Thread: wrist pain..

mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000)

wrist pain..

I dont know but i habe been getting pain on my wrist, since i started lifting heavy...It hurt like a bitch, specially when i try to do bent over rows....Any advice, i should really buy something to wear for my wrist.
    Shut n Squat!

Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's weird that you would get the pain doing rowing motions. If you don't do it already, try using an EZ bar when doing exercises like curls and skullcrushers. And use a bent bar or rope when doing tricep cable pushdowns instead of a straight bar.

SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SyNeRgY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wrist pain especially when lifting heavy weight could be when the set is done and your putting the weight down. Most of the time were not careful when putting the weight back on the rack and out wrists tend to bend the opposite way, causing tension in the ligaments..... I use wrist wraps when pressing anything but not when I do pulling exercises.

§

mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000) mdx3k is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well, it just hurts even if now, when i do a criclular motion with the wrist i feel the pain..some times i hear a crack sound when i do that..i think, this is associated with when i started lifting...that was back like 3 years ago, well not really lifting but i had some dumbbells, and i used to do curls & work the forarms and stuff like that, but has gotten worse since lifting heavy... i think that i made had been doing something wrong that now its coming back... any ideas?
    Shut n Squat!

Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Adam101 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mabe you have a cyst on your wrist tendon.......thats happened to me and The dr just told me to take some Ibuprofren and Ice it and Rest it for a week Otherwise I might have to get it cut out(OHHHH Fun) L8er
    It might not be easy but in the end its worth it.

Remember SMILK yea the late 90's answer was to flavored milk YUMMMM LOL

Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Graham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got the same thing on my wrist. Had it for years now. except my doctor said cutting it out won't help because it'll just come back. He also said not to use wrist wraps too often because they could become a crutch (like knee wraps or a lifting belt), and that I should just train normally but make sure I don't bend my wrist the wrong way.

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't know if this will help you in particular, but I was experiencing a good bit of wrist pain from time to time, and it lingered after any particular workout for a day or so. I considered buying some special gloves with wrist support straps, but it was suggested to me that I may be holding some weight wrong.

That is, as soon as opened my grip a bit on close-grip bench presses, began using an EZ bar on overhead triceps extensions (aka - skullcrushers), and let my squat bar rest more soundly on my pinched shoulders rather than higher on my back near my neck, the strain on my wrists was decreased and the pain stopped. This may not apply to you, but you may want to consider your grip with just about any and all exercises as a possible culprit or contributor to your pain.

William

jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jreynolds_4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Had a very similar pain in my wrist a few months ago that was most noticeable when doing bent-over rows. In my case I realized the problem was with my form. As I pulled the weight up I was also rotating the top of my hands and my knuckles up towards my head, in effect, helping to get the weight up higher.

I took a few days off completely and then began to make sure my form was strict on my rows...that my hands, wrist, and forearms were always in a straight line. Haven't had a problem since.
    "These are the times in our lives that we can die and still survive"

kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdunic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i was told that that is your forarm bending ( not very much at all, but enough to feel) so to fix it - when you're putting down your weight release it very slowly and that should cure it...works for me

AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AllenP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the first thing you should do is see a doctor and have your wrist checked before you damage it further. There could be a variety of things why you are having this pain. And who knows you might even need surgery. But if that is what will make the pain go away and let you go back to lifting without pain then so be it. Act early when it could still be reversible.

well yeah, it can serveral things..my form for one but should go get it checked out by a doctor.
    Shut n Squat!

Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kamina has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i had the same wrist problem, but interestingly i find that doin wrist and reverse wrist curls 4 the forearms helps ease the pain away.

Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kylehero is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive been out of the gym for a week and a half and seeing this is causing me to go in tomorrow morning (early so i dont look like a bitch in front of everyone if im still in too much pain) and do legs and abs. Tried to do some pullups a little bit ago and the pain is still there (a little bit). Pushups... a different story. No way am i trying bench for at least another week. this wrist injury blows.

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been feeling similar pains in my right wrist recently as well. As a matter of fact I have a piece of frozen pineapple underneath my wrist right now. Before the pain lasted for about 2 weeks and then went away. I was told it was just bruising deep in the muscle. Yesterday after bench press though it started hurting again and all last night i was rotating it over and over. When I woke up it hurt like a bitch.

SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperbSerb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
    i had the same wrist problem, but interestingly i find that doin wrist and reverse wrist curls 4 the forearms helps ease the pain away.
    wrist curls for the forearm aggravate it for me

WickedSticky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This may help

Same story here, only I went to a chiropractor and he cracked my wrist back in place. There are a lot of little bones in the wrist name metacarpals that move out of place given a certain strain. I'm guessin push ups and weight lifting popped mine out of place. I'm going again because theyre sore again. It was a miracle how good they felt after I went the first time. Massaging and ice does not help my issue.

unionp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wrist hurting

Shoot me an e-mail at calvary@yahoo.com I have a method that might help that worked for me!

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i had the same problem and just trained through it, eventually my forearm muscles caught up and it went away. but you may have an injury so see a doc first

aekapopG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently started wrist pain too... At the same time I had a flu so I take about a week off and yesterday when I was back in the gym, doing bent-over-rows (at personal best) I could't finish the set. I could still do everything else (overhead press, deadlifts, etc.) at near 100% though.

Reading your comments, I now suspect bad bent-over rows form could be the cause. Will look into this and let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing your experience.

JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get it every now & then. get some straps & avoid the exercises that cause the most agro for a couple weeks... see how it is

Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop lifting heavy then.
    Your wrists aren't prepared to handle the weight you are lifting, back off, let them recover, then slowly work your way up.
    Heavy weights and low reps tend to lead to injury in beginners. I'd keep most reps above 8 but no lower than 6. I especially wouldn't go to heavy weights all at once. Slowly work em in.
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.