of SINGLE-arm preacher curls
    4 sets of Hammer curls
    4 sets of Cable Curls (Using the cable machine with the pulleys down as far as they can go)
    4 sets of Wide-Grip pull-downs
    4 sets of Close-Grip pull-downs
    4 sets of Bent-over rows
    4 sets of crunches

Wednesdays:
    4 sets of Leg Press
    4 sets of Leg Extensions
    4 sets of Leg Curls
    4 sets of Squat
    4 sets on the Lower Back machine (don't know the name of it, but it works your lower back and butt like crazy)
    4 sets of crunches

That's the week folks...I know some of that probably sounds confusing. If you have any questions on how I perform some of the exercises just ask. I can probably take some pics of how to perform some of the exercises (I have a digital camera, wouldn't take but one day to do it).

Also, I do each rep fairly slow...especially on the extensions (return).

Alancito has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look good man.. keep it up
    "Life is a superfluous circular paradox with an oxymoron in every corner." - My Grandma (who doesn't speak english)

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey good job man, your looking good; good mass.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by josero
    I think your lying!!

Ive been working out for a while and have never seen anybody gain that much in 4 months with out ROids.

but if you give us your rutine, it will help a little
    Why would he lie if he weighed more? Are you jealous. Anyways nice job but it sounds like you need a crash course in nutrition. Read my article on bulking up www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne2.htm
    and protein www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne3.htm
    also be sure to check out other articles as well as we have good writers on this site especially Big Cat.
    Peace

musclemagGIRL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up nice.. :)

Great job!!!

All the best with your training!!
    Life is simple..."eat, sleep, and TRAIN!!"

Talking

Thanks for the posts everybody!!

Str8flexed: I have taken a look at your website...it is very useful, especially on the proteins. Thanks a lot...I will keep you guys posted on my progress...I probably won't take anymore pictures or measurements (except my weight once a week) for atleast a month. Gotta' go get some more food, cya...

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I find it hard to believe that you worked out for 4 months and you said you were goofing around during those 4 months of working out, and you have good size. You have a good back, good arm size, and a full chest. Did you used to work out when you were younger?

You don't even know how jealous and pissed I am if you have made that much progress in only 4 months of training with no prior training from your younger years.
    Last edited by Tom; 01-18-2002 at 07:34 PM.

stam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

wOW!!! thats amazing, i am 150lbs and nowwhere yr size, 12 inch arms, pathetic small chests....genetics??

Tom: I lifted from 8th to the middle of my 9th grade year in High School (From when I was 13-14 years old). I didn't get very big though; the biggest my arms ever got was 13 1/2 inches and my chest NEVER got big. So it's been atleast 7 years since I last lifted, which is a pretty long break!!!

Stam: I can't really say that it's genetics because everyone in my family has to really work to get where they are in size. If we don't lift, we get pretty small (me getting the smallest). I have a small frame (skinnier bones) than my brother, who has a bit thicker of a frame than me...and he is about 5 inches taller also. All of my uncles are fairly tall and big boned, but they don't have the same muscle build or even have the same cut as my brother, dad, and I do.

Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Paco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very good bro.Just follow the advices some bros gave to you about eating more,resting more and you'll see even better results!!!!!
    Good luck

Paco

Registered User AnthonyGoldsGym's Avatar
    AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Excellent. Most guys don't have that fortunate a foundation to bulk up from. Play your nutrition and training cards right and you're going to be damned scary in no time.

Good luck and stay driven.

Anthony