G-Wiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Confused about best diet for fat loss

I am very confused about the best diet to loos ethe excess bodyfat I currently have. I am moving from sprinting/throwing to bodybuilding and currently weigh in at 140lbs - I am 5ft 2". I have the some excess round the middle, back of thighs and triceps but am working hard to get rid of it. I have recently bought Body-RX but have to admit I think that zero cardio can't be the answer - although I have moved to 6 meals a day and increased my protien intake - trouble is I have read soooo many articles, website and books I think I have totally confused myself ! I am working with weights three - four times a week and making good progress (I think!). I have moved upto heavier weights and am starting to see some muscle forming in the right places - I just can't seem to shift the fat. I have been using Prolab Thermapro but to be honest apart from the jitters and increased energy I can't see any real benefit from them. I know that there is no overnight miracle but would be interested to see if I am on the right track. Also - is it normal for wiehgt to increase slightly when swapping from three small meals a day to 6 ? I seem to have gained a couple of pounds (that's all - honest!) but then don't know if thats because I am developing my muscle mass as my waist size hasn't increased at all?? Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly received. Thanks.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep doing weights 3-4 times per week - 50 mins of short and intense sessions. This will help you preserve some lean body mass, and even add some.

As far as cardio goes, you should definitely do 3-5 30+ mins sessions per week, preferably in the morning on empty stomach, after a few cups of water, and maybe an ephedrine-free fat burner.

Set the treadmill at an incline and walk - without holding on the bar.

Keep eating 6 meals per day, while emphasizing on protein and some fat. Make each meal 320-400 calories and strive for 160g of protein/day.

Keep us updated and good luck.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Thanks for the advice - one thing though..... is walking at an incline better than running?? When I do cardio I tend to run on a 1% incline for 20 - 30 minutes covering about 5km.

I was lead to believe that running was the best fat burning cardio ? Will certainly do the walking you recommended in preference to running the 5km's !!

I am still training at the track with a sprint group 3 times a week doing short fast sprint stuff - do you think it is possible to continue with this even when moving to body building?

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is no "best thing" as far as walking or running goes, but walking is certainly safer for the joints and would be easier on the whole recovery process. Also, 5Km of running is definitely too much.

Stick to the incline walking - go up to 6-9% incline and go for 30-45 mins without holding on anything. It can be very hard as well.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can also try HIIT cardio. I find it works much better for me than the traditional medium intensity constant pace cardio. On a treadmill, I start out at 3 MPH 7 degree incline. Every few minutes I jack the incline and speed way up so I'm sprinting. I hold it there for maybe half a minute tops then lower it back to 3 MPH 7 degree incline. I do about 7 of these high intensity intervals over a 20 minute period. I also have an article on bb.com that details my fat-loss diet and the HIIT cardio.

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ian2new.htm

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Freaker, I've been doing interval cardio on my elliptical trainer for the last week and a half. That really kicks butt. I keep the elliptical trainer at an incline of 10-12% & cycle between 2 minutes at 185-195 rpm & then at 160-165 rpms. It must work because it feels like it's killing me. I'll go read your article.
    Last edited by Hibiscus09; 01-15-2003 at 02:33 PM.

Thanks for the advice - did my first walking cardio session last night and I have to admit it was just as hard if not harder than running 5km's !!

Will try and incorporate some HIIT as well but think that I will get this from my sprint sessions on Tues, Thurs and Sundays. I have 6 x 300m with 100m walk recovery tonight onthe track and the 300m's will all be sub 65sec's - would this count as a HIIT session ?

Thanks to all for the advice - will give you an update as I start making some progress !

freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sprints are definitely considered HIIT cardio. Anything that gets your heartrate up to 85-90% of MHR is high intensity cardio.

olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10) olusco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wanted to add this to your routine. Incorporate this to your routine after your workout try to do cardio in average intensity (and whatever you like as bike, treadmill or elliptical once in a while). You will be really tired but burn more of calories. I have the same problem I could not pass 16%BF especially the midsection and lower my carbs double the protein and extra good fats. It is hard because sometime I am dizzy and drink a lot of water to compensate the less carbs. I decided to have little bit of carbs day of workout and after not to lose too much muscle.

Keep hanging in there there nothing impossible in the eyes God.
    there is nothing impossible in the eyes of pumping iron. get layed alot, good health and looking at everyone fat.

ot_saturn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do a keto it will work