NYVALL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Extremely Sore please help!!

Started working out this week and I'm pretty sure I've gone to hard. Now I hurt so bad that I can't even sleep because I can't get comfortable. Is there anything I can do?

Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robin13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What I've done in the past as long as your not hurt! Is to have a very light pump training session just to get the blood flowing ? I'm no expert but it works for me
    Rockabilly ,muscle cars ,hot rods,gretsch guitars and tattoos all rock!

The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The3Bar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Greetings NYVALL,

I've never had such a problem. Or I could have many years ago and am not remembering. The soreness will be passing, though. I would be suggesting, since you are just starting out, to be going slower. Perhaps for the first two weeks, only lift every other day and lighter. This will be giving your muscles a better chance to repair themselves and become more used to the stress you are placing into them. If you are lifting hard and heavy, this is being a large shock to your muscles and system. Your body is being very intelligent and the pain is your body screaming at you... WTF! But soreness is being a good thing. Again, start slowly.

I am wish you the best of luck and have a nice weekend.
    Weight lifting and bodybuilding are not my hobbies. When you eat, sleep, read and think of training today and how you'll train tomorrow, it's not a hobby. It's life.

Bodybuilding is an ever-evolving, changing science. Anyone who thinks weight lifters and bodybuilders are not intelligent, have never read a bodybuilding book, studied the science of diet and muscle, lifted a weight, or spent a day preparing meals and counting their macros.

Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ha! Its happens. I had the same thing a year ago. You definitely over worked yourself. I had a hard time sleeping as well. For me it is go hard or go home. I did both and paid for it. You will get over it in a week or two. Next time in only do a set or two of each exercise until you gain muscle movement. Don't over work anything or you will pay for it. Pain is gain IMO. Hope ya get some sleep bud!
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body!

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it…

Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

And i hope you take that hat off while you work out. That may be the issue right there…
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body!

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it…

MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000) MartinMaggie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take pain medicine?
    Also drink bit more, dont let yourself dehydrate.

At moment this sounds to you like very bad suggestion, but light workout, stretching and foamrolling will help. Some say this is broscience and does not do thing to reduce DOMS, but to me it offers relief. Maybe because foam rolling on bad DOMS hurts 3 times more than idling in DOMS and when its over, your idling DOMS feels like nothing, compared to foamrolling

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A small animal walking on you can feel like an elephant with bad DOMS. Foam rolling is even more fun.

Nothing works but time and some easy exercise to get the blood flowing.

poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you're experiencing DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Sorenes - and whether you worked out hard or easy it prolly would have occured but with different soreness intensity. Heck, whenever I do light landscaping work in the summer I get DOMS in a few places because those muscles are being used differently from normal. I find another workout after a rest day helps whenever I get it.
    A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. And that's why the USA is a constitutional republic and not a democracy.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would try a sauna or very hot bath, the vasodilation should help.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

Well I did take the day off and I feel much better. My problem is that in just about everything I do it's go big or go home. And I'm paying for it.

Originally Posted by Geneius365 View Post
    And i hope you take that hat off while you work out. That may be the issue right there…
    I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hot baths and slow, long walks. Seriously.
    Marine Corps Vet

TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheIronMaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL no pain no gain!
    2012 was a year of on and off training due to miss-hap's. I had broken ribs,pulled something under my shoulder blade. Then had a total hip replacement. Got soft around the edges. Now time for a comeback. 1st year in. So far things are going great!!
    April 11th 2014 double bypass surgery. So another set back grrrrrr.

If The Bar Ain't Bending... You're Just Pretending.

There is no pill or shake. That can replace hard work.