pammy35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

looking for a protein powder with low sodium?

Hi im currently taking PVL brand protein powder but im concerned with the sodium levels..Im finding im holding alot of fluid?... could this be causing it?.... hope someone can suggest how to get rid of fluid retention or suggest another brand of powder... thanks.. Joanne

Dreaming my life away.... emmie's Avatar
    emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not sure how much sodium your brand contains. Mine contains 60g per 23g. serving of whey - it's Biochem 100% Whey Protein. I buy it from bb.com, but WHole Foods also carries it. But, unless you are over-reliant on your powder, I would guess that other foods in your diet are the culprit. Or hormonal fluctuations are in play.(That's what happens in my little world ) Read your food labels - the less processed a food is, the lower the sodium content should be.
    As for getting rid of excess fluid, as counterintuitive as it may sound, increasing the amount of water you drink is a simple and safe way. Along, of course, with eliminating high-sodium foods (canned soups, undrained tuna, even excess diet sodas). In no way would I recommend using a diuretic unless your doc suggests it.

- Emma
    Please call me Emma....

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree...how much whey do you use? Mine has 60 mg as well. ON whey. I know casein powder has quite a bit of sodium